Necromancy skills

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I'm just wondering how the necromancy skill will work out, will someone who focuses on that skill tree be able to summon a huge amount of undead or just the three helpers but with better stats?(edit) Will we also be able to use the summoned undead to help with activities like mining or woodcutting?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@ravanian Unfortunately, no one can answer your question, because there is no information about skills except General

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Ah okay thank you

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Prometheus what are your thoughts on this?

@ravanian said in Necromancy skills:

I'm just wondering how the necromancy skill will work out, will someone who focuses on that skill tree be able to summon a huge amount of undead or just the three helpers but with better stats?(edit) Will we also be able to use the summoned undead to help with activities like mining or woodcutting?

If you analyze your idea, I can assume that the restrictions will be themselves slots skills, and their development (strength) will be based on the pumping of the three levels of this skill

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Oh thank you

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Necromancy 4life lul

I'm looking forward for the skill descriptions, hopefully we'll know something about skills in the near future

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

I also recall the statement that a newbie should be able to jump in and challenge a pro - not win, necessarily, but at least have a chance. It seems to me, that having a 1 on 4 fight, let alone a 1 on ZOMBIE HORDE fight, especially when the 1 person is a newbie, is unlikely to be anything other than a curbstomp battle. I'm not sure what this means, but something tells me Zombies, Pets, and any other Summons, are going to be notably weaker than we the players in some fashion, even if they are quite adequate for PvE.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I think that amount of helpers resurrected with Necromancy or brought to life with Restoration will be limited.
    Otherwise people would be able to do solo Zerg attacks on spots.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@ravanian said in Necromancy skills:

With +400 skills and abilities in Fractured I'm sure both a huge ammount and 3 stronger undead are optional.

Undead doing mining or woodcutting seems unlikely because that will make the school of necromancy kinda mandatory for any gatherer, and that will just seem weird to me. Anyone can use the resting ability at a campfire and switch to necromancy.

In the first place, Prometheus said that necromancy isn't just raising the dead. We can probably expect stuff like life draining and the like.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@cinnao and "curses" - I imagine that means status aliments and the like.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@dybuk said in Necromancy skills:

Otherwise people would be able to do solo Zerg attacks on spots.

You should absolutely be able to do this as a necromancer! Otherwise you're not really a necromancer.

The catch is that this is only acceptable if there's only one necromancer (and if defeating said necromancer immediately destroys all skeletons under his control.) If there was more then one and each was able to raise a zerg this would produce absolute chaos and make the game unplayable very fast.

I think the best way to balance necromancers out - along with having individual minions be weaker than individual players - is to have a limit on how many raised undead can exist within a particular Zone. If a Necromancer crosses a zone line and this causes there to be too many, his skeletons all vanish ("senior" skeletons take priority.) As an added bonus, allow necromancers to swipe each other's skeletons et al.

This will naturally encourage necromancers to fight one another for dominance (which is in character with being an evil bastard.)

Also, one of the laws available to Townships should be "No necromancy". With this on, NPCs will attack all undead they see, and anyone witnessed summoning the undead is flagged criminal and prioritized as a bounty.

As for other skills "necromancers" should be able to do:

• talk to dead people
    • raise a dead player's spirit as an NPC thrall
      • lasts 30 seconds or less, canceled if thrall spirit or necromancer is defeated
      • 3 minute+ cooldown before the same player can be thralled by anyone again
    • Drain Life
    • Wither (destroys plants, crops, etc.)
    • create Deadlands terrain that benefits undead but is toxic to everybody else

• TF#10 - CONSUL

If necromancy would require a body to rise an undead then it would be really hard to get a body in safe gathering spots.

resurrect the dead bodies of those you kill including characters but they are now NPCs

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Still the best game to ever do the Necromancer was Diablo 2, with Dark Age of Camelot's "Bonedancer" being a close second.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@fibs

Remember that not only Necromancer can have thralls. School of Restoration allows to animate objects - I'm planning to create a Mecha and animate it to live 😄

• Wiki Editor

@dybuk conjuration as well - summon items and creatures from faraway locations – or even parallel dimensions! – to be used to its own advantage.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Tbh, it'll just be annoying if there are too many of these undead summoned at a time. If the summoned creatures are too strong, then they definitely won't come in huge numbers. Basically, I don't see a good reason to have a whole lot of crap mobs flood the screen.

I'd find it as something in between annoying and really funny.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured