Animal taming and breeding.

• This post is deleted!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Having multiple pets/companions reminds me of BGII, where members of your party would randomly have conversations (sometimes extremely hilarious ones), depending on which companions you had selected. 🙂

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@gnatthegnome said in Animal taming and breeding.:

I like the Ark-style breeding. Each animal of a type has a slight variation in the stats and when you breed two animals together, it uses their stats as a base for the offspring. This allows for breeding pets for specific stats over time. My pet bear sould be bred for use as a pack mule versus yours bred for combat.

This is the sort of thing I was trying to get at with my suggestion in the past on a different thread XD I think you have streamlined it more in this post than I did to make it easily understood, though I would still like to be able to breed for color as well 😉

@Znirf
    Outstanding, thank you.

• I Love animal breeding and selling them in the market this will be great.

I hope that number of pets that you have following you isn't limited, but instead, maintenance of several simultaneously used pets becomes higher and higher, and in this way it becomes very hard to have many pets out.

But if someone loves pets and is willing to pay high maintenance that comes with that, he should be allowed to have more pets out following him.

@Gothix said in Animal taming and breeding.:

I hope that number of pets that you have following you isn't limited, but instead, maintenance of several simultaneously used pets becomes higher and higher, and in this way it becomes very hard to have many pets out.

But if someone loves pets and is willing to pay high maintenance that comes with that, he should be allowed to have more pets out following him.

problem is people will pay cash to support those pets. 3rd party sites will offer it and people will buy it.

Maintenance could be something like a continuing mana reserve, or even HP (in the case perhaps of undead/demon pets).

So, a player with many pets might have much less mana to spend on spells/abilities, and be more vulnerable to attack.

I Was thinking about a call familiar pet for wizards/sorc today, could be cool if you could sacrifice a stat to the pet to make the pet stronger, for example, I summon a familiar and get a imp, and sacrifice all my wisdom to the imp to give it boosted stats, giving the imp my wisdom, and other increases,

Having high int on my wizard but being very unwise I keep doing crazy experiments that make my imp worry complain and question my choices, hopefully leading to fun conversations 🙏

@Jetah said in Animal taming and breeding.:

problem is people will pay cash to support those pets. 3rd party sites will offer it and people will buy it.

Considering they are going to make it as little pay to win as possible, and keep the shop cosmetic... they will probably leave pet feed out of the shop and every player will have to grind their pet upkeep. Wouldn't be fair otherwise, especially pertaining to battle pets.

@Xzait said in Animal taming and breeding.:

Considering they are going to make it as little pay to win as possible, and keep the shop cosmetic... they will probably leave pet feed out of the shop and every player will have to grind their pet upkeep. Wouldn't be fair otherwise, especially pertaining to battle pets.

who said i was talking about official store? i'm talking 3rd party sites that'll have bots porting around so people dont have to grind. remember that everything is tradable (cosmetics aside).

@Xzait said in Animal taming and breeding.:

who said i was talking about official store? i'm talking 3rd party sites that'll have bots porting around so people dont have to grind. remember that everything is tradable (cosmetics aside).

I guess the terms of service only say you can't use bots on the website. says nothing about in the game itself. They will possibly change it, never know...

Acceptable Use Policy section 5.2 states;
    "...(vi) use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on this Website, or to generate automated searches, requests, or queries to this Website."

@Xzait

bots are usually banned. and they define bots as automated game play. although i'd love to see something where physically handicap can get wavers on their account. I'd love to see video games have more access to people!

@Jetah
    Yeah, i sure hope they are banned. they have never been a good sight in a game, except when they are bots to check shops or something for a website to make it easier to find what you need. Spam chat bots or spam mail or phishing bots however, are very much an unwanted sight

• This post is deleted!

@Xzait

they make enough to buy more accounts. it's just an expense for them.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Well, I'm pretty glad to see the taming goal got reached! And I'm pretty opposed to seeing "pets" have enough combat effect to require them, per say. Now, if they use similar mechanics as say, an undead or summoned minion, that is a different matter (including limits on personal party size). I do like the idea of punishing and praising behaviors to make a pet more active in certain activities over others, and I am rather taken with the idea of a pet doing out-of-combat things - the dog digging up a treasure seems handy, as does the "warning function" - maybe let a creature do both, but only 1 at a time. And you can issue a command, but the animal tends to revert to swapping between different types of behavior per it's training - so you can command "Attack!" and it'll start doing combat things, but if you've trained it as a Treasure Hunter, it may just attack once and then go wander off to find more loot, after.

I'd also like to see a difference in choices - like, some are active combatants, while others don't fight, but instead stay away and buff you/your party - like, I'd like to see a spider combat pet mostly skitter around, dropping webs that slow enemies that walk on them, or, I don't know, a baby penguin that improves your odds of not Freezing, in addition to the Assault Bears and Tigers that seem more standard for a "battle pet".

no one likes spam bots.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I really hope that we will be able to "tame" undead creatures as Lich and no other race will be able to do that. That would be something unqiue for the race that's literally undead.

^^

Outside of that i am happy to see that Pets (with no fighting capabilties) and other companions will be useable at the same time.
    Would love to see skills related to the fighting capable ones too. Like healing your pet, boosting it or giviing it orders to attack someone or follow someone supportive.

@Jetah

In Wurm Online, grinding is highly repetitive, making it vulnerable to bots. I'm hoping Fractured's horizontal-progression gameplay is non-repetitive enough to make botting a waste of time. 🙂

@Roccandil said in Animal taming and breeding.:

@Jetah

In Wurm Online, grinding is highly repetitive, making it vulnerable to bots. I'm hoping Fractured's horizontal-progression gameplay is non-repetitive enough to make botting a waste of time. 🙂

the game will require resources. those resources need to be farmed. i'll assume you can figure what will be for sale.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured