Patch Log - b.0.1e (Crafting Taxes, Harbor Protection & Bug Fixes)

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi all,

today's patch also includes the following changes/fixes.

Crafting Taxes

Crafting fees and taxes are live. The system is meant to introduce gold sinks into the game and reward cities who decide to open up their crafting stations to the public. Here's a few bullet points on the system.

• If you craft from your inventory crafting menu, there's no gold fee to be paid whatsoever, but all items (T1 weapons, Commoner Clothes, Hide Armor) are of Poor quality.
    • If you craft from a crafting station, be it in a city or at home, you pay a base gold fee plus (possibly) a tax of to the city you are in / the city that controls the region. Below is a list of the base fees.
      o armor tier 1: 100 (x2 if main piece)
      o armor tier 2: 300 (x2 if main piece)
      o weapon tier 1: 50 (x1.5 if 2-handed)
      o weapon tier 2: 400 (x1.5 if 2-handed)
      o shield tier 1: 50
      o shield tier 2: 400
    • The base fee is burned, while the city tax goes to the treasury of the city.
    • The city tax is always a % of the basic fee, and can be chosen by the governor of the city. There are 5 options: none, low, medium, high, very high. They are respectively 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% of the base fee.
    • The governor can choose a different taxation level for citizens, residents of the region and foreigners.

Harbor Protection

No more harbor camping by player killers! Harbors are now PvP-free, like cities, up to 50 meters from the Harbor office building.

A nice particle effect shows where the protection ends. After that, you're fair game! 😉

Player Animations

• Player characters holding a mage staff no longer move like they have a mage staff up their derrière.
    • Player characters now also play a proper animation when being knocked out and standing back up.

Praise our new (and first) animator!

Bug Fixes

• SMELTERIES NO LONGER EAT INGOTS. YAY!
    • Land claim owners can now again pick up carts left by other players on their claim and move them out.
    • Fixed a bug that allowed player to become permanently invisible under some very specific circumstances.
    • Poison and Acid staffs can be crafted in the Wizard Bench.
    • When going stealth, you now gain 100% Critical Chance. It applies to the first weapon attack (melee or ranged) when coming out of stealth, which will always be critical. Doesn't apply to spells!
    • Lower Mana Cost now works correctly. It reduces mana cost! 😛
    • The Tough II talent now does what it's meant to.
    • Death Bargain now ends and makes you recover HP if you kill a creature when it's active, instead of knocking you down.
    • Poison can be applied again to bows.
    • Dash spells now do damage to enemies in melee range.
    • Totems now grant loot rights to the caster.
    • Fixed some instances where picking up items would not assign / remove the Encumbered status when... encumbered 🙂
    • The Quality selector in the marketplace now works correctly (for newly listed items only). Moreover, the Armor category now contains all armor sets as sub-categories.
    • The Composite Longbow and Dual Daggers crafting recipes no longer drop.
    • Lore tablets can no longer be consumed at campfires in the wild.
    • Pins of POI now show correctly as ? if undiscovered (there's still a visual bug where the pins reset at relog though).

• What a horrible idea with the harbor safety points : P

other than that -- good job! Going On to check the changes out : )

• no mention of fixes for maps?

alt text

• @Pedobear

I had this on my other PC with an old graphics card, on my main PC it is fine. Something to do with that maybe

• Wiki Editor

Prometheus said in Patch Log - b.0.1e (Crafting Taxes, Harbor Protection & Bug Fixes):

Harbor Protection
    No more harbor camping by player killers! Harbors are now PvP-free, like cities, up to 50 meters from the Harbor office building.
    A nice particle effect shows where the protection ends. After that, you're fair game!

Thats a very good news.
    Thank you for the protection from ganking while traveling between continents.

Player Animations

Player characters holding a mage staff no longer move like they have a mage staff up their derrière.
    Player characters now also play a proper animation when being knocked out and standing back up.

But now it looks like as if the mages have something with their backs, if they standing still.
    Also THESE Hand! 😱
    It looks like as if Mages have gout! 🤕
    65b6fa5d-f339-46c7-bad0-7a6bd1b792fc-grafik.png

But to be fair, the running animation looks ages better than before. 😘

I will 🙌 , if we get walk animations, that we can use, when we are in town and don't want to look like we are going to fist fight anyone anytime 😉

• Content Creator

@Pedobear This is client side graphics, not server side/game-side.

You might want to go into your graphic settings and change how high you have it set, if that doesn't work, you may need a better graphics card period.

The game works better with a dedicated graphics card over an integrated one on the motherboard, I know that.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Umm... 100% crit chance out of stealth + up to 170% crit damage + concussive strike = one hit kill >.>
    Is that intentional?

I don't think that you can one hit kill with that.
    The only weapon usable for that is the club, which has a 5.2 multiplier. Concussive strike adds 8 for a total of 13.2. On crit it becomes 35.6.
    With a strenght of 20 thats 712 damage before armor, repeated twice for a total of 1400 damage on armor zero. Even on a 300 armor target, it will be 875 damage... not exactly that much.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

This has gotten out of control.
    Crafting was bad enough, I mean I spend my day gathering resources, waiting for them to process.
    Grind coal, grind ore...wait 4 hours
    Grind hides, flesh pole then 16 hours

hundreds of products to master

Now add to that I have to add grinding gold JUST TO USE the machines built on my plot

All I do is grind grind grind, this is suppose to be fun

• TF#3 - ENVOY

You spend hours farming for materials to build crafting stations and a billion smelters then have to pay to use your own crafting stations. Nice.

PS. make smelters more efficient, because right now those relying on metal are at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to producing equipment/mastering it.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

well if you have a house near a town where your not a citizen of then of course you should be charged for crafting. It was one of my earliest notions. Certain stations, like the actual forge would be free for citizens, but anything in the crafting house would be taxable.

I do object to the cost though. 400g is a trifle high.

• Content Creator

Since anyone can generally grind out 1000 gold easily in about an hour, the costs here aren't that high at all. If anything, the game needed more gold-sinks as it is, or gold would be too economy breaking with inflation caused by gold glut.

The game NEEDED gold sinks...so now all crafting takes gold to do...except primitive from inventory, that is...that is improvising. Anything else, it is assumed your paying for various little things, like upkeep on the crafting stations, resins, dyes, high and low grit sandpaper, oil, etc... used in crafting that they didn't want to individualize...On top of that, if you use a town station, you pay an additional tax...makes sense.

I'm a crafting heavy player, and I find this perfectly reasonable. Once the game gets really going, crafters will be able to reflect their costs back into the price of their finished goods...in fact, if people are smart, they would immediately go to their old market listings and adjust all their prices to reflect the additional costs...if we all do it, then the pricehike will be uniform, and should stabilize the economic impact overall.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Crafting fees and taxes were always needed, if just to help the town to recoup something off of their investment and to help pay for their ranking up.
    The amount of grind for mastery is a bit ridiculous, and adding gp to that process is kind of insulting. I would hope to see less grind for the mastery process and armor/weapon production in general to compensate for this additional cost.
    The main problem behind insufficiant gold sinks can be tied to low population, low activity, and low drop rates such that everyone mostly keeps what they get or puts them up for astronomic prices. Higher drop rates would encourage more of them going onto the market for lower prices and then the market transaction fee and tax (which we are still waiting for) could make a nice impact on the gold sink issue.
    The high cost and risk of crafting expensive equipment for public sale also decreases opportunities for this kind of gold sink.
    I may want a leather rogue armor set, but if the one on sale is not of the material I want for my build then I will not buy it... which means the crafter may have wasted the expensive reagents. This results in the offers of "making XYZ with your mats" which has far less risk and cost, but cannot be part of the gold sink system.
    I will plug -again- how imbued gems would make perfect items for markets and gold sink opportunities as it costs gold to socket them and are much more convenient to buy/sell on the market in comparison to reagents.
    A proper environment of crop scarcity with 3 crops would also encourage market and harbor use and all the gold sinks possible there... so get to that.

The change to land claims and carts is very very much appreciated as is the harbor immunity ! Being able to use harbors and not discover myself dead on the far side is quite a relief.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@OlivePit said in Patch Log - b.0.1e (Crafting Taxes, Harbor Protection & Bug Fixes):

Crafting fees and taxes were always needed, if just to help the town to recoup something off of their investment and to help pay for their ranking up.
    The amount of grind for mastery is a bit ridiculous, and adding gp to that process is kind of insulting. I would hope to see less grind for the mastery process and armor/weapon production in general to compensate for this additional cost.
    The main problem behind insufficiant gold sinks can be tied to low population, low activity, and low drop rates such that everyone mostly keeps what they get or puts them up for astronomic prices. Higher drop rates would encourage more of them going onto the market for lower prices and then the market transaction fee and tax (which we are still waiting for) could make a nice impact on the gold sink issue.
    The high cost and risk of crafting expensive equipment for public sale also decreases opportunities for this kind of gold sink.
    I may want a leather rogue armor set, but if the one on sale is not of the material I want for my build then I will not buy it... which means the crafter may have wasted the expensive reagents. This results in the offers of "making XYZ with your mats" which has far less risk and cost, but cannot be part of the gold sink system.
    I will plug -again- how imbued gems would make perfect items for markets and gold sink opportunities as it costs gold to socket them and are much more convenient to buy/sell on the market in comparison to reagents.
    A proper environment of crop scarcity with 3 crops would also encourage market and harbor use and all the gold sinks possible there... so get to that.

The change to land claims and carts is very very much appreciated as is the harbor immunity ! Being able to use harbors and not discover myself dead on the far side is quite a relief.

Way to ignore the point!

The town does not need to recoup the cost of things built on MY PLOT!
    As a citizen and a resident I have already paid thousands of gold and helped build all those machines.

@dracokalen
    it does

You can build that stuff on your plot because the city made the work for you and discovered that technology, which costed a lot of gold and effort.

I'm very positive about the addition of these taxes. They are only a minor gold sink overall, but it is one of the pieces of the puzzle that are needed to make the gold important in the game. Once we get also bank and market taxes, and sieges restart (they are big gold sinks), we could finally have a working gold system.

Yes, this makes achieving masteries more difficult. Considering though how fast people are progressing right now in the masteries, I see that as a bonus. You shouldn't 4/4 in a month.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Prometheus said in Patch Log - b.0.1e (Crafting Taxes, Harbor Protection & Bug Fixes):

Welcome aboard!

I love shamelessly staring at some good idle and combat animations—especially spellcasting ones, so I'll be looking forward to seeing your work. ♡

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

For me as a casual gamer, the craft tax is really not funny.

If someone can invest more time in the game, they will also have more money than someone who is only online a few hours a week. Therefore, in every game there are rich and poor players.

With the property tax on crafting, you are now really taking away the opportunity for casal
    players to progress in crafting.

In my case it is difficult to get the T1 or even T2 reagents, now I have to put the money that I earn in the period completely into the craft and could therefore not additionally support the city in which I live .

I'm one who likes to sponsor new guild members with better armor to make it easier for them to get into the game.
    Sadly that's gone now...

Now a new player has to collect AT LEAST 1500 gold in order to even get better armor, let alone the reagents that can drop with a 1 to 2% drop chance.

But yes, I will probably live with it 🙂

1500 gold is nothing compared to getting those t2 reagents. You will probably get around 10k just while trying to find them.

On the contrary, this could actually make life easier for casual gamers.

Right now buying something is very hard if you are not "Rich", since the value of gold is incredibly low and the prices very high as a consequence. With enough gold sinks, the value of the gold rises, and the prices go down, allowing less active players to afford the prices of buying stuff from the market.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@spoletta said in Patch Log - b.0.1e (Crafting Taxes, Harbor Protection & Bug Fixes):

@dracokalen
    it does

You can build that stuff on your plot because the city made the work for you and discovered that technology, which costed a lot of gold and effort.

I'm very positive about the addition of these taxes. They are only a minor gold sink overall, but it is one of the pieces of the puzzle that are needed to make the gold important in the game. Once we get also bank and market taxes, and sieges restart (they are big gold sinks), we could finally have a working gold system.

Yes, this makes achieving masteries more difficult. Considering though how fast people are progressing right now in the masteries, I see that as a bonus. You shouldn't 4/4 in a month.

I am part of the city. I hauled tons of stones and hundreds of logs to build it. I also give thousands of gold coins every 2 weeks or so. This change is sheet....it's no wonder I don't see much more then guildies when I log in.
    Making crap changes just to make the game harder is bullchit!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@spoletta said in Patch Log - b.0.1e (Crafting Taxes, Harbor Protection & Bug Fixes):

1500 gold is nothing compared to getting those t2 reagents. You will probably get around 10k just while trying to find them.

On the contrary, this could actually make life easier for casual gamers.

Right now buying something is very hard if you are not "Rich", since the value of gold is incredibly low and the prices very high as a consequence. With enough gold sinks, the value of the gold rises, and the prices go down, allowing less active players to afford the prices of buying stuff from the market.

What a crock of manure. I'm a casual gamer and this makes things so much worse. Now not only do I have the massive crafting grind. I have to spend hours grinding gold. I have no time to adventure cause I have to grind grind grind for crafting.
    If they want to make this change palatable they either need to increase the amount of gold dropped by mobs are increase the mobs that drop gold

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured