July 16th Crafting & Building Q&A: List Your Questions

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Will it be possible for another player to ‘claim’ or ‘seize’ something built by another player without necessarily destroying it?

If so, how easy will this be?

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

How will crafted things and buildings work for players that are inconsistent or low time commitment players, players who put in a few hours in a couple of weeks? Or for that matter, players who take a break for say a couple months?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Are houses and player towns on Arboreus safe from destructive players?

Will you be able to hire NPCs to do things in your properties? Work on forges, cook, sew, farm, sell, clean, security... and so on?

Will there be a limit on how many properties or buildings you can build/own ?

1. any unique crafting features in Fractured that hasn't been done yet?
    2. since materials could be specific to a planet, how will recipes be different, yet the same?
    3. will we have colored quality of items, typical white, green, blue, purple, gold, red; like in WoW, or will items be the same color but have different stats; like in Eve Online?

[e] Can the question be overlayed on the video to the left/right, so it's easier to mark the video.

One suggestion for the next Q&A, post the spotlight first, so people have a basic foundation to ask reasonable questions (dive deeper).

One question I'd have would be:
    Do attributes play a role in crafting (strength -> blacksmithing and the like)?

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

1. Are there items that can only be crafted on one of the three planets?
    2. Can i rent out a building to another player?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

1. How do we craft, is it just dropping 3 iron 3 wood and a coal for a torch? Or is it skillfull, interesting and rewarding to experiment? (aka, blueprint craft or freestyle choice craft?)

2. Will there be raritys for the ressources and crafted items? Rangeing from Common~Most Epic Legendary?

3. Will there be a decent amount of "durability" which will be repairable, but lose some everytime ... until it breaks forever. Economy in games that have everlasting equips ... suck.

Pleaes allow for more questions next time. Or some people need multi accounts xD.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Housing :

1. will we have a lock access (keys ?) to the building (set/crafted by the house's master)
    2. A thief/ below player neutral alignment will be able to steal the gathering element ?

Crafting :
    2. will we have the opportunty to create/put locked chest in our house (warehouse)

• TF#10 - CONSUL

1. Will it be possible to level the ground on the plot we want to build ? (I don't know if there will be hills and else)
    2. I suppose you must craft all the furnitures in your house, but will there be different models ? Or all the table will be the same in all the houses ?

• Will it be possible to to trade materials between planets and craft with materials from other planets. For example, will beastmen be able to craft armor with the materials found on Tartaros.

• Does PvE content reward you with materials, for example a world boss on Arborues.

• Will all (player made) buildings be able to be destroyed on Syndesia/Tartaros? If not, what are some ways that players can protect their buildings while they are afk?

Greets, Sharo

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

1. How big can a town grow? Is there a maximum of houses?
    2. Is there a central market in your town? Or can you sell goods in front of your houses?
    3. Are there roads/sidewalks to connect houses too and do these roads/sidewalks give any movement bonus? Who can build roads/sidewalks?

Really looking forward to this Q&A! 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

1. Will the number of crafting benches be limited to the size of your house?
      --For example a cottage would hold 2 but a castle would hold many more.

2. Can you expand more on the idea of all items being equal?
      --For example once i get a basic sword why would I ever be in the market for another sword other than it being lost or looted?

3. Will there be player shops that can be opened or how is it planned to sell to other players?
      -- Player shops hiring an NPC to man or manning yourself
      -- Sell to NPC shops who then sell to others
      -- Open market where players must attend (EQ W. Commons tunnel for those that remember - /shout selling carrots at 3rd light )

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Will guildmates be able to farm mats and deliver them to a guild bank for future use or do they need to be gathered at the time of use?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Can one character in time craft anything? Or will you always be partially dependable on other players for crafting?

• Wiki Editor

Will crafting get a discovering mode that is not just to find the knowledge, but will have „secret“ combinations? Per example, if you have a blueprint can you variate materials for a special lookalike. Simple example at houses: If you add white wood, it will look bright, if you add red wood it becomes darkred look.

I had in my last sandbox game some real secret crafts, that was caused by beeing a witch and was just available there. The secret of that crafting was caused in a rule by Devs, not to talk/write about when you figure out how, and IF you talk about to non witches, the Devs changed the receipe. Can you imagine to implement such kind of crafting later?

• Wiki Editor

One big wish @Prometheus for the Q&A: If possible, can you show us some ingame examples of building while the stream?
    eyeclapping 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Very glad to hear about the next stream 🙂

1. Will it be possible to share recipes with others, so that they are available to craft the same items?

2.Because you mentioned the differences of crafting in town/ in field in the last Q&A: What kind of houses are players able to build? Do some have special functions concerning crafting, which will be only possible in a special building?

Thank you very much in advance, I am looking forward to the stream (or the backup, as last time due to the nighttime here^^)

• TF#5 - LEGATE

• Can others (i.e. guildmates, friends) use your crafting stations?

• Can you rearrange furniture, etc. however you like? Or is it fixed placement (e.g. LOTRO)?

• How much can we decorate? Can we make curtains, pictures, many varied types of furniture?

• Can you have free-ranging animals on your property, like cats, dogs, chickens, etc?

• How often do you need to repair the buildings?
    • If you don't repair your house, it get destroyed, how much time before your land is free to be claimed by others players? (ex : a retiring player)
    • During a siege houses are safe, but if you loose the siege, what happen to your house and every items inside?

Thank you in advance 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured