Horse death

• Currently, the only challenge with getting a horse lies in the first ten minutes of creating a character.

I propose that we move to have your horse dying be a tad more meaningful with the following changes. It goes within the same spirit of the other changes related to the economy (as horses are firmly part of said economy).

Changes:
    -Every horse should have three lives. If it dies three times, it's dead forever. Consider that "horse durability", in a sense. This will create a market for horses.

-When your horse is shot from under you, you shouldn't be able to mount back for at least one minute. The current timer is way, way too short and makes it too easy to escape.

-In an effort to make the horse market more interesting, horses should have the following attributes impact (again, slightly) different qualities:
    A)Strength should impact horses' speed while pulling a wagon.
    B)Dexterity should impact horses' speed without a wagon.
    C)Constitution should impact horses' health pool (if it doesn't already).

Pretty straightforward, just a way to create another profession and market, while making things more interesting in the open-world.

• Coming from games that actually have horses that die I'd prefer not to be forced to run around with 5 horses in pvp and just run away when I'm down to 2 left.

Also I'd assume since the horses have stats right now then the devs do intend on making the horse stats actually useful at some point.

• @Ablabla If you lose your horse three times in PvP, it's likely your fault? I fail to see why you'd need to go around with more than one spare horse for PvP and even then, that's likely pushing it.

We don't fight on horseback in this game.

This is most likely something that the devs want to implement but that still had no time to do so.

Also, more than a life system for horses, I would prefer a degradation system. Horses with use progressively lose stats, this is accelerated by taking damages and getting killed.

As for the stats:

STR: Speed while carring a wagon
    DEX: Speed without a wagon while on a road
    CON: HP
    PER: Speed without a wagon while off road
    INT and CHA interact with taming skills.

This way all horses have a specific application.

• @spoletta I'd prefer that over horse death, even if they added a durability stat to the horse item itself.

• DymStudios - CEO

@Ulfnaor @spoletta thank you for your feedback! Having horses just disappear when being dismounted 3 times is a bit harsh. They could definitely have a "lifetime" counter though, which decreases with time and takes a small hit each time you are dismounted. Horse stats should also be meaningful, I agree. We'll see when we'll be able to do it as our schedule is really tight, but we definitely would love to!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Prometheus said in Horse death:

@Ulfnaor @spoletta thank you for your feedback! Having horses just disappear when being dismounted 3 times is a bit harsh. They could definitely have a "lifetime" counter though, which decreases with time and takes a small hit each time you are dismounted. Horse stats should also be meaningful, I agree. We'll see when we'll be able to do it as our schedule is really tight, but we definitely would love to!

if horse will get "lifetime" counter, can we get horse armor in with hide and metal?

• Really like the idea of horses having stats and lifetime (durability).

That's a good idea. Obviously not a priority right now, but would be good in the future.

My thoughts on horses

I do not like the idea of my horse dying. With that said, however, I do not believe that a single horse should be eternal. I think that horses should have life stages: young, adult, experienced, and senior, perhaps. Stats could be reflective of these life stages and adjust up or down depending. This of course would be in conjunction with whatever natural stats your horse happens to be gifted with.

I would also like to see the option to free my horse before it dies in battle. If I know my horse is about to go down under me for the final time the option to kick free of the saddle and let it run would be nice. I’ll take a penalty hit for it if need be.

Let us retire our horses. I don’t want to kill my horse because he is old; I want him to go out to pasture and enjoy the rest and relaxation that he has earned. Oh, and let us not forget the terrible, horrible removal of a horse token from your inventory! When you try to remove a horse “token” from your inventory, by dropping it on the ground, the wording is such that you are, in fact, killing your horse. Not cool! It should say “Free your horse” even if there is no added graphic and no additional horse is actually added to the world.

Horses make Fractured Online so much more enjoyable then it would be without them. I know that love for them it down the road but I wanted to add my two bits.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

How to accommodate the trained wolf mounts and mules that some packs or achievements give?

@OlivePit said in Horse death:

How to accommodate the trained wolf mounts and mules that some packs or achievements give?

Those could be turn to skins which can be used for ever.

• Content Creator

@Tuoni I do believe that was basically what they said they would be, but can't recall if that was player rumor or a Dev, so don't quote me on that.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured