Toon Colouring.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@grofire hopefully there will be a few options

• @sunti 🦆 🦆 QUACK QUACK 🦆 🦆 Ohh sweet thank you for answering!!! 😄 Im a bit sad no bright bright colours though 😛

• @jetah said in Toon Colouring.:

@sunti said in Toon Colouring.:

You'll be able to choose from a defined set of colours, depending on which race you're going to choose. For exemple for a tiger-kin you'll have colours ranging from white to orange, some different shades of grey and so on, demon will vary a lot (slaggish greens, reds, in general a lot of dull shades of various colours). There will be no electric blues or bright pinks, sorry 😛

There will be dyes too, not only obtainable through the cosmetics store but also inside the game. Dyes will be used for armors, so they are a different matter 🙂

I hate dyes as a costly fiat consumable but what about fur/skin dye? make it temporary around a month real time, similar to those temp hair dyes, and the item is consumed. Personally I'd prefer to not see these in the cash shop but could be rewarded during events! During a Valentines event we could have pink temporary dye! Green during St. Patrick's, etc.

🦆 🦆 QUACK QUACK 🦆 🦆 That's a pretty decent idea like!! 😄 Having them temporary but id love to keep them long term.. So maybe only able to get certain dyes from events.. But you get to keep it on permantly! But disappears still after use so you have to earn quite a few 😛

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@sunti how about some beastman concept art (please) 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah said in Toon Colouring.:

I hate dyes as a costly fiat consumable but what about fur/skin dye? make it temporary around a month real time, similar to those temp hair dyes, and the item is consumed. Personally I'd prefer to not see these in the cash shop but could be rewarded during events! During a Valentines event we could have pink temporary dye! Green during St. Patrick's, etc.

Great idea. How about easy to make/get but short time dyes (like 1-3 days), hard to make/get long time ones (one month or even permanent till you wash it out/recolor).

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@tulukaruk said in Toon Colouring.:

@jetah said in Toon Colouring.:

Great idea. How about easy to make/get but short time dyes (like 1-3 days), hard to make/get long time ones (one month or even permanent till you wash it out/recolor).

permanent dyes or no dyes at all.

I also prefer the permanent cosmetic stuff, and will not waste my money on something temporary.

But to each his own I guess. 🙂 As long as cash shop stuff is cosmetic only, I am happy.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Wouldn't mind an in-game produced short term dye, though - if it's not through the cash shop, and I can make it myself, it's a lot less problematic

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix, @TheRippyOne cash shop dyes should be permanent and multiuse - ie if you buy gray fur and orange fur for Chadra you should be able to switch between them (maybe with a cooldown). Self made/dropped from mobs stuff - could be temporary.

@tulukaruk said in Toon Colouring.:

@gothix, @TheRippyOne cash shop dyes should be permanent and multiuse - ie if you buy gray fur and orange fur for Chadra you should be able to switch between them (maybe with a cooldown). Self made/dropped from mobs stuff - could be temporary.

Hmmm, actually in-game produced dyes don't need to be temporary, they can just be one-time use (but not expire) if the armors will decay over time, and need to be replaced after a while. When armor gets broken, it's gone, and since dye was one time use, it was used on that armor and it's gone too.

Meanwhile, CS dyes could be multi-use permanent option, and you can use it on as many armors you wish, repeatedly after your armors are stolen or broken.

Cool incentive to PvP: one way where you can get some components needed to produce own dyes is when you steal dyed armors from other players and break them down to get basic components afterward. You could get part of base crafting materials, and part of components needed to craft dyes (this would be one optional way where you can find these components, there could be other places to find those too).

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Pretty sure it should be even in the most basic customatization options. I hope guys will keep to their mild color scheme and won't go overboard with coloring options, otherwise I'd start to gather people to kill acid-colored characters to force them to repaint.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@dcccxix
    @Sunti [art director] said "There will be no electric blues or bright pinks, sorry". So don't worry about that 🙂 It was in this very thread 😛

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@tulukaruk true. conversely, I hope we get more than 5 options for human skin tones - I'm tired of being told I'm either light pink, vaguely yellow, peach, light brown, or dark brown. Even if you want to keep it "realistic" there are more option on that gradient line, thank you very much XD

Also, humans tend to go in for dye jobs, even if it's weird - I mean, look at woad - Ancient celts be like "We've got this funky paste that's itchy, lumpy, and blue; what do we do with it?" smash cut They're covered in it "Radical"

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@tulukaruk I know that, but it's just as important to stay true to your vision. It's possible that loads of bad people will ask for acid colored paints and skins, and some absurd stuff like cake shaped hat or whatever, as it may bring alot of money, or it may seem to bring alot of money, because of forum activity or whatever, and devs may consider and/or implement it. For their personal gain, or for the sake of improving the game, doesn't matter. So, I just wanted to hint that this should never happen, as short term money inflow from dildo-shaped hats won't compensate the long term playerbase decrease, which will happen because people won't feel like playing an MLP-colored clusterf??? of a game.

If I'd have to bet, I'd say that basic customization will let you chose among the basic skin colors for your character, and cash shop palette will offer some artsy mixed and matched special skin skins.

I never thought I will ever be using "skin skins" in a sentence. 😛

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Maybe something like ESO Khajit

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured