Quests for classes

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I recently remembered about quest chains of classes in vanilla, so why not add such quests to fractured, imagine you got accumulated a certain skill, for example, in a school of druidism, and you had the opportunity to get a powerful or useful ability of a class. With the further growth of the development of the class, you will discover the unique abilities of the class.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@domowoi78 проблема в том, что в игре как таковых квестов то не будет, что там говорить про кассовые задачи. На это у нас есть великая система знаний.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

доработаю, обдумаю, напишу

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Not a terrible idea, but the abilities need to fall in line with the relatively low power curve of the game. AKA, maybe something with a T3 ability where unlocking it requires finding knowledge and going out to do specific things.

@domowoi78 no classes in the game I believe..

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

There are races, sub-races and racial inclinations, since people are squeamish about using the word classes :). You can have quests for those. But it just seems strange having quests in a sandbox game in general, where everything is expected to be player-driven, quest lines just seem not applicable where you don't have NPCs. Maybe missions? Mission from whatever god you worship, or any other NPC.

@mae said in Quests for classes:

Maybe missions? Mission from whatever god you worship,

Well there are already divine quests for that

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@eurav said in Quests for classes:

Maybe missions? Mission from whatever god you worship,

Well there are already divine quests for that

Exactly. And the gods don't care for such minor stuff like your skills 🙂 Divine quests are for divine favor! (or race change 😉 )

• TF#10 - CONSUL

there isn't a class for Fractured (or at least they don't want it to be so obvious that you can easily call something a class that isn't player made). "All skills are obtainable for everyone in Fractured" or so I believe is their motto for classes. This would mean that certain abilities that are locked behind quest lines that are exclusive to doing the quest line would suck (because the quest pretty much tells you this is a Druid class or this is a Berserker class despite the fact that they said there won't be class-oriented structures).

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

I don't think that there will be much in the way of quest chains, excepting the religious ones for God favor,

We already have the quests to unlock spells, so I doubt we need more spells specific to a school of magic.

@chrightt said in Quests for classes:

This would mean that certain abilities that are locked behind quest lines that are exclusive to doing the quest line would suck (because the quest pretty much tells you this is a Druid class or this is a Berserker class despite the fact that they said there won't be class-oriented structures).

Hum... I don't think divine quest will work like that.
    You'll probably need some abilities to resolve your quest it's probably true. But you could change what abilities you need when you rest. But if you need some strength based abilities and you have 6 on this one, it would be a long day 🙂 so you'll probably need some help (magic buff, tree points reallocation, friend, stuff...).

@domowoi78 they are no chain quest only divine quest (with human-lich, demon-angel, beast-abomination). Skill/abilities don't power-up (ruled) but progress on horizontal way (waiting to see the skill book). About missions, we had a debate on the forum about a players giving quest system (like pk hunting, merchant protection, herbs gathering...)

Class quests would be hard in a game without classes but still kinda possible I guess. You could have a group of quest givers that has the same goal achieved by different means. Say one path would be great for an archer but straight murder for a melee class. Another would have monsters only capable of being defeated by opposite elements or creatures weak to undead magic. You would have to talk around and find the path best suited for you and your rewards would benefit that style of play. Some people will have multiple paths to choose picking the quest based on the reward and others might only have once choice. Dynamic quest givers could also be possible and picking the reward would pick the path. Will be interesting to see where things like this go.

But it just seems strange having quests in a sandbox game in general, where everything is expected to be player-driven

I like how Eve Online did it.

They wrote the plot but didn't write how it ends. They allow the players to determine how a story will end.

example was a capital ship was in 0.0 (complete lawless space) and entered into low security (they have guards but not many). This character destroyed a station and was in the process of escaping. The developers mentioned you can try to stop the ship or try to help it escape.

Some players went to assist/defend the capital ship to help it get away while others tried to destroy it.

in the end the capital ship made the escape. I'm not sure what happened after that but that's how you can have a story, quest in a sandbox but not script the ending so that the players can decide it.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured