Custom Buildings?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Thinking out loud here: from the things I've been reading on the website and whatnot, (correct me if I'm wrong), but things like houses, town halls, and general buildings are going to be predefined recipes that one utilising to build those buildings in a town. Would there be an option for buildings which could be designed as one wanted, with things like the number of storeys, the room it takes up, the possibility of a basement etc?

It is very possible that I have simply missed the blindingly obvious bit in the news or the forums where this is stated, and if this is the case just let me know.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Idk if it'll be an option (maybe for personal homes/residents only or something), but I certainly hope there's some freedom to customize buildings! Considering how significant town building is in this game, I suspect there will be at least some flexibility. fingers crossed Here's hoping!

• If I recall correctly, they said that buildings will be fully pre-designed according to their blueprints for the alpha tests, but if they have the development resources for it, they might make a modular system in the future.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@target This is what I remember, too - though, furniture, and possibly furniture placement, may be more free form.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

A modular system would definitely be good - city building is such a big part of this game after all, and having every town just being a different arrangement of prefabbed buildings would be dull, and ultimately an immersion breaker.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I would guess that houses will remain fixed and tied to blueprints, but interior might be modular. Players could get to decorate interior with a bit more freedom.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I think they can put various forms of buildings and not only a predefine square one. Example : Various rectangle, T, U and L shaped form, diferent size too.

The materials needed to build depend on how many square units you have to build.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I hope they will allow you to design your home layout. Setting up walls as you like it, putting doors in places you want to and even creating hidden rooms 🙂

It would be also great if a governor could plan a city layout. Point where should the streets go and where are the different districts.

@dybuk said in Custom Buildings?:

It would be also great if a governor could plan a city layout. Point where should the streets go and where are the different districts.

Yes, this is something a Governor has to do, or I think can put somebody else to do.

@dybuk said in Custom Buildings?:

I hope they will allow you to design your home layout. Setting up walls as you like it, putting doors in places you want to and even creating hidden rooms

Sadly as far as I know house "recipes" are predefined and apart from the material you choose to build it with, can´t be changed. But I assume there will be some different ones and also some to buy from the Cash Shop.
    You can place furniture inside your house as you want to though!

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

The last time I asked, they said very clearly there were no plans to allow buildings to have anything underneath ground level - no basements, etc.

Building customization is cool, especially when it's functional and not simply decorative. 🙂

I get that this game is focusing on different mechanics, though.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

The differences between custom buildings are big as well, with some being very minimal in terms of actually being able to make things that are really creative. My favorite systems involve things like real physics for the pieces, along with the ability to move columns and such with fine positioning to create your own designs more fully.

The more common system is based on blocks, with set positioning. Which works, but just isn't as much fun for those who really want to create something truly custom. It is, however, easier for more people to create their own places.

I don't believe this is a huge focus here atm, but who knows. Eventually, maybe, we will get something like this added in.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured