Visibility is the key

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

https://www.mmorpg.com/fractured/hype

get your guildmates to register and vote, write in reddit, talk about fractured in other sandbox communities, like albion, eve , runescape etc.

The biggest lack of fractured is its relatively low visibility at the moment, it just need some spotlight, the current situation of the mmon sanbox genre is dire, is a damn desert so if the people will now about this game they will get interested.

So the biggest contribution we can do is share, talk about, spread the seeds. Share is Care should be our slogan as community.

ps: for streamers, owners of youtube chans re-stream,upload, host our devs streams/videos.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Eh, I honestly believe not that many MMO players will be interested in this game, with the no grind mentality it has and all that.

Shouldn't we be looking to people who like games like Skyrim, The Witcher?
    Or Sandbox games like Minecraft, mount and blade, or even space engineers or rust?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@wolefie dude ofc it will. Many hate grind. Why you think some mmorpgs offer instant max lvl characters from cashshops. It's one of the main reasons I like Fractured. And there are moba players too that might want something different.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

It there is a grind. It’s resources.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vicious add to the OP that ppl should also start treads in the Fractured subforum: https://forums.mmorpg.com/categories/fractured

Everytime you make a tread or someone replies you put Fractured on the frontpage of mmorpg.com for 5 to 20 minutes, depending of the hour of the day

Yeah, Fractured isn't really grind free, it's just a different form of grind that attempts to not be a "repetitive grind" like other MMOs have, but to be a grind that requires you to do more different things for a shorter periods, rather then one same thing for a very long period of time.

You still have to:

• collect resources to re craft your gear occasionally (you will be loosing gear every once in a while when you die and are looted)
    • collect resources to build houses and settlements (and to maintain them, buildings will decay over time)
    • collect resources to fund sieges, or to repair damage after sieges
    • gather knowledge points around the world (it will be a long process)
    • gather money for various other expenses (consumables for survival, trading, etc.) either by being a gatherer, crafter, hunter or offering some services (mercenary etc.)
    • there is surely more examples, these are just few

So no, Fractured is far from a MMO in which you can just log in and PvP without doing anything else. πŸ˜‰

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

true. true.

There will always be a grind in some shape or form in online games. It's how the online games survive.
    Without some form of grind, there wouldn't be much left to do after finishing the story and quests.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

The fact that there're the 3 worlds and 3 play styles Incorporated helps it apart to a wider audience. The casual mmo-er and the hardcore pk-er alike, whether they enjoy or dread"the grind," will have something to look forward to.

That is, as long as the devs get it all balanced right.

Nice introductory video by paradox gaming

give Jahlon some luv

• Wiki Editor

@gibbx said in Visibility is the key:

give Jahlon some luv

Very nice summary!

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@gothix said in Visibility is the key:

Yeah, Fractured isn't really grind free, it's just a different form of grind that attempts to not be a "repetitive grind" like other MMOs have, but to be a grind that requires you to do more different things for a shorter periods, rather then one same thing for a very long period of time.

You still have to:

• collect resources to re craft your gear occasionally (you will be loosing gear every once in a while when you die and are looted)
    • collect resources to build houses and settlements (and to maintain them, buildings will decay over time)
    • collect resources to fund sieges, or to repair damage after sieges
    • gather knowledge points around the world (it will be a long process)
    • gather money for various other expenses (consumables for survival, trading, etc.) either by being a gatherer, crafter, hunter or offering some services (mercenary etc.)
    • there is surely more examples, these are just few

So no, Fractured is far from a MMO in which you can just log in and PvP without doing anything else. πŸ˜‰

@evolgrinz said in Visibility is the key:

There will always be a grind in some shape or form in online games. It's how the online games survive.
    Without some form of grind, there wouldn't be much left to do after finishing the story and quests.

My definition of the Grind:
    ''Grinding is the act of playing in a repetitive, unexciting, or otherwise un-enjoyable fashion in order to make faster progress.''
    https://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/1583/rethinking_the_mmo.php?page=3

@benseine said in Visibility is the key:

@wolefie dude ofc it will. Many hate grind. Why you think some mmorpgs offer instant max lvl characters from cashshops. It's one of the main reasons I like Fractured. And there are moba players too that might want something different.

Why play an MMO if you don't like grinding? It makes up almost 100% of the time you play.

@wolefie said in Visibility is the key:

My definition of the Grind:
    ''Grinding is the act of playing in a repetitive, unexciting, or otherwise un-enjoyable fashion in order to make faster progress.''
    https://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/1583/rethinking_the_mmo.php?page=3

I kinda disagree on part of the definition.

Grind is everything you do repeatedly regardless if it's enjoyable or not. Some people actually enjoy the grind.

• level grinding
    • PvP rank grinding
    • rep grinding
    • etc...

Some of those can be enjoyable to specific players, but it's still the grind, because its repetetive doing of the same thing over and over.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

mmo are build in the concept of grind, everything you do > improve you

but grind is a derogatory term when you forced to do the same dull thing over and over for a gain and you not having fun doing it.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@wolefie in my ideal mmorpg I don't grind almost 100% of the time. I pvp in the open world. Solo, small groups, big zergs. Between I collect resources for sieges. Then at sieges we pvp more. I played this way in Age of Conan. So it is possible in mmorpgs. It also means 9/10 mmorpgs are compkete garbage in my opinion. Wich is why I support devs with new idea's. Like Fractured 😎

@gibbx said in Visibility is the key:

give Jahlon some luv

thanks! gave some love!

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@benseine Oh, dope! I never really got to spending enough time in MMO's to discover those aspects, I guess.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

anyone know the exact amount of votes needed, to actually put a score up? Its currently at 9 votes. We as a community should be able to at least get 100 votes or so if everyone tries hopefully.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@vicious said in Visibility is the key:

mmo are build in the concept of grind, everything you do > improve you

but grind is a derogatory term when you forced to do the same dull thing over and over for a gain and you not having fun doing it.

true. πŸ†™

@kingexodus said in Visibility is the key:

(...) if everyone tries (...)

And that's the problem right there. Getting people to 'put forth effort' on such a task isn't easy.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured