Strength of Player Factions?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

After the game has been going for a while, if and when clear, large factions emerge, perhaps from massive guilds, who control large portions of the three planets, what would be the response from the devs?

For example, if there was a massive human group that controlled a large portion of Syndesia, through the owning or management of many towns, would the devs allow them to proceed, taking no action to affect the course of events, use this fact to change general game lore or possibly influence PvE events, or take action against it in order to balance out the area more, so that smaller groups still have the opportunity to take or control parts of the world?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

This is also a concern of mine. I have other friends that are considering playing this with me but we are all concerned with being a smaller guild and eventually getting swamped by others just due to fewer numbers.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

The game design likely stops any one guild or even group of guilds from effectively controlling an entire planet.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

I actually don't hate the idea of one all powerful faction ruling over a planet. If this faction is so large and organized that they can successfully manage and defend a planet then I think they should be able to. Also, it would also be pretty badass to kinda join forces and clear the planet of enemy towns imo.

• I'm hopeful there won't be a response. Things will work themselves out.. That being said, if there must be confines, I support seasons.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Speculation with Eve Online is that some developers used spy accounts to make sure very large alliances were taken down from within. EO has a different system in that there is only 1 universe (thus far) so they can't have an all powerful alliance existing for very long.

• It would be awesome if the devs created something around it. Like "There's a huge and stable community ruling over all. Let's make a plot around it" or something.
    Actually, it should be expected to happen since the players will literally change the world right?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Winesage To be honest that's exactly what I would like - using the player created interactions to progress a world-story type thing.

@jianzen said in Strength of Player Factions?:

After the game has been going for a while, if and when clear, large factions emerge, perhaps from massive guilds, who control large portions of the three planets, what would be the response from the devs?

Hopefully no response. Because then this game wouldn't be a sandbox as devs promote it.

It is up to you, as a player, to work on opposing these factions, by helping an opposing groups. If you can't, well tough luck. The better will win.

I can only say that if I would see devs interfere in this, I would quit playing instantly. No doubt about that.

@gothix said in Strength of Player Factions?:

Hopefully no response. Because then this game wouldn't be a sandbox as devs promote it.

It is up to you, as a player, to work on opposing these factions, by helping an opposing groups. If you can't, well tough luck. The better will win.

I can only say that if I would see devs interfere in this, I would quit playing instantly. No doubt about that.

i've learned through Eve that people will join the bigger alliance instead of trying to fight them. They do what's easy and as closely guarentee's a win.

@jetah that why we said that upkeep for guild and alliances are important.

@grofire said in Strength of Player Factions?:

@jetah that why we said that upkeep for guild and alliances are important.

that doesn't really stop it. the alliance will just require members to farm. there would need to be a hard cap on members in a guild and guilds in an alliance. Sure multiple alliances could work together but it would be harder to communicate in game (if there are no custom chat channels).

@jetah no hard cap.... we in a sandbox...
    i do not mind the upkeep will personal to every player in guild/alliance

@grofire said in Strength of Player Factions?:

@jetah no hard cap.... we in a sandbox...
    i do not mind the upkeep will personal to every player in guild/alliance

sandboxes still have limitations. otherwise they would be limited to a box but a desert or a sand planet. even then there's a limit.

@jetah said in Strength of Player Factions?:

i've learned through Eve that people will join the bigger alliance instead of trying to fight them. They do what's easy and as closely guarentee's a win.

Then be it. They deserve what they get. Why would devs interfere?

@gothix said in Strength of Player Factions?:

Then be it. They deserve what they get. Why would devs interfere?

why play a game with 1 major alliance? if tartaros is owned and there are anti-pvp rules then some people will not play.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I guess it comes down to whether the devs would prefer to see a more organic environment, where the world simply grows as the player sees fit, or whether they’d be willing to create a more equal playing ground for smaller or newer groups.

I guess it comes down to whether the devs would prefer to see a more organic environment, where the world simply grows as the player sees fit, or whether they’d be willing to create a more equal playing ground for smaller or newer groups.

in eve online the developers use non-admin accounts. they add in drama or whatnot to get the big alliances to break up. they may spy for other alliances so things can not go the way the big alliance wants. then again it's speculation unless the developers have admitted it.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@fibs said in Strength of Player Factions?:

The game design likely stops any one guild or even group of guilds from effectively controlling an entire planet.

So far I don't see anything to un-zerg planets. Care to share what game design prevents large guilds from constantly dominating?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

in eve online the developers use non-admin accounts. they add in drama or whatnot to get the big alliances to break up. they may spy for other alliances so things can not go the way the big alliance wants. then again it's speculation unless the developers have admitted it.

Whether that happened in eve I don’t care, but to be honest that’d be the last thing I’d want in Fractured. Either the devs should let the game play organically or explicitly intervene, not mess with events from behind the shadows. Or at least, that’s what I think 😛

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured