The Fractured Pre-Alpha Is Coming!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I'm also in the Top 100, and didn't get an invite. I've been active almost every day for a year, and did not get a first wave invite. Do I mind? Not in the slightest. I will get into the Pre-Alpha at some point.

I know exactly why I'm not in the first wave.

I'm not that technical in my analysis of the game and it's mechanics. I think that's the simple answer and I firmly believe it to be correct. The first 12 that came into the game would have been some of the most active, yes, but that means diddly squat. What would be the point of letting the Top 12 in if they have nothing constructive to add? Sure, they might have. I'm not taking that away.

But consider this: These 12 people need to be able to enter the game, look at the technically broken parts and mechanics, and deliver feedback in such a way that DS would be able to look at the core of the game's performance and mechanics and fix the worst ones for when the rest of the players get into the Pre-Alpha.

It's hard to test mechanics and game breaking bugs if you can't log into the game, or the lag is so bad you can't even move. The game play we've seen so far had 2 people in it, and possibly it wasn't even online, but a closed private client. So 12 technically savvy people would be able to test the game on the live server and have maximum stability before the rest of us get in.

If you look at some of the posts in the Forum, these guys and girls go into mechanics and stuff that I can't even fathom. That's what an Alpha, and even Beta tester should be. Later tests should be about stability when the core mechanics of the game are fixed to a point where only minor annoyances crop up. I'll be the guy reporting on a glitched tree. They should be the people reporting that: "When casting magic missile, the i-frame on my casting causes player x to be able to hit me with his axe because I can't cancel out of casting fast enough to capitalize on re-casting for my ally to chain into his rock-wall combo." See? I can't technical test for crap.

I don't think it's worded as well as it should be, but what it comes down to is that I'm certain that DS has chosen who they believe will break the game wide open for them to fix it, so that the rest of us will have a better experience overall. Favoritism? I can't think of a single instance where DS has shown they stoop that low. And if they do, they will screw themselves over, which they would not do. Customer Goodwill these days is an extremely valuable asset in gaming, especially for indie studios.

Until proven otherwise and we see what was posted in the Pre-Alpha forum, I am choosing to believe that DS is making choices based on which players would benefit them the most. I'm almost guaranteeing that some of those posts in the Pre-Alpha forum I wouldn't even understand. Also, I'm thinking the first 12 aren't having much of a blast playing. There must be tons of poop hitting the fan. Internal testing and live testing are worlds apart.

I'm not choosing sides or taking anyone on, but until we see otherwise, I think we should refrain from jumping to conclusions. Besides, it's a 2 week difference in timing. Let's rather keep in mind that this is for the game's betterment.

I had done a huge text, but unintentionally I closed the Google Translate page, but basically, those who are in the first wave simply fit the criteria that the developers established and found necessary, this discussion and ridiculous given that in a few days all of the top 100 will be within the pre-alpha. โœŒ

Keeping my nose pressed to the glass.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

More than an invite in pre alpha i would like to see another video with some content and mechanic overview.

• @j4po said in The Fractured Pre-Alpha Is Coming!:

More than an invite in pre alpha i would like to see another video with some content and mechanic overview.

I couldn't agree more. I think the larger spikes of interest come when media like that is released.

• @j4po Yes sharing ideas and concepts even if not fully implemented in the game might work very well to continue the funding of the game as i said before weekly pills was going to release. Unlucky small team have to focus on developement and creating media and videos took really much time, specially if they want to show feautures that are not still fully implemented in the code.. like building\towns\economy ecc

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Yes i know and i think the full effort now is on pre- alpha debugging and alpha-1 january session.

we can just be happy that DS got into the GiP Project so they could invest in a larger team ๐Ÿ™‚

Im waiting for the invitation and getting worried ๐Ÿ˜… I hope it come ! Dai Prometheus che mi sono preso il nuovo pc per giocare a Fractured (Serio)๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm still stoked for this.

Totally stoked

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@PricelessShingle54 Aspettiamo e buca al lupo ! Ma perchรฉ hai preso un nuovo pc per Fractured ?
    @J4po I think will we have some info/video/pills in some time, let them work ๐Ÿ˜„

• TF#3 - ENVOY

ow yeah , finally

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

the pre-alpha section is pretty active o.O

I hope that not only for bug reporting ๐Ÿ˜„

• Wiki Editor

@suruq i guessed some times ago, they probably share nude pics there and pictures about drunken Dynamights ๐Ÿ˜‚

@kralith said in The Fractured Pre-Alpha Is Coming!:

@suruq i guessed some times ago, they probably share nude pics there and pictures about drunken Dynamights ๐Ÿ˜‚

Bear? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Where? ๐Ÿ˜„

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Prometheus Will There Be NDA ? , If Yes Then When it Will Be Lifted ?

if you ask for the pre-alpha
    yes its under NDA disclosure

it will be lifted with the Alpha 1
    with the beginning of alpha 1 we will be allowed to distribute data to the internet so its open for public ๐Ÿ™‚

• Wiki Editor

@omarxz11
    You should read the FAQ ๐Ÿ˜‰

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Lamo i love u

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Will I get acess to the Alpha 1 if i have the Immoratal Pledge pack ?

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured