Demon Redemption

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@grofire this is from spotlight 6:

If your character’s Karma is below -2,500, you can only choose an Evil alignment. Below 0, you can pick only Neutral or Evil. Above 0, all the three options are open.

Speaking of race, the following limitations apply:

• Humans are born with slightly positive Karma, and can choose any alignment.
    • Beastmen are born with a highly positive Karma. When resting on Arboreus, you can only choose a Good alignment for your Beastman character. When resting on a different planet, you can instead pick Neutral too. By doing so, you are allowed to commit criminal actions that could lower your Karma to the point your home planet and race will start rejecting you, walking the frightening journey that end with the transformation of the Beastman into an Abomination.
    • Demons are born with a strongly negative Karma – and they can’t make it better on their home planet. Therefore, as you create a new Demon, you’re restricted to an Evil alignment. When resting on other planets instead, you can gain Karma to the point you can set your character as Neutral too. Eventually, once your Karma is sufficiently high, you can start walking the path that will lead your Demon to reach its Redeemed form – the Angel.

So I guess for beast kin:

• above 0 - only good on Arboreus, good or neutral on other planets
    • -2500 to 0 - only neutral
    • below -2500 - only evil

Question now is what happens when beast kin player drops below 0 and still above -2500?

He is still not abomination, however since he is not above 0 he can not chose good, so he is stuck on neutral I guess.

However it is written that beast kin can only chose good on Arboreus... so is beast kin player now banished from arboreus completely, or he can still travel to non safe zone as neutral humans can?

(I guess that would be the case, and in such scenario beast kin players can actually be neutral on Arboreus, but with travelling limitations same as neutral humans).

@Specter

@specter cool, I seen this spotlight already, but didn't understood it like now, thanks for the clarification.

• Community Manager

@gothix That's a good question. 😛 @Prometheus?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix it is a good question how are neutral beastkin treated on Arboreus.

Following up on that, how will neutral demons be treated on their planet?

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@rockarmy Hopefully with extreme prejudice and endless acts of violence. Respectful demons such as myself cant have those nancy demons thinking they can just not act how they were meant to and upset the balance and what not.. What kinda picture would that paint for da furries and da fleshies? I tell ya what they'd be thinking!! They'd get to thinking we was weak. That we lost our bloodlust and fury. Psshhh not on my watch!! 🙂 🙂 😈

@Comferage How is that different from how you would treat normal demons? The entire planet is lawless.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@comferage
    demon A: do whatever you want. There are no laws here.
    demon B: I want to be neutral.
    demon A: You're not allowed to do that!
    😉

@tulukaruk said in Demon Redemption:

@comferage
    demon A: do whatever you want. There are no laws here.
    demon B: I want to be neutral.
    demon A: Sure, your arms can be neutral near this rock, your legs can be neutral near that tree and your torso can be neutral over by the river.
    😉

Fixed 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix remember that neutral demon might be thinking about going full angel - then he'll hunt bad demons for points 😄

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@tulukaruk Yeah..... or you haze, pressure, manipulate, threaten, commit to threats on neutral demon enough he might never reach angel-hood! lol. Either by him giving up hope, or becoming a rage filled murder hobo! 🙂 both id consider a victory for the dark god's most devout!

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Personally, I'm hoping the Angel Transformation also looks different/has different stats for different types of demons, as well. Blood, Hellfire, and Shadow, each with a unique looking (at least a little different,) physicality.

• @vinnile That's already confirmed.

All in all. Becoming an angel sure sounds like a very nice challenge 🙂

I would assume that angels would be better at fighting demons than most if not all the other races and playstyles.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@rockarmy that...might be interesting - the demons all have a power that is keyed to aggressive play. Beasts have powers based on "on call" boosts - their temporary transformations. Point is, there is a logical connection. Think angels get an offense boost related to morality? Like...Blood demons get power from doing damage - do Blood angels get power from hitting a target that has hurt others? (ie, if the target has hit another character in the past 5 minutes, angels deal bonus damage based on that value, and on a % related to the target's negative morality? So, if some one is "50%" evil, all damage they take from a Blood Angel is improved by...5% (spitballing) of all damage the target has dealt in the past 5 minutes?

could be interesting

@rockarmy said in Demon Redemption:

I would assume that angels would be better at fighting demons than most if not all the other races and playstyles.

Nope, when demon hits an angel, angel turns the other cheek. Then he heads to church and prays for demons soul.

That's what angels would logically be good at. 🙂

Also, angels should share all their gear with the poor players. Praise from god should be enough for them.

Having an attack that deals bonus damage depending on alignment would be interesting. The more negative the alignment the more damage it does, but the more positive alignment the target has it would actually heal them.

@TheRippyOne I don't think there will be "blood angels". Blood demons are like vampires, why would an angel be a vampire? I think redeemed blood demons are just going to become magic casting angels since the other two demon races don't seem to be focused on magic.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured