Social interaction buffs

• Wiki Editor

@therippyone Yes, a real rockstar will get all the hot chicks, so go for it! 😉

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@kralith Yes, get the pretty ones, and play them like [stringed instruments]! XD

but the major point I was focusing on was that Bards ought to auto-generate floor shows as part of their skill set XD

well, no, that wasn't it at all, but I'd kind of love to have the option of getting different floor show effects tied to playing, and more than just the standard lute plinking for what we play, when we play, the same way we can change the color of our sword swings and fireballs. The original thought was more "I don't want every bard to play the exact same song on the exact same instrument every single time" - clearly, this is a very late-stage development thing, and we'll probably only get 3 or 4 single instrument versions of 5 or 6 in-game music trtacks, but it would be nice to have some options and variety.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

i think id enjoy the tavern or music hall type entertainment to get/repair certain attributes. I missed SWG and wouldn't mind trying out a dancer or musician (excluding bard) profession.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Long as it doesn't result in me needing to constantly juggle 50 different buffs in order to remain effective. That would just be annoying.

@genobee
    Clearly it'll be over 100 and they’ll only last for 15 minutes so you have to come back to get your fix!

The buffs could be small like 1-5 points depending on skill rank. There’s no need to make us feel like we need them but they’re nice to have.

But. If they were that minor I might not need to visit the tavern.

@jetah Actually, a +1 to a stat is pretty huge. I expect that the actual bonus is going to be things like "people interact with you as if your Charisma was 3 points higher" for the tavern/music buff - remember, one of the things that charisma does is affect conversation options - so, before you take/cash in a god quest, you go to the bar to get your pretty on to improve the reward XD

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Since it would be buffs and not permanent stat adjustments they would just have to make each one useful but not required. Like a martial arts character could go meditate at a shrine to earn an experience buff for the next half hour that boosts his learning exp for new martial skills. I think this would help balance out against character with high intelligence that can learn faster as well as be effective magically.

@therippyone
    So, this means drunk people perceive others with +50000 charisma?

@jetah sure, just before they go blind and fall over XD - that might also be a thing, now that I think about it - spend too much time in a bar, and you get one of a couple debuffs, possibly risk addiction and "waking up" in some random npc's house, possibly being attacked by said NPC or their SO XD

Debuff is just a random thing, doesn't last too long. Addiction takes a long time to resolve, and you don't get the benefits of hanging at the bar, it just keeps you "stable" for a bit (and maybe makes the addiction worse).

You are entirely on your own with that NPC though. Hope that charisma bonus is still in effect XD

Staggering around drunk as the Witcher was pretty annoying, as I recall... 😛

@therippyone said in Social interaction buffs:

@jetah sure, just before they go blind and fall over XD - that might also be a thing, now that I think about it - spend too much time [drinking] in a bar, and you get one of a couple debuffs, possibly risk addiction and "waking up" in some random npc's house, possibly being attacked by said NPC or their SO XD

Debuff is just a random thing, doesn't last too long. Addiction takes a long time to resolve, and you don't get the benefits of hanging at the bar, it just keeps you "stable" for a bit (and maybe makes the addiction worse).

You are entirely on your own with that NPC though. Hope that charisma bonus is still in effect XD

totally worth it though.... now this is something I'd love to see as a stretch goal.

(and i fixed it)

Examples of temporary bonuses (from social activities) I would like (they would not be too OP, just something minor, and nothing directly affecting PvP efficiency):

• your resting phase (near campsite, in the wilderness) will be 10% quicker (2 hours duration)
    • you can see fire type (X type) monsters on the mini map (2 hours duration)
    • after you are killed, your bag with dropped loot will remain on the ground 20% longer (unless stolen of course) (2 hours duration)

Stuff like that, utility bonuses connected with PvE, not stat increases, and nothing affecting PvP, and nothing too OP.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@gothix I still feel like this would become required for certain types of activities. Needs to be even more minor in my opinion. Otherwise it's going to become something you constantly run back to refresh every half hour or so. That's tedious.

@genobee
    Then those buffs last till death or a few hours, like 8 hours.

I'd prefer stat buffs though because i can't get excited for other things.

@genobee said in Social interaction buffs:

@gothix I still feel like this would become required for certain types of activities. Needs to be even more minor in my opinion. Otherwise it's going to become something you constantly run back to refresh every half hour or so. That's tedious.

Not half hour, because I suggested 2 hours duration. 😉

And, imho, these buffs I wrote aren't OP at all, or really required. Rest phase lasting just tiny bit shorter, or seeing certain type of monsters on your mini map (not main map) so that means in your closer proximity - you would run into those anyway while moving just few meters around... that's imho nothing that would be "required".

I mean, I certainly wouldn't be arsed to travel back to tavern just to refresh those, unless I'm really close to tavern in the first place and it's on my way.

How about different buffs based on the music and/or dancing done? I would love to see some mandatory need to visit a pub/tavern to heal the mental state of players. Maybe as an expansion later on.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured