Ranking against total population

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I would be interest to know what other people think about asking if your rank could to be expressed against the running total population? My thoughts are that if it was possible, it would give increased meaning to us lesser mortal lower down the evolutionary ladder: seeing that I am ranked 4080 out of a theoretical 40,000, or whatever the population currently was, would help put things into greater perspective for us lowly minions ?
    It would also be an clearly visible track of the population growth for everyone to quickly see and in a very logical place.
    Comments welcome.

I don´t really care, because as for me when I came here I did all the quests I could on the first day (with opening all the news and sharing them on twitter and fb), which get´s you to lv 50 and top ~1k (somewhere around there) I think. Then I checked out the forum and all posts I seemed to find were mostly 3 or 10 months old, so I was only wondering if anyone is even still active here lol.

Also The Foundation is only for you, the ranking won´t matter at all from now on (I think ?!?), it´s only to give benefits to you for supporting and sharing the game.

Then there is also the thing with fake accounts and stuff...

I don´t need it, but what you say makes sense, if the devs have time for it (which they currently don´t lul), I am not against seeing it implemented 😉

@eurav...... hmmm, you make some very valid points, I have noticed many of the thread are either old, or tend to be rather trivial in nature: I suppose it is a symptom of accumulating points from posts, even to say hello and probably what most watchers are thinking about my own submissions, lol. You are right of course, the dev's won't have time and there is no real incentive to justify the allocation of such a valuable resource to such matters........ I keep forgetting that unlike the forum itself, the foundation is primarily a vehicle for pre- play interaction and may become somewhat redundant on release etc.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. Cheers.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Yeah, trivial posts are common. As to the other part of this, for some there might be points of interest. However, I see that as something that is just a little extra work thrown at the studio for a soon-to-be-ending system (as they noted that the foundation would be going down at some point here near the end of the year) unless something has changed.

After all, the focus will be on alpha and beta coming up, which ideally will generate their own excitement.

I concur that the entire focus of the developers should be (and likely is) on developing the game right now. As for most topics being old, there is only so much you can discuss about a game that isn't released yet. Too much is speculation, too much subject to change, too much to be tested before commented on.

i have a feeling they'll keep the Foundation into release and then change it. I do enjoy the idea of being active on the forums to get cosmetics, which a forum ban would greatly hurt people if they are toxic and want to collect things. But I also hate the Reddit and other 3rd party platforms will be void of post.

• Community Manager

@jairone The Foundation isn't going to end in 2018. No decision has been made yet, but it will probably end by the time alpha 1 starts. It's hard to say right now.

@eurav we still chat its just that alot of important questions have already been asked and answered when more news comes out we shall speak

Yeah, like @dj35 said. It's not that we are less interested, it's just that most issues have already been covered by topics, and discussed a lot.

We are all waiting for more info to be revealed so we have new subjects to discuss. 🙂

Also xmas holidays starting, which will also have an effect on forum activity.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@logain the foundation program is a useful way of integrating an interested userbase into your advertising campaign, which while not explicitly creating content in game it helps provide players and money which go into the content. not saying the current system is perfect, but improvements that go both towards increasing awareness of the game and benefiting those hungry for the game that are putting in effort to assist with player draw are an undeniable net good for the game itself, while not really having significant impacts on the game core development timeline.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Well if you're on title #2 and you're at 4080 that would mean the population count so far is pretty low I'd say. TF#2-Messenger isn't hard to get, so basically there isn't that many players. Obviously, when the game enters closed beta more news/vids will be out there and attract more people. That being said, I'm glad I completed the foundation levels.

Always wondered what the cap level would be, I guess we are already at the cap.

@gothix

Yes, I've noticed it's really quieted down. Maybe everyone else is playing pre-alpha. 🙂

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/users

I'd say we have about 20k accounts in total.

@troismurs said in Ranking against total population:

(...)it helps provide players and money(...)

I'd dare to argue that there is a potential benefit to this, but limited.
    Whereas there is a far greater potential in being able to reveal more, visual appealing, content (gameplay videos), which requires a lot of effort and manpower.
    Or in other terms, it gets you a lot more players to show progress on developing the game then having a decent foundation-leaderboard.

• @logan we need our analyst @Agracore to say that 😛

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@logain said in Ranking against total population:

@troismurs said in Ranking against total population:

(...)it helps provide players and money(...)

I'd dare to argue that there is a potential benefit to this, but limited.
    Whereas there is a far greater potential in being able to reveal more, visual appealing, content (gameplay videos), which requires a lot of effort and manpower.
    Or in other terms, it gets you a lot more players to show progress on developing the game then having a decent foundation-leaderboard.

To look at the issue from another point of view: the Foundation incentivizes future players to keep the community going and to have the game in mind before there's any actual content for most people to engage.

In other words, it helps the community to form earlier, and keeps the game from being forgotten. Once a game becomes playable (and the content drip is not too slow) usually both issues take care of themselves, which makes the Foundation:

1. superfluous (no amount of rewards can save you if you don't have the stuff),
    2. potentially harmful (you can't keep giving away premium items and premium currency forever without them losing their value and impact),
    3. I have a third thing on the back of my mind, but I'm too sauna'd to actually express it (shame on me).

@dragomok
    yep, the foundation is here solely to boost a body of people that will buy supporter packs.

when people want to kickstart their creation it's so much better to do that when you have a few thousand users that can be tossed at your store or at a crowdfunded website.

@logan thanks for the link.: at least that clears up one unknown on total pop as I can now say with conviction that at the time of writing this I am ranked 3918 out of 19,963 [(831 x 24) + 19] if you count Prometheus etc.
    So I'm not going to hold my breath for a pre-alpha key.
    And as to all those who also replied. thanks for engaging and I do agree that game development is far more pressing than work on the foundation, but I did like the idea.

@thwunk
    be active or at least do all the quest you can and at a minimum post on the daily post thread.

I'll also say your real chance of getting a key is 50%. either you will or wont.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured