Uninspired Confidence

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Zetskey I was going to reply to your asinine post but then realized there would be no point trying to discuss anything with you. if what you wrote is what you really think then good bye to you, if you were just trying to stir up forum trouble than good bye to you.

• @NotAPumpkin said in Uninspired Confidence:

@Zetskey have you ever thought that maybe they just don't have a good response so they are telling you what they know in that period of time? If they don't know the answer they can't give you on so they are working on an answer. If you're interested in the game and development, that should be good enough for you.

Except ambiguity only shows the lack of preparation for a response to a situation such as this which only reinforces my original issue.

@NotAPumpkin

The problem is that you immediately came out and started attacking them as a company. Grow up. You sound like an immature twat. If you're a "professional" as you say - then you should know this stuff happens all the time and even still happens to the big giant MMOs. I know WoW Classic even had issues at their launch. ArcheAge just rebooted and they had similar issues with servers crashing, excessive queue times, games dropping, etc.

I never said i was a "professional". I stated that I have experience. I also mentioned archeage had problems but then added that those problems were nowhere near as severe as this one. So again, this is reinforcing my initial criticism. Also mentioning WoW classic doesn't really help either as the issues they faced weren't as catastrophic and even so blizzard had a response other than "we'll tell you tomorrow". So that too only reinforces my criticism of the fact they didn't seem prepared in the slightest given their current response, or lack thereof.

@NotAPumpkin

The problem is that you immediately came out and started attacking them as a company. Grow up. You sound like an immature twat. If you're a "professional" as you say - then you should know this stuff happens all the time and even still happens to the big giant MMOs. I know WoW Classic even had issues at their launch. ArcheAge just rebooted and they had similar issues with servers crashing, excessive queue times, games dropping, etc.

It's called criticism and I have the right to give mine. Also calling me a twat just immediately crumbles whatever platform you have to dust so you should probably not do it.

@Kralith

i really don't understand your rant about the need to stop the test.
    That was the first Stresstest ever for this game.
    We all expected it can happen, that it fails.
    And it failed, for whatever reason.
    But thats exactly why they needed to do a stresstest, to look if the server can handle more than 100 people at the same time.

This was part of my criticism. I'd like to state someone else stated this wasn't their first stress test but you seem to think it was. If this is true that only adds to the problem. This isn't when or how a "first" stress test should be conducted if it was in fact the first one given all the information I've been told. If the information I have been told is wrong then I can only work off the information that is given to me.

I also never said ever that I made games. So i don't know where you got that from. I said I've had experience with server administration on multiplayer servers.

• @Gibbx
    Yah man that's my only reason to give criticism. Just to cause trouble because all criticism is just to cause trouble. Man some people seem to not like it when their game is criticized. I guess calling my post asinine is the only way to attack my critique for you. I've yet to say anything excessively negative about individuals or call out people as "trash" or "twat" as some people have done to me.

All i've said is that this whole thing was a huge debacle and their response has been lack luster. They said it was a critical server issue but they have a window message that pops up saying that people can still play if they have paid. So those two things together is what I feel is dishonest. That is what all this stems from. If the window I got when logging in was, in fact, wrong and no one can get on the server then so be it but that is not the error message displayed when I logged in.

@Zetskey mate, you need to get a life dude. xD

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Zetskey I downloaded the game yesterday, really eager to play it as I follow it almost since the begginning, and saw that the test was over. I didn't know about the lag and else, but I didn't start to think bad of them. I've read the article explaining the problem that happen, and I understand they had to close it. They really didn't expect a problem like that, and it might be a problem coming from SpatialOS, so how do you think they could handle it ? And as other people said, it's a stress test, it failed because of this bug, but at least they found it, and now they can try to fix it, or wait for the SpatialOS guy to resolve this problem.
    We just have to be patient, I think I can say that I know how Dynamight work, and I can tell you that they're trying all they can to solve it. I suppose you got the popup saying that you have to buy Alpha 2 pack because we're currently in Alpha 2, but it doesn't mean that people can access the game in them meantime, because servers arent' up.

Edit : I saw that it seem that yes, the servers are up for the Alpha 2 backers, but I suppose they let them play because it will not occur any problem.

• Wiki Editor

@Zetskey said in Uninspired Confidence:

I'd like to state someone else stated this wasn't their first stress test but you seem to think it was.

Well yes, i maybe wasn't precise in this case.
    I mean the first mass Stresstest.
    For sure they made other stresstests before.
    But not with masses of player at the same time.
    That means, that was the first time, everyone was invited for free.
    I am expecting, that they will do way more free weekends till the release.

These kind of access has surely something to do with marketing, but in first row they just need masses on player who login at the same time. Exactly to encounter such problems.

We know enough about the problem, because we know exactly that, what we need to know.
    The test was stoped because of serious technical problems, they work on them, they will repeat the Stresstest, after they found the reason.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Well the team is under no obligation to open up the servers at all so the fact that they tried to do just that is great. There are many of us that are backers who have never been able to get into a test so I have no sympathy for someone who just wanted to 'check it out' who is not a backer.
    If you have never experienced a test before then I can see the confusion as to the issues.
    What happened is actually pretty normal. Stress testing is server and systems testing. Nothing more.

@Zetskey
    so you tried Archeage out when it was in alpha in korea? because the western beta/release was already well beyond what this game is.

this is the first open access stress test. they did give a few keys out to those in the foundation but was limited to 100 or 500 and I doubt all of them were playing simultaneously. I still say they had more people during this stress test than they were anticipating. there is clearly something wrong with the hardware or software. they even made a post about having to close the stress test early because it was pointless.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Zetskey ,

1. Member when WoW just started? Member queues? Not "Classic" WoW, I mean original WoW many years ago...
    2. Member Albion first day F2P?
    3. They have game developers and Spatial OS engineers and it's not the same team. If developers can be online - engineers can be offline... I believe they just rent servers with staff so they can't do anything about it right now. Maybe I'm wrong... But it's ok for alpha...
    4. Many games r having Alpha\Beta labels, but all major tests are running in "closed" state, so these games are actually a "production" version with few minor bugs... Fractured - true alpha. They said it - they did it. And the test was for developers, not for gamers.
    5. It was free, why so many problems? Some people paid 90EUR for it, right? There would be some free tests in the future and You can test Fractured again without bugs... maybe? 😃
    6. It was a STRESS test. The main idea was to check how soon the server will go down.
    7. There is a team of 8 members... There is a difference between big projects and indi, right?

P.S. @Specter, I said everything right? So when will I have my FREE copy of Alpha2?
    P.P.S. Yeah, I know, I have very "specific" sense of humor. XD

• Wiki Editor

@viziory well said.

And i mention additional: None of the backers and supporters complained, just the free testers who expected something for free and who are thinking to have the right to complain not to get the promised stuff.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Kralith, Yep. You r right.
    Moreover, I didn't see developers for a long time who were started free weekends in a new game... It's sad You can't check the product before You bought it. And indie companies don't have refund policy, so now we get Win-Win result. We get a grasp of the game, developers get their test, everybody wins 😃

@viziory

Maybe the developers should have emphasized this is a true alpha stress test via overlay on the screen it could have had a different outcome but I've noticed DS has an issue with communication (see how many times I've reminded them to post kickstarter updates).

@Jetah i don't see that, it was stated clearly that it is an alpha stress test in the news, even what exactly they want to gather from this test, communication seems fine to me too (don't know about the kickstarter updates)

@Shivashanti
    and according to your TF#7 title, you've been here a while and probably know what state the game is truly in. Those that have posted complaints were those without any titles, typically no knowledge of the game at all, except what minor reading/watching they did prior to downloading the alpha stress test.

The stress test should have been done internally, IE those in the foundation and have signed up or backed, before opening it to the public. But they can't take back what they did. I'm glad they found the problem and are working to fix it but some impatient people that was too much and they'll not bother with the game again. in part, i blame the industry for releasing 'alphas' which aren't true alphas.

yeah sure i see your point, but honestly i don't miss the ones that went rampage anyways 😉

I would say the original poster made a decent point regarding "perception". The old saying goes "You only get one chance to make a first impression."

The Discord and Forums have been busier than I can recall and that's a good thing, I hope these little setbacks don't slow the momentum.

And Welcome to all newer type forum peeps!

@Jimbolini said in Uninspired Confidence:

I would say the original poster made a decent point regarding "perception". The old saying goes "You only get one chance to make a first impression."

The Discord and Forums have been busier than I can recall and that's a good thing, I hope these little setbacks don't slow the momentum.

honestly i only see a stress test this early in development as a means to get money. otherwise it's never a good idea to offer such a thing so early.

@Jetah said in Uninspired Confidence:

@Jimbolini said in Uninspired Confidence:

honestly i only see a stress test this early in development as a means to get money. otherwise it's never a good idea to offer such a thing so early.

So you dont think it was a good idear finding a massive game breaking bug early that could be wrapped in the systems and code and need a load of stuff changing?

@Xzoviac Very good point, sir, and well said 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Xzoviac as someone following this game for a while now you are surely giving off a sour taste. If communication is not your strong point than maybe you should leave that to other people.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured