Rhykker Mention of "Pay for Convenience"

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Kralith said in Rhykker Mention of "Pay for Convenience":

@Jetah said in Rhykker Mention of "Pay for Convenience":

prometheus already said the game would have convenience mtx. i posted this video/topic to show them that it isn't a good idea. the comments in the video dont like the convenience options. it's been said that crafting will be real time in fractured. that means tools and benches can be sold for convenience (to shorten the time it takes to craft).

Where they said that?

video i believe.

• Wiki Editor

@Kralith said in Rhykker Mention of "Pay for Convenience":

prometheus already said the game would have convenience mtx. i posted this video/topic to show them that it isn't a good idea. the comments in the video dont like the convenience options. it's been said that crafting will be real time in fractured. that means tools and benches can be sold for convenience (to shorten the time it takes to craft).

Where they said that?

video i believe.

Believing is not enough, because then it is just an opinion.
    Is it fact they said, they want Convience Microtransactions?
    I got another picture about their sense.

@Kralith

i'm not going through all 5 hours of videos to find it. it's there. i'm searching for it being mentioned with a time stamp but it may have been glossed over. i just remember he said it.

• Wiki Editor

@Jetah
    Hmm...
    Well, you don't need to do it. I just remember different.
    But our memories are sometimes not the best prove for our fact assertions.

@Kralith although i probably havnt read up on fractured as much as some others have, i havn't seen anything eelated to the devs wanting pay for convenience except possibly the carpenter NPC. They have seems pretry heavily against it from what i have seen. The shop even now is only companions that dont attack and furniture cosmetics. Even the foundation is titles, dynamite gold, a mount and a couple of pets. we have been told we can tame mounts in game, but i guess it is a convenience to not need to learn how to tame one... still dont know what is gonna be in the founders chests tho. In a sense tho, even with the foundation, it is free, so not really pay for convenience. participate more like.

In games like this one, i find a smaller inventory is usually fine. we are limited by carry weight as it is anyways. Now, paying for a carry weight increase... that is a different story... encumberance should pose a problem for everyone. In a game like this one is supposed to be, you should have to be smart with what you pick up. Like an Ironman character in Roguelands.

I will say this, if the game drives casual players away a game will fail. There just aren't enough hard core gamers to support a game. Casual gamers are a crafters best friend. The multitudes will come in a buy up your merchandise then not play for very long periods of time effectively removing those items from game play lol.

It depends a lot on how the game is designed. What is convenience and what is P2W will depend on many factors. It is hard to speculate about that now.

But in general, if something is just convenience, I'm all up for that. If something is P2W, I don't like that.

@Kralith I remember too the mention of carpenter and knowledge point boost, but nothing more... Anyway, I hope it stays like that and the focus will be more in cosmetics.

Is "pay to not play the game" not more suitable for horizontal progression?

A lot of MMORPG gives you the possibility (later on) to catch up by the newest contest by a level boost. I have never considered that P2W. Besides that, I have not that many hours to spend on gaming as the younger generation for example, so if there will be possibilities to use that sort of conveniences to keep on par over time with friends and/or guildmates.

I can understand that having services which can give you advantages at the start of the life cycle is not smart. But later on I do hope there are possibilities, if not for me, then at least stuff that can encourage new players to jump in the game.

I would hope for it to be avoided.

@Yitra said in Rhykker Mention of "Pay for Convenience":

A lot of MMORPG gives you the possibility (later on) to catch up by the newest contest by a level boost. I have never considered that P2W. Besides that, I have not that many hours to spend on gaming as the younger generation for example, so if there will be possibilities to use that sort of conveniences to keep on par over time with friends and/or guildmates.

I can understand that having services which can give you advantages at the start of the life cycle is not smart. But later on I do hope there are possibilities, if not for me, then at least stuff that can encourage new players to jump in the game.

I agree and I do not see anything wrong with some catch up mechanics, especially after the game has been up few years. Little boost in case like that would be nice for those who finds Fractured a little bit later.

• I don't mind cosmetics, but it's a fine line that they don't get too carried away. Suddenly potions, stash slots, shared character stashes and so on... and then your doing thing no one else can.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I wholeheartedly reject a pay to win scheme and hope DMS maintains its integrity in this respect.

...But I'm also one of those gamers who's happy to pay a mandatory monthly subscription. 🙂

DMS is a company and it has to remain profitable for us to enjoy the spoils.

@Farlander said in Rhykker Mention of "Pay for Convenience":

I will say this, if the game drives casual players away a game will fail. There just aren't enough hard core gamers to support a game. Casual gamers are a crafters best friend. The multitudes will come in a buy up your merchandise then not play for very long periods of time effectively removing those items from game play lol.

the game will have 3 planets though. that separates the play styles. convenience should have never been a pay option. i blame mobile games for that one! but there are plenty of that in RL like pay to skip a line. pay to have your service pushed through (like getting a car worked on). I had a coworker who could out bid others to get his hair cut next (not faster but you skip the line.)

@MauMaw said in Rhykker Mention of "Pay for Convenience":

I don't mind cosmetics, but it's a fine line that they don't get too carried away. Suddenly potions, stash slots, shared character stashes and so on... and then your doing thing no one else can.

Oh come on! Are shared potion slots and a shared bank really getting carried away? That seems very minor to me.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

In Elder Scrolls Online, people pay for things like riding lessons (speed up mount speed which is otherwise limited to 1% gain a day until you hit 60% which is maxed), experience scrolls, housing furnishing, houses, and crafting research speed boosts. These things are convenient and don't make the game P2W.

If Fractured wants to turn a good profit, they'll probably have to do the same, as well as have limited cosmetics inside lootboxes to engage with the whales. I know a lot of people hate lootboxes, but as long as it's just cosmetics, it doesn't change the gameplay and it keeps a game profitable and alive with lots of content updates, which is the more important factor.

@Gothix said in Rhykker Mention of "Pay for Convenience":

(...)But in general, if something is just convenience, I'm all up for that. If something is P2W, I don't like that.

What does 'winning' mean in this context? Defeating a single opponent in a one vs one PvP battle? Selling your goods as a crafter? Winning a large massive guild vs guild war?
    The problem with the term 'P2W' is that it has a vastly different meaning for people, mainly focusing on their specific preferred playstyles.

I would say "winning" means gaining direct advantage (by paying) over other player in "competitive content".

So, winning a PvP battle, guild battle, winning a housing plot over someone else (by having more gold), and so on. So basically whatever works negatively against other players.

If something is solo content, so like cosmetics, bigger house, etc, anything that does not negatively impact other players game, that is fluff and convenience.

Whatever negatively impacts other players, if its gained by cash, its P2W.

@Jetah Last time we went to Universal in Florida was the last time we would ever go back. We would be waiting in lines for over an hour for rides and people with express passes would walk right through and jump right in front of us. I can see the money grab for the company but when general admission people decide it's not worth their trouble how much money are they really making?

• Wiki Editor

I have to quote

@Gothix said in Rhykker Mention of "Pay for Convenience":

I would say "winning" means gaining direct advantage (by paying) over other player in "competitive content".

So, winning a PvP battle, guild battle, winning a housing plot over someone else (by having more gold), and so on. So basically whatever works negatively against other players.

If something is solo content, so like cosmetics, bigger house, etc, anything that does not negatively impact other players game, that is fluff and convenience.

Whatever negatively impacts other players, if its gained by cash, its P2W.

Well said @Gothix !

I hope there will be ingame some fluff and convenience features for the time between the hard travels, that they can spend in one of our Taverns. 😉

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured