4th planet of angelics: harsh PVE, banned PVP.

• @therippyone said in 4th planet of angelics: harsh PVE, banned PVP.:

I'm expecting PvE on Arboreus to be harder, in general, compared to Tartaros

This quote from Prometheus leads me to believe it's the opposite:

@prometheus said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

As the "Hunters & Scavengers" tab in our homepage (which you've mentioned later) suggests, resource gathering goes through PvE on Tartaros much more than in the other planets. And PvE can get really hard there, given the horrors that inhabit the planet. So your guess is 100% correct.

It was also mentioned in another thread that the kind of PvE that goes on in Arboreus safe zones wouldn't interest the kind of people that play demon which leads me to conclude that a lot of the PvE on Arboreus is farming or other types of passive PvE.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@target I reached the same conclusion that you did. As a PVE player in this game, I'm looking forward to the town management and development, crafting and exploring. If I want raids and dungeons, I can always go to <fill in any themepark MMO here>. Of course, there will be the labyrinth in endgame, but I'm really not expecting a lot, if any, of open world dungeons and raids in this game.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@target well, dang. Little disappointed, but I don't mind it too much. get's the explorer cap out

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Because Carebears want a planet too!

Hmmm... you know what would be cool?

A perma death planet, with super unique resources only available there. 😄
    Who will be brave enough to go gather them? Super risk, much profit. 😉

To avoid creating fresh alts for purpose of gathering there - ONLY characters with 200+ learned skills are allowed to venture on that planet!

Well instead of adding a new Planet for this, I think it would be much easier to make some Asteroids like this. Buts since nobody wants to lose their character they worked hard for, maybe limit the "perma death" slightly 😄

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@gothix Could be fun, though @Eurav 's idea of making it a semi-permanent asteroid might be more feasible (A moon of Tartaros? Too far from the influence of the gods to be resurrected, the corpses of the fallen bleach away to bones, never to be remembered - ie, if you die there, your corpse is there to be looted permanently (or, at least, until it is looted)).

Sure, if people would dislike perma death, perhaps some other lesser penalty for death, but still tangible one, to emphasize the risk vs profit.

For example:

• each time you are killed, you randomly lose 1 learned skill (or if higher level skill gets chosen by RNG, then you lose 1 rank of it)
    • you also get banned from returning to that asteroid for 24 hours (so you not treat your visit there lightly).

But still people would abuse this, by creating fresh alts to go there, so they don't lose anything with main character when they go there. So one rule that would have to be present is that only characters that have something to lose can go there.

This is why I gave an example of characters needing at least 200 learned skills to go there. It makes sure that those are characters that have been heavily invested into already.

Asteroids such as these, could be very harsh, even in PvE (very hard monsters) plus PvP without penalty (Tartaros like), so these could be presented as an events for already decently developed characters. Another option that comes as reward for your character progression (not everything has to be given right at start).

@gothix said in 4th planet of angelics: harsh PVE, banned PVP.:

Sure, if people would dislike perma death, perhaps some other lesser penalty for death, but still tangible one, to emphasize the risk vs profit.

i hate that you keep saying "risk vs profit", this what make other game shit... that what made AO shit...
    in fractured as @Prometheus said numerous times its not an issue of "risk vs reword", its the recognition that there is different play styles,and some do not have risk at all, and still should get to endgame content!
    that why both the PVE world and the PVP world have very rare unique materials and not the same kind of materials, just in different quantity or quality.

@grofire Fractured offers the common playground for players that enjoy different play styles yes, but not every play style can get you EVERYTHING. This is certainly not what devs said. For start there are unique resources available on each planet, there is unique knowledge available on every planet, and you will NOT be able to get everything without taking a risk, and travelling.

An asteroid that features extremely hard monsters, and FFA PvP, while offering a chance to find unique resources and rewards, would certainly offer an extra option for player enjoyment. And players that do not want to take the risk of travelling there, can grind some extra time and then pay to those particular players that ventured there (and succeeded, because many will lose a lot) and purchase the goods found on that asteroid.

Everyone would have a choice. Stay in safety, but pay expensively for goods from that area, or venture to that area and risk severe punishment if you fail.

If you are looking for game which you can play 100% in safety, and get 100% of content like that, I'm sorry to say, Fractured is not such game.

Yes you can play 100% in safety if you chose to play in such way, but do not expect to get everything the game has to offer like that.

@grofire Fractured offers the common playground for players that enjoy different play styles yes, but not every play style can get you EVERYTHING.

If you are looking for game which you can play 100% in safety, and get 100% of content like that, I'm sorry to say, Fractured is not such game.

Yes you can play 100% in safety if you chose to play in such way, but do not expect to get everything the game has to offer like that.

that why i hate argue with you. you always twisting words, never answer to what i say, only to what you think i said, in the most irreverent way it could be!

did i say all players get to do all ? or EVERYTHING? as you put it ? did i say i want a 100% safety? no i didn't, i said that all play styles will get an endgame content... and that why this game not follow the "risk vs reword" concept. even a super hardcore PVE player could be rich and powerful...

@grofire this game is still risk vs reward.

Traveling with resources to sell them better in other planet is risk (you can get killed and lose those resources). Reward is earning better profit on another planet (or city) if your travel is successful.

Sieges will be risk vs reward. Guilds will risk all their gear (invested time) and other expenses, for a possible reward of gaining control of the city, and other rewards that come with it.

Everything is risk vs reward, except perhaps grinding wood in Arboreus safe zone, which is only time vs reward.

@grofire said in 4th planet of angelics: harsh PVE, banned PVP.:

never answer to what i say, only to what you think i said

How could anyone do any different than that, lol? Someone can only answer to what he thinks someone is saying, unless he is mind reader and can know for sure what that other person is thinking.

1. reading what someone else wrote
    2. composing those words into assumption of what someone else wanted to say
    3. writing a reply based on the assumption of someone else wanted to say

@grofire this game is still risk vs reward.

Traveling with resources to sell [...]

Sieges will be risk vs reward [...]

that true only in PVP world, in PVE its not "risk vs reword".... that why this game its only partly "risk vs reword" and can't be consider like one.

@grofire said in 4th planet of angelics: harsh PVE, banned PVP.:

never answer to what i say, only to what you think i said

How could anyone do any different than that, lol? Someone can only answer to what he thinks someone is saying, unless he is mind reader and can know for sure what that other person is thinking.

1. reading what someone else wrote
    2. composing those words into assumption of what someone else wanted to say
    3. writing a reply based on the assumption of someone else wanted to say

but as you seen, i didn't write any of the words that you used, so i do not understand how you got from what i said, what you said...

• @grofire said in 4th planet of angelics: harsh PVE, banned PVP.:

in fractured as @Prometheus said numerous times its not an issue of "risk vs reward", its the recognition that there is different play styles,and some do not have risk at all, and still should get to endgame content!

Can you link any of the times Prometheus talked about risk vs reward? I don't remember anything like that being said and search is failing me. From what I remember, playstyle is only ever mentioned in the context of PvP and non-PvP players, not about risk vs reward. And I don't think the devs are even implementing specific "endgame content." Judging from the absolute dedication to horizontal progression, it seems that everything in the game is the endgame.

Risk is inherently tied into any economic system. People put more value on things that are harder to acquire. Rare materials from Tartaros will likely be worth more because of the added risk of free for all PvP. I don't know how the devs could possibly design an economy that removes risk as a factor of reward without removing risk altogether.

PvE is also risk vs reward (perhaps a lower risk than PvP but still the risk). You can also die to plenty of mobs, and aggressive mobs will even kill you. You can also lose what you are carrying.

@grofire
    those that get the things they want easy will be the first to leave. they'll be the first to say "i need more content".

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured