Any Roleplaying Communities Planned?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

See the title. I'm also wondering how accepting the game environment'll be toward people who roleplay.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Beastmen are probably going to have the biggest RP population. However, I am making a Syndesia based guild that is going to focus on all aspects. (PvP, PvE, RP, and anything else you can imagine) My goal is a guild that has everything so we can maintain a 'loyal' following, and you wont see guild hoppers as frequently. Feel free to check us out. https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/5939/the-college-of-quintessence

• Wiki Editor

iโ€˜m up for roleplaying wherever i meet people.
    And as i saw, there will be a lot Roleplayer.
    But why they should just be beastmen, beside me, who want to play beastman in reason of this race.
    But i can imagine that there will be great roleplaying Demons too and the humans aswell.

Roleplaying does not mean, you are PVEer, it means, you play a role.
    Even bad aligned characters can be great Roleplayer.
    This game will give us so many possibilities of roleplaying.
    Politics, conflicts, fights, or just exploring, hunting and so on.
    All actions you can do in a game can be made in role.

I am not saying they are all going to be beastmen. I said they will likely have the largest RP population. I say that because RPers generally prefer PvE. Across all games, you see the same thing. And no, that does not mean the PvP players don't RP.

Hello kind sir, what is this "game environment" that you are talking about?

I am just a lowly demon trying to feed his demon family in hot wastelands of North Tartaros region, and never have I heared of any "game" in these lands. My demon kids are usually very bored, having nothing to do around here, so if you would be so kind to explain to me where this "game environment" is, maybe I could take them there, so they can have some fun for a change.

With regards,
    your friendly neighbour from Tartaros

PS: next time my wife will make some cookies and we will invite you over

• Wiki Editor

@gothix you made my day! ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

seems you want to be a jester... or maybe a troubadour... talking about all these strange things.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Human or Beastman areas will likely have some people RPing in some way. How, what, how obvious, how easy to join, etc.? Yeah, who knows.

The game environment on Tartaros... likely will highly limit RP attempts that are not very heavy on the PvP aspects. Simply put, when you are effectively encouraged to backstab and murder as part of the game, there is no reason to trust anyone you don't know very well (and maybe not even them) to play nice.

Everything else seems to indicate at least some level of possibility. How supported it will be in the other worlds, how many people engage in various forms of RP, etc. is something that really remains to be seen.

@Jairone when you say "Human or Beastman areas will likely have some people RPing in some way" you seem to be exclusive limited to a "happy village people" type of RP.

But, don't forget that there are many types of RP, including, but not limited to assassination RP, murdering horde RP, thieving RP, political dirty play RP with making your hands bloody, and other "non friendly" RP events.

Granted, friendly RP may be statistically more present in RP communities, but this does not at all mean that other types of RP do not exist (they are just bit more rare and also harder to notice by players that aren't included, because most of such events are RPed "under shadows"). What we can say is that Tartaros will for sure be a very appropriate place for those types of RP.

Hey, not everyone likes every type of RP, so chose your planet wisely. ๐Ÿ˜‰

my RP is just killing humans and beast(kin) and other demons.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@jetah Jetah's massacre RP - if it's still breathing, they aren't in character XD

• Wiki Editor

@jairone
    Donโ€˜t trust anyone.
    That i have learned in a very hard way in my last hardcore sandbox game.
    It was very interesting to see, how people take this kind of RP or whatever it was into real life.
    Roleplay often leads to massive argueing outside of it.
    That always happens, when people donโ€˜t learn how to differencing actings.
    We should never forget, how ever cute or cruel rolepaying will be, the real people behind it may be totally different.

@therippyone said in Any Roleplaying Communities Planned?:

@jetah Jetah's massacre RP - if it's still breathing, they aren't in character XD

I like it!

I am thinking about making the guild a role playing guild to some extent. I haven't fully mapped out my plans yet (looking forward to alpha and beta builds to get a good feel of the game and then take from that if I want to make the guild a RP. I hope there is enough group and community driven content to make it nearly mandatory to at least be in a functional society.

this game is going to make roleplaying somewhat difficult as not much lore is available as of yet and I believe that the dev's have stated in the past that they are really not focused on creating any more.

• Wiki Editor

@gibbx There will be a Lore based on the fractured planets and their gods and alignments. The question will be, what we do with this lore. Because sandboxing also means player will create their own Lore.
    Jacopo just stated, that it is not focussed on implementing more story for now. He also said, if they get a decent storywriter in their team, he can imagine to get more story written into the game.

@mazikar
    just fyi, alpha won't be a game but more like testing specific mechanics.

@jetah You can get a feel for a game though. It will be raw, and most features will not be fleshed out but you still get a feel for what the developers want.

@mazikar
    if certain mechanics are in, then yes. otherwise you can't. if alpha has just 6 abilities and you want to try necromancy and it isn't any of the 6 then you can't get a feel for it. the economy will not be there during alpha either.

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured