Switching Characters

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Nothing, absolutely nothing at all. Go ahead and do it. Their demon characters will suffer the demon debuffs if they're going to do something on another planet just like anyone else. If they're going to do "bad stuff" on Tartaros, that is just normal. Why can't a player have multiple characters? It is not like I care, I'll just beat them on all three of their characters. Easy Peasy.

• Well probably my experiences bring me to this different point of view. If you have to compete vs someone else and there are fixing parameters like no macros\scripts or no multiaccount is a fair duel. If you have to compete vs some lamer that have private scripts that do autothings or have 3x character active at the same time is a different situation..
    Anyway as i say planet division will alredy differentiate the players by their playstyle and if some big issues will emerges devs will probably take the right decisions to ensure a fair and fun gameplay..

• The only potential problem I see with switching characters is having characters strategically positioned offline in different areas. Guilds can exploit this to bypass travel limitations when defending territory.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@target is that really a problem? If someone spends time to prepare an alt enough to be useful then it should be fine.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@target it will not be able to help guilds, since the world is wide, and to prepare an alts characters take a lot of time and resources.

@grofire said in Switching Characters:

(...) prepare an alts characters take a lot of time and resources.

Wasn't the whole point of horizontal progression to ensure that having a competitive character would NOT take a lot of time and effort? As in being able to pull your weight in battle on day 1-2, depending only on player skill?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@chrightt well if nothing prevents me from having two accounts I probably have on one account a demon with stealth + high burst dps to gank pve mob farmers on Tartaros. On my 2nd account I have a big Hellfire demon with high strength and constitution to pick up all the loot, since strength increases max capacity you can carry .

My alts on my two accounts will be two humans with similar setup to do the same with miners on Syndesia.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Alt accounts isn’t what I’m worried about I mean yes it is a problem in some sort but it’s not like there’s really any way to stop it from happening plus I feel like if people pay for an alt account they should be allowed to use it and there isn’t anything you can do with alt accounts that you can’t do with friends or really anyone else you trust to do things with my entire issue is having more than 1 character on a single server because it’s like having another account for free

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I think having more than 1 character should be used to try out another play style or race while not having to delete your other character because your attached to it but I don’t think it should be used as having another account to be able to do things like having extra carry weight like what @Benseine said, my idea is maybe to have a timer that stops you from switching characters so you can’t do it so often I know this won’t stop things like the extra carry weight problem from happening but I do feel it will reduce it and I want to hear everyone else’s ideas on how to fix or reduce this problem without removing extra characters completely

@logain items will not have level of power, but some item will be better for some situations, and you can't be prepared for all options, or you can and pay a lot for it.

• @tulukaruk Alt preparation doesn't seem like it would take long at all. It would just be acquiring and leveling a handful of skills.

As for if it's a problem, it depends on how siege mechanics and territory defense works. If for example a rival guild can invade at any time it would basically be mandatory to have offline characters positioned in important places so that the guild can log off and login to their alts when they get word of an attack. It's an issue because holding large amounts of territory should be an increasingly complex logistical problem, which a smaller guild should be able to leverage against a larger guild when attacking, but that all goes out the window if the larger guild can simply log off and into an alt to be everywhere at once.

@target I would like to know how guild territory works, I do not think people can attack all the time, but maybe @Specter know better?

• Community Manager

@grofire You will have to wait for the spotlight on town conquests for more information about sieges. 😉 I don't have the answer to that question.

@specter thanks, well something to look for 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@crache I've mentioned in earlier treads before that the solution to this is very simple. If you log your character of and you swith to another character to play, your first character stays ingame for 15 or 30 minutes or so.

So you can switch characters or log of instantly, but it is your responsability to bring your character to a save spot before you do (hub city, or player house). This will tackle all those problems.

But many hate that solution for some weird reason...

If the above isn't ingame, you can bet your ass I will gank with two chars 😈

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@benseine I really love that idea good thinking

@grofire said in Switching Characters:

@target I would like to know how guild territory works, I do not think people can attack all the time, but maybe @Specter know better?

We know that you can not attack a player in a good controlled city unless it's a siege time. I forgot where I've read this, but it was a dev post. This means that obviously if you can't attack players in a city at all times, than control / ownership of the city can't change at any time. So this means sieges will have time windows when they can happen.

In evil controlled cities you can attack player at any time (assuming you deal with the city guards as well), but these cities will logically also have siege time windows of their own where control / ownership can shift.

We do not yet however know how often will these time windows happen, and how long will they last.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine I think that is a matter of people seeing the characters in game as a risk, and especially one with things like disconnects and crashes. Those are a sore spot with many online games that have had issues there, even with PvE and low death penalties...

I like the idea, but think there needs to be some thought to things like that as well. Being punished for the net going down (already something that feels punishing) just makes people frustrated.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Rwar people getting so worked up in this topic lol

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine I said before and I'll repeat myself - that's a really bad idea. It only benefits the worst kind of PKers and noone else. If you want to play your second character you have to either play you first one long enough to get to safe location (and that might be impossible for demon) or stay half an hour off the game?

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured