Coinage and Monster Gold Loot

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I'm wanting to say that because trading/selling goods across large distances will be the most productive way of making gold, that it may not make it worthwhile for a player to just slaughter monsters for hours to make money. I guess we will see soon enough.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@Vollmond YAY another person agrees!!!!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I'm kinda hoping that AH doesn't take the cut of the sales.

It makes sense that it does, but unfortunately that always leads to people avoiding AH and trying to sell stuff manually, which leads to insane amount of WTS spam in any populated area.

AH not taking cut would greatly reduce this spam.

@Vollmond I think if I find a fish in 1 region it should sell for more in another region.

@TrueCrimsonFTW yes, me too..lol. Its how the market (should) work.

@Vollmond said in Coinage and Monster Gold Loot:

e too..lol. Its how the market (sh

I just hope that the customs is low and we don't lose all of our profit.

No what I really want to know is banks! Will there be stocks? Will banks have interest, can I get a loan, and can I run a business? @Specter

• Content Creator

@Gothix said in Coinage and Monster Gold Loot:

I'm kinda hoping that AH doesn't take the cut of the sales.

It makes sense that it does, but unfortunately that always leads to people avoiding AH and trying to sell stuff manually, which leads to insane amount of WTS spam in any populated area.

AH not taking cut would greatly reduce this spam.

Sadly, this dynamic wouldn't work out too well. The AH taking a cut is one way that a game Money-sinks. It gets rid of a portion of the currency by absorbing it in fees.

Thus, AH fees should be mandatory, and based on sale price as a percentage or base+% rate.

As to WTS Spam, if they make a specific chat channel for WTS posts, and filter them out of the main chat altogether, that covers the WTS spam. There could also be Broker NPCs, where you post what you want, and then you communicate through a broker to buy/sell stuff direct player to player, avoiding the auction house but incuring a brokerage fee, but then chat filters could be used to prevent WTS posts spamming in regular channels making players use the AH, the Brokers, or talking in private message to organize such deals

One thing I liked about SWTOR it forced all players into one "hangout". That is great for a business. All your customers are in one location with easy access to an auction portal that lists all the items that are for sale everywhere. I loved that system as a seller and as a customer.

Jump to UO and now all the players have several locations to mingle. Eventually players start to gather in one or two major locations to do business. Personal vendor shops are located basically everywhere but the more frequented ones are near moongates and close to towns. Players are seen gating customers to their shops or dropping runes for others to get there recalling. Even out of the way locations were fairly accessible. You could still run a fairly decent business but luckily some third party programs popped up that tried to simplify things to one location. I used UO Auctions for this. Unfortunately that requires people separate from the devs and you can run a risk using it. The nice thing was there wasn't a surcharge and auctions are a good way to make your most money for an item. Still it wasn't used by every player in the game.

Now here we will have to travel to shops physically and move our goods to the location we wish to sell them from where we made them. I'm hoping we at least can get npc vendors or a npc auction portal in the city where we do business. Hopefully at a reasonable enough overhead charge to make it even worth vendoring. Otherwise connecting with customers will be time consuming to the point I'm thinking only those with the most determination will even be crafters. I expect it will be most will just develop crafters to craft what they need personally. You can have enough characters on your account to do this if you put in enough time to develop those characters to craft everything. Since the only drops for loot will be materials for crafting there really won't be anything to sell that others can't make themselves. There are always those lazy players or those who just don't like to craft, but I expect the serious players will do their own.

@GamerSeuss said in Coinage and Monster Gold Loot:

As to WTS Spam, if they make a specific chat channel for WTS posts, and filter them out of the main chat altogether, that covers the WTS spam.

I played too many MMOs, most had WTS channels and AH with fees.

Reality is unfortunatela that players that want to avoid loosing cash even when their sale fails, use both WTS channel and all other available channels to spam.

Solution might be to only take AH cut if sale is actually sucessful and forfeit fee if sale doesnt happen.

AH post canceling after someone has already posted a bid should be disabled to prevent people puting low starting bid and then canceling their posts when they arent happy with size of the bid in the end.

Biggest problem for players is repeatedly posting same item on AH and then continually losing money because noone bought it.

@Gothix said in Coinage and Monster Gold Loot:

ers is repeatedly posting same item on AH and then continually losing money becau

Taxes should only be taken out at the end of the sale, and be based upon the amount the item actually sold for, I believe.

So, if the item doesn't sell, then no tax would be applied.

• @Ostaff said in Coinage and Monster Gold Loot:

Taxes should only be taken out at the end of the sale, and be based upon the amount the item actually sold for,

Yep, this. If you do it as Gothix said, people will try to play the market by putting ridiculous prices on less common stuff that are not actually valuable and hope they sell. In Albion, me and some friends used to buy in bulk all the low demand but rare items (as the first monthly mounts) and then put them again on the AH on 3x price (which would be now the minimum price and it looked like they were in demand). With AH taxes, people can still play the market, but instead of going the absurdly overpriced route, they'd pick something more reasonable to ensure the items actually sell.

Of course that ultimately there will only be a few central markets (located near the inter-planetary gates) and some small ones (located near popular farming areas), but unlike what some claim here I have absolutely no doubt people will prefer AH to trading channel in the vast majority of the time. The only time when this doesn't apply is when you have a very hard to sell and terribly expensive item.

could the city be a higher coin sink than the AH?

posting AH fees are there to prevent, in some cases, spam post. without a fee then someone can post 100k single stack items. now if it merges all similar prices together like an exchange then that might solve one problem.

Are taxes collected from sales going to go to the city treasury? If so how about allowing the city to set their tax rates.

@Farlander

The auction house will probably be similar to the docks system that was shown in the video. There will be a set tax that the game will take, and then their will be a city tax that the city will take. So, each item in essence will be double taxed. If they removed the game tax completely, then they would in essence be removing a major cash sink from the game which in turn will inflate everything. So I am quite sure they will keep the game tax in the equation.

@Ostaff hope cities will get a cut on every sale (like harbors)

@Ostaff I'm wondering are the auctions listing fees or sales fees? There is a difference. If there is a listing fee the auctions might be deserted because there is no guarantee your item will sell but there is a guarantee your gold will be stolen by the game.

@Farlander

They may have a listing fee, but I would think that they would instead lean toward only having a double tax system. One for the game, and one for the city, upon the sell of an item. At least, this method makes the most sense to me.

• The more visited towns will generate a lot of money from crafting facilities anyway, so I don't think they should also have a marketplace fee that goes to the treasury as well since it will create too big of an economy boost compared to less visited towns.

I really dislike listing fees.

I would like more if there was no listing fees, but only tax when item actually sells.

I would completely disable post canceling if someone has already placed a bid, and would add a fee for post canceling if noone placed a bid yet, this would prevent, post-canceling abuse.

To prevent placing 100s of single stack items, I would add listing CAP, a maximum number of listings one player can have.

That fixes everything, and still avoids having listing fees.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured