Poll to assess the percent of players per race

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Ah, the poll thread I suggested! 😄
    @Flamerunner btw for demons you can swap to angel with positive karma and you can swap to abomination as beastman. Also, you have to understand the method of collection you are using (polls). This type of data collection is not only optional but also usually only answered by those with stronger opinion. What does this mean? People who found Fractured and stay active checking forums probably skews the collected information towards the more "hardcore" player side because people actually have to stay involved on the forum to post daily or follow some threads etc rather than creating an account and just answering polls all day. As I mentioned in your last thread, PVE population outstrips PVP in pretty much all MMORPGs, but you'll usually find more PVP players trash talking each other on the forums while the PVEers farm their onions (and well demons = PVP for most players so yeah think you should get why there are more demon as choices atm).

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@zidroc
    This is a good question, I would assume that an Angel would have a hard time living in the demon world. The human world is probably where angels are meant to be, though this is just me assuming things.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@flamerunner I don't see any poll, and your topic doesn't have any links.

Did you close the poll prematurely, or is there something wrong with the forums?

• Community Manager

@zidroc @Flamerunner Angels get banished from Tartaros. Looks, racials, etc all change.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I think this poll could be refined a bit more. If you don't mind, after yours expires on the 8th or so, I might make another one with adjustments:

• Question clarification: "Which race do you currently believe your main character will be?"
    • Five options: Beastman, Human, Demon, Abomination, Angel
    • Abomination and Angel are clarified as "Evil Beastman" and "Good Demon" since it seems a lot of people still don't know about this lol
    • The post itself will go into more detail too (e.g. "Abominations are banished from Arboreus like Demons and Angels are banished from Tartaros like Beastmen")

I don't want to step on your poll before it's completed, though, so if you're okay with me doing it, I'm still gonna wait 'til the 8th or 9th

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@fibs
    That is fine, I'll take no offence

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Starting Deamon. Going for Angel.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I chose Beastman as that will be my 1st character, but I will also make an Angel.

@Xanowrath @EvolGrinZ I've seen a few demons that want to go Angel. I wonder how difficult this will be? I really hope it's the hardest thing in the game, so that way when people see an Angel its just "wow holy crap look at that"

• TF#10 - CONSUL

There's going to be a fair bit of flexibility in the people who play human or beastman setups depending upon goals, guilds, gameplay experience, etc. I highly doubt this will be able to be anywhere close to accurate.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@zidroc said in Poll to assess the percent of players per race:

@Xanowrath @EvolGrinZ I've seen a few demons that want to go Angel. I wonder how difficult this will be? I really hope it's the hardest thing in the game, so that way when people see an Angel its just "wow holy crap look at that"

I'm expecting Abominations to be moderately rare because most players going Evil will just pick Demon or maybe Human, while Angels will be incredibly rare because of the extreme difficulty in earning good karma while largely limited to Tartaros.

@zidroc said in Poll to assess the percent of players per race:

Yeah. I hope it's not too difficult, but it certainly should be a nice challenge.
    Not sure how it will be done, but my guess is we would need to worship a good aligned god until we are neutral, then go to human world and kill evil aligned things.

But if other demons see you are trying to become an angel, they will probably see you as a traitor and will kill you.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

All in all i'll prolly roll one of each tbh

At the moment Beastmen seem like the most interesting ones to me but I would be happy to try out the other races too 🙂

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@rofus Beastmen do seem interesting when looking at their race and culture, although I believe that the humans will have the most interesting gameplay mechanically. Let me explain. The Beastmen are being made in a way that strongly pushes the player to stay on their home planet to do PvE content and not venture out unless they become an abomination. The demons are built in a way that pushes them to do PvP on their home planet and raid the human world unless they turn into an angel. The humans are built to interact with all the races (including other humans) in interesting ways while also having access to PvP content. It will be incredibly interesting to play as a human as they live in what could be considered the pub world with occasional demon attacks, Beastmen or Abonomations that decide to leave their world, as well as Angels, while also having the ability to travel to all other worlds. If you like PvE, play the Beastmen if you like PvP play the Demons, but if you like living in a world with events constantly going on then play Human. (Sorry for the long comment)

@flamerunner as much as we know you are mistaken, the race do not matter, the only thing that matter is the alignment, a neutral beastman is same as neutral demon and neutral human as for the planets debuffs.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@grofire You are mistaken, the developers specifically say that the races are "a choice that will make a tremendous difference in your whole Fractured experience, on day one as much as one year later. The choice of your race", they even say that the race you choose will make "you feel like you were immersed in a different culture, a different society, and, to an extent, a different game." I don't know about you, but to me playing (to an extent) in a different society, culture, let alone a different game sounds like an extremely important choice, in fact. If it is what the developers say it is, it is the most important choice you will make in the game. I won't argue that you can change your alignment, but I will argue that according to the developers that the race you choose is the most significant choice you make in the game.
    https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-1-three-races-three-gameplays/

@flamerunner NO YOU ARE MISTAKEN ! lol,
    i asked this question in the last Q&A and the answer i was given was: debuff and buffs, from planets will act according to alignment, demon with good alignment is same as good beastman and vice versa, and neutral characters will be able to live on the human planet, even if they are beastman, source: https://fracturedmmo.com/survival-travel-qa-full-recording-recap/

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@grofire but good humans cannot live on Arboreus. And with Angels they'll probably be able to live on Arboreus but it's not 100% yet. That and the fact that abominations and angels are a separate races from beastkin and demons 😛 So race choice does have impact but not as big as @Flamerunner says 🙂 the truth is as always somewhere in between 😄

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@tulukaruk I wouldn't be surprised to find some sort of alignment scheme come for humans who really want to change over a long time either. There just isn't a strong plan for that as the other two are really the ones with the hardest lock to a location in general (humans can more easily go both ways to the other planets.) But later down the line... it may well be something people are interested in, and something that could potentially come about. Of course, being a truly despicable and wicked person, or a saint, (not specific names of new types, of course) would take a lot of effort to avoid any middle ground by such people as well...

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured