Bit worried where the Kickstarter is

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

They need something with the wow factor and it doesn't look like they have it yet. Maybe the KS was a bit premature. I'm here for the long haul, but I cannot get any of my mates interested without something impressive to show them.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

With this new Update 7, we will see its impact to KS, but I am confident (again) that these kind of informations will hit the goal easily.

@gibbx
    it's ok to agree when it's correct.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@gibbx said in Bit worried where the Kickstarter is:

Fortunately the game is funded whether KS is successful or not. its a little strange when I find myself agreeing with Jetah 🙂 but sit back and enjoy the ride.

Yeah, but are people going to show up and be passionate and actually play it?

See, that's part of crowd-funding that's getting overlooked here. It's not just the dollars, but the grassroots support.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@cronykil said in Bit worried where the Kickstarter is:

They need something with the wow factor and it doesn't look like they have it yet. Maybe the KS was a bit premature. I'm here for the long haul, but I cannot get any of my mates interested without something impressive to show them.

It's such a tiny, tiny total, too. People are all, "We will probably hit it!" And I think, wow, there'd be something wrong if we didn't hit it - it's so tiny! A game with passionate grassroots support should have walked past 150K US in a couple of days.

just curious now if you think the KS goal will be met or not?

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

i think they can make it with advertising a bit more 🚢

just to clarify:

@Canterbury just curious if you now think the KS goal will be met?

obviously all others feel free to chime in as well

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

We're at 75% with 10 days to go.

592 backers is really low. I had assumed that way more of the forum community would put money down. I was expecting to really have to fight for Immortal EB, which is why I woke up at 4:00 am (local time) the morning that the Kickstarter launched to get one locked in early. As of right now there's 193 left out of 250.

Given that Dynamite doesn't actually need the KS money to continue development, I almost hope the KS fails at this point.

There have been games in the past (can't think of any off the top of my head, but it's a thing) where the initial KS campaign fails, but they follow up with a second campaign later once they have more marketable assets, and the second campaign does fantastically well.

From what I understand, Dynamite doesn't actually need the money to succeed or deliver right now. So if the campaign fails now, they can put together a do-over later. And the do-over could be amazing.

At this point I'd prefer taking the option for a do-over later over barely limping past the finish line.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Given current trends, it's still possible that we don't make it barring a last minute push on the last day. We're getting about €150 to €3200 a day or so. If we exclude the first day spike and the most recent spike, and it would only take a few sub 2k days for the campaign to require another big spike that bucks trends to finish. So atm by no means is it a done deal.

I think one of the major issues during the campaign was a lack of social media presence. I recall that Kickstarter successes were always strongly related to Facebook presence (love it or hate it), and having a high number of Facebook friends was extremely coorelated to success. It's to do with the deep chaining nature of Facebook I believe, like how one person liking a post can lead to someone who was completely unaware of the project to take a look at it as well, and if they liked it, it starts off the next chain (much like a pyramid scheme).

EDIT: Link to daily data: https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/dymstudios/fractured-the-dynamic-mmo/#chart-daily

• TF#3 - ENVOY

We’ll never know about “fakes” but personally I see real potential in this game and made a little pledge already(w/e I can to help them out). Not worried at all.

I'm hoping they make it

Even if the donations seem slow, I believe that it will still end positively. Some people simply may not be able donate at the moment or at all. However, there are enough excited members of the community here to help the developers pull through.

• DymStudios - CEO

@kairosval said in Bit worried where the Kickstarter is:

From what I understand, Dynamite doesn't actually need the money to succeed or deliver right now. So if the campaign fails now, they can put together a do-over later. And the do-over could be amazing.
    At this point I'd prefer taking the option for a do-over later over barely limping past the finish line.

We don't need the money to move with development - but our deadlines are based on a successful Kickstarter campaign.

If the campaign failed and we started selling on our store immediately, we'd lose part of the pledges for sure, as they come from people related to the "Kickstarter ecosystem". If we waited to make another KS campaign, we'd be for months without revenues, and we'd have to put a lot of effort and time on the new campaign which could be spent on development.

In both cases, and that's the critical point, we wouldn't be able to expand the team right away. In particular, we would miss a senior developer who's ready to join the team. That would cause delays to our schedule. Don't forget that although financially stable, we're still a small studio, and 100k do make a difference.

So, yeah... For us, way better to hit the goal now and keep gathering new followers in the coming months rather than having to start over! 🙂 We're at 3/4, lots of updates to come, let's make it happen! 😄

@prometheus if there is many updates you should start get them out, there is 10 days left.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@gibbx said in Bit worried where the Kickstarter is:

just to clarify:

@Canterbury just curious if you now think the KS goal will be met?

obviously all others feel free to chime in as well

We're close enough that the dev team would be crazy not to drop its own money in, at this stage, to "unlock" the rest of the funds, ie: spend 30K to make 120K in one swift movement. So yes, even if not a single person more invests, I think we'll get there. But as I keep saying, it's such a TINY target, and there are so few backers - relative to the community - it still worries me a lot.

@canterbury there is nothing to do now... we just need to wait and hope for the best, and share the existence of this KS...
    me too wished that from "founder" you will get entry to the game from alfa 1, and i do think that it would have result in a lot more money, but now its too late.

Yeah, it is sad that maybe besides pre alpha I won't be able to play the game for 3 years due to financial reasons
    Maybe because the backer count is so low (esp for beta) they will add other ways to gain acces

• DymStudios - CEO

@canterbury said in Bit worried where the Kickstarter is:

it's such a TINY target, and there are so few backers - relative to the community - it still worries me a lot.

The relatively low number of backers compared to the size of the community is surely a "disappointment" for us, but not a "worry". The fact we have so many registered users means there's a lot of interest around the project, while the relatively low number of pledges means there's not enough "trust" yet, most likely because we started our KS too early - we have more content to show than some competitors, yet not enough for a young/small team without any "big name".

As we get closer to Alpha 1 and release more content (game footage in particular) I'm sure plenty of signups will turn to pledges. Right now what matters is to finish this campaign successfully 🙂

@prometheus

It could be that people think this 100k is to complete the game but it seems to be more to hire 1-4 new people.

When looking at accounts it’s better to look at active then add a few percent as emails remind people about it.

With the 300 we saw back on the first day I’d say that was about right with active accounts.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured