Enhanced Character Creation

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

I know this is going to be something added much later in the game, but considering i have already discussed Fishing and the Lich Transformation, I figured, "Why not talk about the Character Creation?"

This Topic is to share some of my own ideas while also having a discussion in the comments about what the forum community and others may like to see in the future of Fractured.

My thoughts on what should be added:

• Event/Holiday Clothing/Skins. This is kind of a no-brainer but in my opinion it adds a lot to the feel of a game when it has holiday themed clothing/skins.

• Limited Time Clothing/Skins. Although this is kind of already in the game. I think this is a cool way to show that you were in-game during a special event or you completed something that is no longer available.

• Scars, Color of Skin/Fur, Eye Color, Ect. I know this is probably already planned, but i thought i would put it in here to make sure. 😛

• Stance/Resting Pose. I know this may sound odd but i think its pretty interesting. For an example if your going for a more peaceful PVE experience, you might go for a calm, relaxed pose. While someone who wants a PVP or intense experience might go for a more aggressive, or tough looking stance.

That concludes my ideas for now. If your still looking for a Guild feel free to join: https://fracturedmmo.com/guild-profile/id/2366/

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@rocky said in Enhanced Character Creation:

• Event/Holiday Clothing/Skins.

Fractured should, imho, have own imagined holidays, and not copy Earth holidays. Fractured world is reality of it's own, so why not it's own holiday system that could be immersed together with the lore and game play, partly through the whole year (preparations for holidays in some way).

• Limited Time Clothing/Skins.

Earth holidays could also be included, but Earth holiday skins should be just temporary. This way players could play their game in other parts of year without being reminded of Earth reality. We play to escape the reality.

• Scars, Color of Skin/Fur, Eye Color, Ect.

Sure, althout @Jetah might disagree with you on some of those. 😜

• Stance/Resting Pose.

Those are nice. I loved those in some other MMOs (being able to lean on walls in BDO for example).

Event/Holiday Clothing/Skins. This is kind of a no-brainer but in my opinion it adds a lot to the feel of a game when it has holiday themed clothing/skins.

the devs have already said there's a cash shop and everything you've mentioned are pretty much guaranteed to be in the cash shop, just like every other cash shop game... whether there will be free versions in game, maybe or maybe not... if there are free versions in game they would probably not be as cool as the ones in cash shop...

Skins in the game.
    I believe, that in this game not need temporary skins.
    Customization of the character will appear after a certain threshold of contributions.
    The idea with poses does not quite fit into the game, because even being in the pve world you can be attacked by players.

@muker by temporary skin I think he means having a limited time window in which you can get it, not that skin lasts for a limited time....

@althalus Yeah, sorry. I did not look at the original word in the translator and he translated it as "temporary", not " limited "

Limited skins can be for pvp rewards (if any). For a certain season. For a complete study of all skills. And other things/events

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@gothix said in Enhanced Character Creation:

• Event/Holiday Clothing/Skins.

Fractured should, imho, have own imagined holidays, and not copy Earth holidays. Fractured world is reality of it's own, so why not it's own holiday system that could be immersed together with the lore and game play, partly through the whole year (preparations for holidays in some way).

I'm not agreeing, or disagreeing, but I will note that Fractured is Earth after an Apocolypse How event, so I could see some cultures doing their best to hang on to old events as a way to memorialize "how it was before," while others discard them in order to gain new perspective, or because remembering the previous world is to emotionally traumatizing (playing with lore here).

now, what I'd find interesting, is if the two were seasonally in conflict. Like, if two of the dukes of Syn got into a fight because one side wants to do easter/spring equinox in the christian style (or as best can be managed/remembered), and the other wants to go a different way; whatever that means. and then we'd get quests out of both Dukedoms not only prepping for the events, but also messing with the prep for the other side.

Third Duke is like "F! this sh!t, I'm out" and does quests focusing on actually getting the crops planted, dang it.

Or you get the Demon God declaring "no x-mas" because it make demons think about things other than tearing the throats out the humans, and besides, it makes no sense, since Tartaros hasn't got a winter, a solstice, or anything like that, and we should all get on with fighting, not pining after things lost. that way leads angelism!

Or something like that.

Anyway, then we get quests about hunting hidden celebrants or trying to underground railroad them to safe places to celebrate.

• Community Manager

@therippyone The planets in Fractured have nothing to do with the real-life earth. 😉 Before the fracture, the planet was named Elysium.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@muker said in Enhanced Character Creation:

Customization of the character will appear after a certain threshold of contributions.

Character customization will be in game even if somehow we don't reach Enhanced Character Creation (140k stretch goal).

• Wiki Editor

In greek mythology Elysium was in fact an island 😉

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elysium

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@specter huh? really? missed that some how. I thought...well, obviously, I thought wrong. Thanks for the correction!

@tulukaruk I think without 140 euros k contributions to the game will not be deep customization:lips, ears, eyes, nose, body type etc. And simply picking the external (common) 'll text individual

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@althalus Yes you are right.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@specter Ty for the clarification. And also the speedy response, you're so active xD

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@muker Maybe, i think nose lips ect, will be less important. Mainly because its a top down game view. you probably will not see it that often.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@gothix Thank you for the feedback! You are always so active in the forums and you make your ideas/thoughts very clean and neat. ^_^

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@therippyone Fantastic idea! Although @Specter Just confirmed they have nothing to do with real life. I would still like to see something similar. Mainly because around that time, (holidays) I have more time to play the game, and it fits in with the "spirit" of it all. Another thing I like about games that have seasonal skins, is the look of them, (ik duh) but still. An example would be Halloween, (Sp00ky, Dark, and Creepy looking) Christmas, (Cold, Icy, Snowy, or Cozy looking) Easter, (Bright, Vibrant, and Colorful looking)

@muker said in Enhanced Character Creation:

The idea with poses does not quite fit into the game, because even being in the pve world you can be attacked by players.

BDO was open PvP, where you could be attacked at any time, and it had plenty of poses.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@gothix Posing against a wall would be cool, but also a resting pose like Warframe's would be awesome.

I like the idea of a custom resting pose and it would go with picking a combat pose as well. This way people that might look very similar can look different, and guilds that all dress different but all have the same relaxed state would look cool also. I like it!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured