February 2020 Playtest Review

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Shadowkhan you use the knowledgepoints (kp) to unlock the new skills you found

• TF#3 - ENVOY

So what can i said about test and game: I'm COMFUSED. Status of game in a terrible state? And main question is "why people should play in it?". From all aspects of game I didn't find anything positive.
    Fight system:
    "Bait" anemies is very uncomfortable becouse code of fighting is bad(command response is slowed down (problem is not in ping)).
    Skills added to the game have no interesting mechanics.
    Figh without "bait" (using magic or bow) is unreal boring. Bear have 2600 HP i deal about 22-30 dammage by dagger. Now question : How many times i should strike Bear to kill it? How much time it will spend? (borrrrrrrring)
    To get new spell you need kill beasts X times (is someone tells about NO grind?)
    World:
    Greate EMPY world. Nothing more....
    I spent several hourse to find somthing interesting on map but nothing found.
    Knowledge system:
    "As you may know already from our homepage, progression on Fractured is neither level-based nor skill-based, and strongly rejects grinding in any form"
    "
    Find, interact with, or kill specific creatures.
    Kill some specific creatures in a unique way.
    Find, collect or refine some amount of a specific resource.
    Consume X units of a specific item.
    Be hit X times by a specific spell.
    Perform a specific combat action X times.
    Explore one or more world locations.
    Rest in a specific location.
    Craft X units of a specific item.
    Die in a specific way."

Someone please explain why this is not a grind???
    as i saw on test it's VERY BORED grind.

I know what many of you will say - it's just Alpha. If it's not interesting now, will it be interesting in future? Better do somthig small but interesting, and step by step made it larger, than create somthing big but from bad components and try somhow improve it.

the test was great
    of course there were some interesting bugs but its nice to see where the game goes

you guys did an amazing job till now ❤

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

The game was crashing for me every time I tried to play it, so I still don't know how it actually looks or feels like...

@Shadowkhan said in February 2020 Playtest Review:

(...)And main question is "why people should play in it?"(...)

Right now, there is no game to play, but an Alpha to test. That's why QA is normally a paid job. But players often want an 'early look' and this specific test was simply about numbers, namely, how many players can the server handle without issues.

(...)code of fighting is bad(command response is slowed down (problem is not in ping))

I'm sorry, I have no clue what you mean, could you elaborate?

(...)mechanics(...)

You might want to create a separate posting with your feedback, where it won't derail the thread.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Very much enjoyed the test, obviously lots of work to be done but I'm very impressed with the core mechanics and the feel of the game.

I'm sure something along these lines is planned but it would be nice to be able to mark your map for points of interest. Maybe even being able to share locations or sell them in item form for people to mark?

I hope you intend to keep NPCs (friendly ones / towns etc) to a minimum or non-existent. Player driven economies really can be fantastic.

Look forward to the next test keep up the good work.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Didn't know about the game before this test and I have to say I was surprised to learn it's an Italian team!
    I can see the potential and I'm looking forward to play the released version.

Bravi ragazzi!

Looks like a successful test!

• Wiki Editor

I know what many of you will say - it's just Alpha.

Nope, we would say "It is an Alpha and we got exactly what we expected from an Alpha." 😉
    I think you expected other things, an almost finished game maybe?
    But thats not for what an Alpha is made. Just to say.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Kralith Nope. I was on several alpha tests in different games. And I saw a main concept of game (idea) but here I see just empty page. If It's enough for you and you ready pay for it - Good luck.
    @Logain
    If here is so many happy people I don't see reason describe wich problev, from my opinion, i see in game's mechanic.

• Wiki Editor

@Kralith Nope. I was on several alpha tests in different games. And I saw a main concept of game (idea) but here I see just empty page. If It's enough for you and you ready pay for it - Good luck.

Did you ever read the Design Journals?
    I did... and yes, i was ready to support the game at kickstarter. That was the time we not even had something to step in, game wise. I don't wish myself good luck, i wish it to the developers, to be able to stand all things that hit and get their vision of the game to a real working one.
    I do not know which Alphas you played and with which game you compare it.
    In my opinion, they do every test a step more to get the features in they promised.
    I do not get, what they do wrong in your opinion, i see them totally on the way of their design concept.
    And i know, we will get way more living world, once we get town features and all areas, continents and Planets are made by the graphic team.

(...)If here is so many happy people I don't see reason describe wich problev, from my opinion, i see in game's mechanic.

While the games target audience is certainly not mainstream, there's no harm in providing your feedback? I think your main confusion comes from Fractureds concept of horizontal progression, but without more details (which would derail this thread and hence should be voice where they are supposed to be), that is hard to tell.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

i was looking for a free landplot for 5 real time hours with hard fps drop in some areas, and then, when i finally found a landplot and started to build my house, my handcart full of stone blocks stuck.... i uninstalled after this

Once again I see many get the wrong idea of what "Alpha" test is and should be.

This has been a problem over the last several years due to many companies exploiting the Alpha name to milk money early.

I have told people that this is a true Alpha in the sense there is no game to play, and is mainly testing certain features.
    Many of us do this so we can see early builds.

The "Fun" is irrelevant in Alpha as many of the current items/designs will change over time.

The instant decision to uninstall or quit when something seems bugged or annoying is a side effect of the earlier exploit of Alpha testing as mentioned above.

I don't know if there is a way to remedy these reactions, except maybe to advise that this is a true Alpha and not the common use of the name?

@Shadowkhan When you kill enough of a monster you gain knowledge of the skills they have to actually use said skill you lay beside a fire place or furnace and unlock the skill ( don't forget to equip said spell as well ) You gain knowledge from discovering new things from plants too beast . Later on i think youll be able to get skills from a variety of different ways not just deafeating monsters

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Jimbolini Could you explein my please: What is Alpha test and witch game's mechanics should or can be tested on it?

• Wiki Editor

@Shadowkhan
    An Alpha test is for testing each corefeature, one after another.
    With time you will get more and more features in it, if the others you tested already worked.
    At the start of the Alpha, we had rarely bears, deers, wolfs, foxes and rabbits. And just a handful skills.
    Hey, but we could build houses and pick up some plants, where the most had no use.
    Just to say, the Alpha is made to test the corefeatures.
    Even if they come supposedly random or get taken away later again, if they don't work.

We have so many things that will come in later tests.
    Next test we will get first NPC Towns as Starter Towns and the plots you will not be able to just to take, they will cost something.
    Also first Guild Features will be in the test. And new Monsters.

Also upcoming in later tests are own towns, trading, alignment system, following a full PVP system, biome conditions (hot, cold), all 3 Races and its Planets... and more and more.

Fractured is a true Alpha and not an Early Access.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Jimbolini @Kralith https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/10142/my-opinion-about-stage-of-gamedev
    I just was expecting to see at least one working component of the game on the public alpha test

did i miss something? every component of the test worked for me 🤔

@Shivashanti said in February 2020 Playtest Review:

did i miss something? every component of the test worked for me 🤔

Exactly.

Every thing I tested worked better than the test before.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured