I want a new MMO to play and saw a review on this game.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

This post is going to seem mostly negative because I want to address specific negatives I have looking at this game. I don't have anything positive to say about the game because I literally have no information about the game.

My qualm about backing this game is how the kickstarter is specifically setup.

In the Kickstarter itself there are 'goals' that have been reached which have absolutely NO reason to be a goal. They're adding in 'content' based on how much we pay? Is this a poor translation or am I really seeing that our next goal is going to add content in. What is the passion here? Are the devs looking for a cashgrab or am I completely misunderstanding updates on this game?

" 110k Euros - Labyrinth "
    " 130k Euros - Labyrinth 2 "

Was there no intention of putting Labyrinth 2 in the game without an additional 20k? Are we customizing the game rather than having dedicated devs that just want to make a good game? (Obviously the devs are going to short answer this and just say " no no no we would never do that, blah blah blah blah we spent 20k on 240p textures")

1. WHAT BUSINESS MODEL DOES FRACTURED FOLLOW?
      Fractured follows a “buy to play” business model. This means that a single initial purchase gives you permanent access to the game, without any content restriction!

On top of that, the game features an Item Store selling cosmetic perks and an optional VIP membership.

I have been tricked many many many times with 'pledge' games. Why is this game better than Albion? A game I do not play anymore for various reasons. I'm seeing a bunch of things about funding the game, but I have little-to-no information about anything about the game that would even prompt me to care about the 'progress'.

How is this game different from Albion
    Is there a 'skill tree' or is it a 'mastery tree' like Albion
    Is the game going to get fucked by the devs 'balancing' the mastery tree people spend months on to get a specialization in a specific thing and all of a sudden a character is worthless? Or is there going to be Skill Tree like ArcheAge where you could switch between skill sets and become a hybrid of something and players determining the meta builds instead?

• They're adding in 'content' based on how much we pay?

Yeah, that's how development works. Everything added has a cost associated with it. All the kickstarter goals are extras that aren't integral to the game.

There's a talent tree but it doesn't seem to be as deep as Albion's.

Is the game going to get fucked by the devs 'balancing' the mastery tree people spend months on to get a specialization in a specific thing and all of a sudden a character is worthless? Or is there going to be Skill Tree like ArcheAge where you could switch between skill sets and become a hybrid of something and players determining the meta builds instead?

Fractured's character building is almost completely horizontal. There are 400 skills each with 3 variations and you have to pick 8 to put on your skill bar. The attributes that you set at character creation determine the strength of each skill, and the talent tree is meant to complement the skills you choose. Every time your character rests, you can respec everything but your attributes.

With the crazy amount of freedom we have with builds, there will likely be frequent balancing as OP builds pop up that the devs didn't predict, but that shouldn't be much of a problem with how easy it is to respec.

Look up the spotlights in the news section for more info on the game. Here are the ones relevant to character building: Races, knowledge system, skills, and attributes

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@shillver said in I want a new MMO to play and saw a review on this game.:

I literally have no information about the game.

https://fracturedmmo.com/news/

There is literally 8 pages of article links in the news section, with loads of information about the game.

@shillver

the game because I literally have no information about the game.

Information quite a lot, many things to tell on the stream. On the forum we have a topic dedicated to all the information received on the stream. (You will find links to them at this link)

My qualm about backing this game is how the kickstarter is specifically setup.

In the Kickstarter itself there are 'goals' that have been reached which have absolutely NO reason to be a goal. They're adding in 'content' based on how much we pay? Is this a poor translation or am I really seeing that our next goal is going to add content in. What is the passion here? Are the devs looking for a cashgrab or am I completely misunderstanding updates on this game?

1. these goals were made to disperse the forces of developers, thus they wanted to make it clear to players that they will not engage in those goals specified in the "money levels" until this amount is collected.
    2. Studio new they have little experience, if we load them with all the work at once, the game will not be something that is poor, and even unplayable
    3. these purposes we have left and after the kickstarter
      0_1546503406348_34f258bf-74e0-4fa8-8980-b0a4d189bb59-image.png
      The main awards for kickstarter were considered awards for the number of "subscribers". This system has motivated players to invest at least 5 euros, but it's not just.
      The Studio has big plans and they need new employees, which is why they put the amount of 100,000 Euros.

Was there no intention of putting Labyrinth 2 in the game without an additional 20k? Are we customizing the game rather than having dedicated devs that just want to make a good game? (Obviously the devs are going to short answer this and just say " no no no we would never do that, blah blah blah blah we spent 20k on 240p textures")

Oh, and you probably have not seen the maze 3, let's rip the ass
    0_1546503982553_72f047e2-ec27-42ac-8030-a9d5ea64d3f3-image.png
    mmm that is, immediately after 1 of the maze there is a NEW SUBRACE WHICH MUST be SET to 0, AND AFTER 2 of the MAZE IS the CUSTOMIZATION of your CHARACTER!
    Do you have any idea how important and difficult these things are????
    0_1546503846671_c0d872e1-a80f-499f-9aab-051aa6fcfba2-image.png

I have been tricked many many many times with 'pledge' games. Why is this game better than Albion? A game I do not play anymore for various reasons. I'm seeing a bunch of things about funding the game, but I have little-to-no information about anything about the game that would even prompt me to care about the 'progress'.

Wait, why does every game a priori have to be better than another? We were told that Albion will be the MAIN competitor. Unlike him, you CAN PLAY SOLO.

Hi denispeda-since I know Albion myself very well, I can give you an answer as dev. The most important things I can outline:
    Fractured features ARPG combat, which is quite different from Albion's Dota-like style.
    Progress is horizontal and sees no grind thanks to the Knowledge System, while Albion progress is very vertical (with resources, items and everything divided in tiers) and progress requires repeating the same action over an over for a long, long time.
    The way PvP is managed is very different - on Albion, by level (low level: green, high level: red). On Fractured, by race and planet. In fact, the whole concept of races and worlds doesn't exist in Albion.
    Interactions with the environment being very important in combat are also missing from Albion.
    We have one massive open world, it's not divided in regions.
    ...and there's a lot more I could mention. Even the graphic style is different. So like... Yeah, it's very different

Don't you care about finances? In the GAME there is NO LALBEKOV, BALANCE DON't B2W, only paid skins. THAT'S PERFECT!

How is this game different from Albion

Don't want to fight, but fly to read!
    Knowledge System+(RUS, ITA, DE, FRA )

1. YOU WILL HAVE ALL AVAILABLE SKILLS FOR LEARNING
    2. ALL THE SKILLS ARE EQUIVALENT, THERE IS NO BEST, ONLY MECHANICS WILL CHANGE
    3. ANY SKILL YOU CAN GET 3 QUEST , AS SOON AS THE SYSTEM OF KNOWLEDGE WILL COME, AND LIKELY WILL BE A WEBSITE WITH ALL THE PROPERTIES OF SKILLS, QUESTS AND SO ON SO THE PLAYER WILL KNOW THAT DOING A QUEST

In General, just go away DOLBOYOB
    alt text

YOUR TEXT IS SO BRILLIANT THAT MY EYES TWITCHES

• Wiki Editor

I don't have anything positive to say about the game because I literally have no information about the game.

As the others said, there are tons of informations about the Game Vision, and i suggest you really to read all the news and watch the available videos and Q&As, before you start to say mostly negatives and you have nothing to say positives, because you have absolutely no clue about the game.
    It is a bit as if you see a red book that you never was reading and say about "hey i was reading a green book and it was crap, so the red book must be crap too, because it is a book".

Maybe your objections are true, maybe not, but i don't want to discuss about it with you, as long you not got at least a bit clue about what you talk.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@kralith If I go to any website for any game, I can pretty much navigate and figure out what this game is about. This website does not provide that. Finding information about the game should be in the 'about' not 'news' the 'about' portion of this website tells me absolutely nothing about the game. There are no worth-while videos to watch about this game. I can't be expected to listen to 12 hours of a guy(the dev) talking into a camera without a script diddling about like he doesn't know what the fuck he is going to say next.

The wiki is non-existent for mechanics
    The About -> Company is barebones with no reputable sources or projects ever made
    The FAQ is completely demoralizing by 'promising' things that it isn't going to be(P2W)
    Both of the Gameplay videos look like ass and show off nothing unique and lack any creativity
    The screenshots showcase very rustic graphics, like really rustic, like 2006 games graphics. And- I don't usually care for graphics, I'll play 07Scape because it's a good game and the graphics match what I'm doing. But it's a big yikes from me when the game is looking to be a competitor with another game when it's 10 years in the past.

It looks like the ONLY thing that has any attention to it is the Leaderboards aka who spent the most money on a product that isn't even in Alpha yet. 5 Sections for something irrelevant. Got time to make leaderboards for donators but not successfully showcase the game. If you're actually serious as a company or dev, you can't be lazy. I have given so many games a try just because of 1 thing only: It looked like the devs were dedicated. 7 Days to Die? Atleast they're trying. Terraria? Dedicated devs producing content atleast 4 times a year. Battlerite? Dedicated devs. I spent the last 2 days determining whether or not I want to even join the alpha at all after finally finding the information I need to form an opinion- which granted, I shouldn't even of done, complete waste of time on my part- I shouldn't have to do massive research for what looks to be a $20 game. And just by doing so I've learned how this game is going to completely flop- because there are people out there with less time than me to go through the bullshit hoops to find out any mechanics of this game. Deleting this account/pw from my chrome history and moving on. Last post. Maybe I'll try the game when it's out and the devs start taking shit seriously.

@shillver
    i've never seen the about section being about the game but it's usually there for the people behind the company.

news is where the game information is unless there's a media section.
    the game is in pre-alpha and mechanics can/will change (not to mention a huge NDA to access to the test).
    leaderboards have nothing to do with how much you spend. the Foundation is how active you are on the forums (unless you just post in the daily post thread).

If I go to any website for any game, I can pretty much navigate and figure out what this game is about. This website does not provide that.

I agree that on websites of other games you can find a lot of information "easier", but this game is currently in Pre - Alpha, nobody could care less about how the site is set up for the moment. When you go to it you get a very basic overview and you can then read more in the news section, which should not be hard to find once you realize there is not much else.

hm? The wiki is not really a thing yet, because it is community made, but the game does not have players which are allowed to say / publish anything about the game yet.

The About -> Company is barebones with no reputable sources or projects ever made

Maybe because this company was created just for this game? 👀

The FAQ is completely demoralizing by 'promising' things that it isn't going to be(P2W)

In my opinion the FAQ holds every information you might ask a game about which is in it´s early stages.
    Well, I guess a "timeline" somwhere would not hurt, but other than that.

Both of the Gameplay videos look like ass and show off nothing unique and lack any creativity

Well because they are only there to show the very basics of the game 👀
    This game just startet out, what do you expect?

The screenshots showcase very rustic graphics, like really rustic, like 2006 games graphics. And- I don't usually care for graphics, I'll play 07Scape because it's a good game and the graphics match what I'm doing. But it's a big yikes from me when the game is looking to be a competitor with another game when it's 10 years in the past.

Well it´s a sandbox mmorpg created with Unity, all I expected where similar grafics as Albion Online, and we got that. Exceptional grafics is not what this game is about.

It looks like the ONLY thing that has any attention to it is the Leaderboards aka who spent the most money on a product that isn't even in Alpha yet.

Like @Jetah said... The Foundation is a system which rewards people who support the game, not through money, but with time and invenstment.

If you're actually serious as a company or dev, you can't be lazy

So... just because the website is not setup the way you would like it to be, the wiki is "not complete" and there are not any gameplay videos about a game that is in Pre - Alpha where the players have singed an NDA and the devs dedicate their time to make the game more enjoyable for peope in the Pre - Alpha / Alpha instead of needlessly investing into things which can be attended at a later date you think they are lazy / this game won´t turn out good? interesting 🤔

I shouldn't have to do massive research for what looks to be a $20 game. And just by doing so I've learned how this game is going to completely flop- because there are people out there with less time than me to go through the bullshit hoops to find out any mechanics of this game.

Well if you don´t even have time to read some parts of the News... what do you expect? A complete explanation of a game in one hour? What a shallow game would that be?

For me... for a game that is still in development, I am amazed at how much News (information about the game / where the game is heading) there are, which are much easier to find, than some other games which might even already be in beta.

• Wiki Editor

@kralith If I go to any website for any game, I can pretty much navigate and figure out what this game is about.
    This website does not provide that. Finding information about the game should be in the 'about' not 'news' the 'about' portion of this website tells me absolutely nothing about the game.

Okay, it bothers you to click a section thats called "News", because you want this informations in "About".
    Maybe you are right, that the 7 Spotlights and 2 Video-Teaser could be placed into an own section.
    That can be a suggestion to the Devs, but not how you comes by and criticize it.
    If i go to many other websites for games, there are in this state of a game way less informations. I don't know which gaming pages you point out, but i think we are on totally different pages to look at.

There are no worth-while videos to watch about this game.
    I can't be expected to listen to 12 hours of a guy(the dev) talking into a camera without a script diddling about like he doesn't know what the fuck he is going to say next.

If you are interested into the game, then the videos are indeed intersting for you.
    You seems not to be that interested, otherwise you would not complain about this point.
    In a state of a game, that we have right now, i don't want to see the totally cool absolute amazing ingame footage, i want to know by Devs, what they want to do and what's about their vision.
    Beside this, the Teaser shows ingame footages and the Q&A Videos are just a talking guy, because he is answering our questions that we posted in forum and that was asked live while the stream.
    What you expect more for now?

As said by the others, the Wiki can't have any informations right now, because the only people who are able to be ingame right now are under NDA.

Said too, the company is a small Studio, thats made for Fractured.
    And the Guys who made this have indeed some Rep, but maybe not that Rep you was expecting.
    They are not an AAA Studio, nor the guys have worked at big AAA Studios. Cause enough for you to say "thats Crap"?
    I feel sad for every gamer who think just the big player are the good ones that you can support and deny any Diversity in this case.

Can you specify this? Because i think i was reading other FAQ's than you.
    I think the FAQ's are quite good, just what @Eurav mentioned, there could be a timeline or at least the link to the Developement Roadmap.

The screenshots showcase very rustic graphics, like really rustic, like 2006 games graphics. And- I don't usually care for graphics,
    I'll play 07Scape because it's a good game and the graphics match what I'm doing.
    But it's a big yikes from me when the game is looking to be a competitor with another game when it's 10 years in the past.

For first, the look of the game is not the thing what makes the idea of Fractured unique.
    And i don't agree, that there is any lack of creativity. But i think thats a kind of own taste.
    For me an game in 2019 doesn't need a super graphic if it has a super gameplay.
    And i am expecting for Fractured a great gameplay.
    Beside this i like the graphical talent of Michele Sunti.

It looks like the ONLY thing that has any attention to it is the Leaderboards aka who spent the most money on a product that isn't even in Alpha yet.
    5 Sections for something irrelevant. Got time to make leaderboards for donators but not successfully showcase the game.

Totally wrong, the Leaderboard is not about Money or Donators, it has absolutely nothing to do with any bought package.
    The Leaderboard is a list of people who are active in the community since long time, some of them from start of the webpage in 2017.
    These people are highly committed to the gaming vision. These people see the potential of the game.
    And the Leaderboard&Foundation was there from beginning, so your conclusion about spending time into such instead of showcasing is wrong.
    There will be for sure people who pledged the game, but there are also people who did not buy any pack yet for different reasons.

If you're actually serious as a company or dev, you can't be lazy.

How the hell you know, they are lazy?
    You came by and just figured it out for what reason?

I have given so many games a try just because of 1 thing only: It looked like the devs were dedicated.
    7 Days to Die? Atleast they're trying.
    Terraria? Dedicated devs producing content atleast 4 times a year.
    Battlerite? Dedicated devs.
    I spent the last 2 days determining whether or not I want to even join the alpha at all after finally finding the information I need to form an opinion- which granted,
    I shouldn't even of done, complete waste of time on my part-
    I shouldn't have to do massive research for what looks to be a $20 game.
    And just by doing so I've learned how this game is going to completely flop- because there are people out there with less time than me to go through the bullshit hoops to find out any mechanics of this game.
    Deleting this account/pw from my chrome history and moving on. Last post. Maybe I'll try the game when it's out and the devs start taking shit seriously.

Wow, so much hate against a game that is not even in Alpha.
    My serious question to you is, why the hell you spread your word here, if you don't like the game, the idea or the kind how the Devs handle it?
    In your case i would watch the Page, decide if i want to dive in more, if not, i am just silently going further.
    There are so many games out there, if you like them more, invest your time there.
    It is not a nice behaviour to walk by a house and shit in it's garden, just because you want to say
    "Hey i don't like your red door, but i don't care what is behind, i just wanted to tell you, your red door is shitty as hell and now i say bye. Maybe i am returning later to tell you again, that i don't like your red door."

@eurav @Kralith Calm down, just doesn't understand HOW things work IN the PRODUCTION GAME
    If he can not understand the instinctively understandable site, then he has a big problem

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I'm pretty sure @Shillver was trolling. If not, his posts are very.....sad.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured