How big should guilds allowed to be?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Just wondering what do you guys think should be the maximum cap of guilds/alliances. Since i'm totally against big zergs in open world pvp mmos i think we should cap guilds at around 100, for alliances maybe double that (i see that the 2,5d gameplay limits it a bit, but big zergs like in albion with 400+ people ruin the gameplay for almost everyone not participating in such a zerg). Feel free to discuss 🙂

Well i think that depends on the server cap and how many people are on each planet

I don't think that depends on server/worldload much as 400-800 people, as example, without friendly fire is just too much, that would just be a big meatball eating up the whole worlds i think. That being said would just be the case if we don't get really good anti zerg mechanics or really good rewards to split up over many "mapobjectives"

if you place limits on guild size then mega guilds will just create sub-guilds to fit all of their members.

isometric has the benefit that you can't fit 400 people on the screen so zergs will be small.

@Jetah said in How big should guilds allowed to be?:

if you place limits on guild size then mega guilds will just create sub-guilds to fit all of their members.

Sub guilds are fine because then they are enemys and do friendly fire to each other.

isometric has the benefit that you can't fit 400 people on the screen so zergs will be small.

Well they don't fit on one screen but they could totally shut down a whole world or huge amounts of the game world.

• I completely agree with @Shivashanti.

In Albion the limit for guilds is 300people are there are no limits on alliances. The result is a few huge (~3k people) alliances that control vast areas. Basically there was almost no risk in gathering and farming in a zone controlled by my alliance.

I see no point in bigger guilds > 100-150 people.

Okay, people are in the same group. But will hardly know each other or play with each other, with the exception of Guild vs Guild Siege.

If that is 20 vs 20 or 50 vs 50 or 100 vs 100 makes the fun not bigger. So no point in making Guilds of 300 or even more IMHO.

I like the idea of limits. From a guildmaster point of view having a limit of 100 or less would have actually been enjoyable for me anyway. I usually spent at least an hour a day doing guildstone stuff. I'm guessing this limit is per character and not per account. When you add that in then you lower the numbers even more.

• @Yitra exactly, 20 vs 20 is huge fight already. 100+ vs 100+ is just chaos with random throwing flying AOEs.

Opinions differ based on pearsons playstyle.

Personally i like to play in "medium" sized guilds and without an alliance...

So i would personally vote for 150-ish player cap, without friendly fire for guild members but no FF protection beetween guilds even if they are in alliance.

@Gothix said in How big should guilds allowed to be?:

Opinions differ based on pearsons playstyle.

Personally i like to play in "medium" sized guilds and without an alliance...

So i would personally vote for 150-ish player cap, without friendly fire for guild members but no FF protection beetween guilds even if they are in alliance.

i hate the idea of no FF for intra guild.

I like the idea of being able to turn it off and on so that guild members can practice pvp with each other. I also like the idea of being able to turn it off and on with alliances as well for the same thing. You can't have constant pvp between allies because the leaders will constantly be having to monitor and police the dicks that guild hop just to cause problems between guilds. There is no amount of interviewing or vetting that can prevent these kinds of people from joining guilds just to create issues within them. Leaders can only react to their havoc they cause which can then be an everyday tedious chore.

I would like to see options of banning accounts from guilds as well so that players who try to do this with one character are then prevented from bringing in characters under other names.

• @Farlander said in How big should guilds allowed to be?:

I like the idea of being able to turn it off and on so that guild members can practice pvp with each other. I also like the idea of being able to turn it off and on with alliances as well for the same thing.

IMO I would like to see arenas instead of a hard switch for the FF/PVP inside an alliance and guild.

Have it as blueprints available to the Guild Leaders in there Guild house, with multiple sizes available. Something like small 1v1 scale-able to 10v10 for large guilds. It would open FF/PVP inside the arena but if it is in the guild hall or next to it it would be safe passage to and from. That way you could train/experiment 1v1 or try 10v10 combat strategies.

It could be expanded further for say Governors to add to towns with a ranking system in the town versions.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

If there are caps they will just have sister guilds.

It is best to use in game mechanics to prevent guild domination of a server. Think balance and over extending resources etc

@Pluto sister guilds are fine because they have to deal with friendly fire then

@Razvan said in How big should guilds allowed to be?:

I completely agree with @Shivashanti.

In Albion the limit for guilds is 300people are there are no limits on alliances. The result is a few huge (~3k people) alliances that control vast areas. Basically there was almost no risk in gathering and farming in a zone controlled by my alliance.

Not any more, due to a new mechanic called alliance point sharing. There are still a few big alliances (ARCH, PoE, EGO), but not as many as there used to be.

One predictable effect is new players getting squeezed out. 😞

Note that one "feature" of Albion that Fractured will not have (As far as I know) is realmgate-centric PvP. In Albion, realmgates provide a indestructible base, backed by an infinite market and personal islands. This allows alliances to stack an infinite zerg on a gate to enter the Outlands, all with the same time-to-target. (Albion is trying to correct that with the Queen update and the new hideout system, but we'll see.)

In Fractured, stacking an infinite allied zerg in the same place should (at least theoretically) be more logistically difficult, since the map is so big, and players will be based all over the place with no teleport options.

do not forget that, not like albion, there will be FF on human and demon planet, so doesn't matter what the size of the guild, too many people and they will lose.

@grofire wait there will be FF within groups and guilds on human and demon planet? do we have that confirmed?

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Shivashanti

Friendly fire is already going to be in groups and guilds. It was one of the really early videos it was mentioned IIRC

@Pluto i searched a bit in the first q&a and it doesn't got mentioned in the first anti zerg question (at around 9:25). If we however will get FF in groups and guilds this thread is kinda pointless 😄

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured