What was/is your favorite ARPG and why?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Me... always been a big Diablo fan. From day one. I was one of the people in on the hoax of the "Secret Cow Level" back with the original Diablo. I created a site based entirely on how to get there and what to expect (all screen shots fabricated by me). I saw a screen shot that I created on an official Diablo video recanting the lore of the secret cow level and I was pretty excited to know that I contributed to the lore. It was far from my idea but I was one of the few that took it to the next level and got people to seriously believe. I got in some hot water with the dev team when I posted a joke about using a dos script to get into the cow level, a couple people I guess actually tried it.... it was a script to format your hard drive, I posted at the end of the post that contained the script that it was a joke and not to do it, guess they never got that far in the paragraph. I thought most people were smart enough to know what /Format 😄 was... oops.

That aside Diablo was always big on story and show, the loot was good and just random enough to think you can get one better. All about the loot. Wolcen is a decent ARPG right now and its nearing a beta phase, good strong dev team, backed it on kicstarter. Never could get hooked on Grim Dawn, felt empty in some ways, it had its moments but I always quit before finishing. Titans Quest was awesome and it's current reboot has merit. That game can be brutal. If you mess up your class it will beat you without mercy.

Looking forward to some good time in Fractured. I like what I have seen thus far!

• Titan Quest. It's had the most charm of any ARPG I've played and the way enemies died was really satisfying. Grim Dawn was alright but it was missing the charm that Titan Quest had. I played the crap out of Diablo 2 but got burned by the state of Diablo 3 on release and never looked back. PoE I really want to like but just can't get into.

By far Diablo 2 was my favorite. Loved playing weird builds and still make them work.
    I enjoyed the story and the whole feel of the game.
    I tried PoE, but the skill system is just overwhelming to me and prevents me from getting deep into that game.

• Wiki Editor

@EvolGrinZ i got the same at start of PoE, but it helped much just to search a good build at forum with a good description and tips for beginner and after one league you get slowly an idea how the skillsystem works. After you got that it is a very very cool game and much closer to Diablo2 than Diablo3 ever was.
    I was playing Diablo2 also very much, but at Diablo3 i just played to the Diablo itself and got terrible bored.
    I know even Diablo3 has changed much over the years now, but still it does not touch me anymore.
    PoE is different, because of its focus to try out yourself instead just for running for the best item.
    I like it much even to be able with obvisiously "cheap" items to build a very cool skilltree. Its more that you choose a set of fitting items and you build your skills around them, not opposite.
    Also i like to collect stuff, i can't let things laying around, even they are "crap" i need to grab them and if i really don't need them, i just sell them to the vendor.
    Also i like the hideout in PoE, you can build your own place and in reason of the direct need of trading with people, you see their hideout and they see yours. Its always very cool to see, what people create with the decoration items that are available, some of the hideouts you can almost not specify anymore, because the people changed the look amazing to anything new.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I'm gonna have to go with Rogue Galaxy (PS2). It's a Level-5 game.

Colorful without being too anime, good character cast, not absolutely loaded with dumb missables and other RPG pitfalls, generally fun and simple but not too simple combat system.

The dumbest thing about it is probably the item fusion system, which is esoteric and has secret conditions to get certain weapons. I think there was also an awkward build-a-factory minigame, it's been a while since I played.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

It used to be Dungeon Siege Legends of Aranna for me when online multiplayer was still a thing. Right now it's Grim Dawn, an excellent ARPG imo, capturing the dark atmosphere very well when you delve into dungeons.

I spaced out on the Dungeon Siege line. The first game was fricking amazing. I beat the second and it was good but not nearly as good as the first. I liked the ability to upgrade your followers. Its like having lots of pets.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Diablo 2. Where you could make mistakes and had to live with them 😉

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Mb Darkstone or Revenant -really good and atmospheric games but very outdated.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@mazikar Haha nice to meet someone with similar interests 🙂 I never played DS2, but DS1 is still of my most memorable things from my childhood. It was just so cool for its time.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

D2 here, POE wasnt bad for a while but like some have mentioned I could never get into it to the same degree as D2. I also agree that Wolcen is shaping up to be a pretty decent ARPG. Here's to hoping Fractured blows them all out of the water 🙂

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I am also a fan of Titan Quest. The skill line choice and connecting two of them creating hybrids, that was an extraordinary expereince!

Titan's Quest used loot the best to augment play styles. It also made you hunt down gear with a passion. I loved how many different augments there were for gear as well and how even after you had gear that you could not augment you could still use them for making trinkets. No loot without a use.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I'm a huge Diablo2 fan 😄
    But my top has to be Neverwinter Nights 🙂

I played Albion Online and i have to say its a great game btw.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Fractured es mi mejor juego 💃

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I've always been a really big Titan Quest fan. I tried Path of Exile and it's good, just not for me.

I didn't know it but after checking it out Diablo III is among the best selling games of all time selling over 30 million copies. I can see why, talk about a game that has gotten quite a bit of love since its launch in 2012 (best selling game that year). That is quite the market to tap into!

@mazikar said in What was/is your favorite ARPG and why?:

I didn't know it but after checking it out Diablo III is among the best selling games of all time selling over 30 million copies. I can see why, talk about a game that has gotten quite a bit of love since its launch in 2012 (best selling game that year). That is quite the market to tap into!

also they do regular bans and people just buy new accounts. I have 4 copies to multibox.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I didnt played much of em, so i think Poe was my best. Its nice to see something familiar going on...

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I'm old and I can not forget Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain 😢

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured