Arrows - Where did they go?

• So unless I am mistaken, arrows have been removed from the game (or are not yet implemented?).

This is something I actually really miss. Why?

1. It adds an immersive feeling, having to be thoughtful of your supply.

2. It is an extra element to add to the economy for sale / trade. It's something low level players engage with to make money from wealthy players who are too busy to make their own.

3. It generally feels really weird that bows fire unlimited arrows out of nowhere.

I implore you to add arrows to the game. They don't need to be difficult to make (just sticks would do), but I honestly do feel they should exist in this game.

• Content Creator

@Kazzier I think you're in the minority in this.

Most of the Archery characters didn't like having to make and carry 1000s of arrows, using up a big portion of their encumberance/weight load on them. In general, I've heard nothing but praise that Arrows have been removed, and most hope this is a permanent thing.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Kazzier said in Arrows - Where did they go?:

(...)Why? 1... 2... 3...

4 ) It adds an extra layer of strategy when using different arrow heads and shafts to gain different bonus.

I doubt we're going to get them back with the shift in target audience though. Pity.

@Logain what shift?
    I hope that this change will revert, same as many changes in the past, like campfire do not allow you to change skills, you can't build an house in unoccupied territories, an so on...

I think that the arrows were removed because they simply don't fit with the current itemization design.

They could technically exist as a single type of arrow without modifiers, but at that point it starts being simply a chore.

• I mean really all they need to do is use one basic "arrow" type, which is then used from the inventory. So no need to equip.

The arrows can stack to silly levels, like 3000 and weigh virtually nothing. So it's rare that they have to be replenished.

You can even make like 50 out of one branch, so crafting is simplified.

That way it doesn't take them out of the system / economy but still gives most of the comfort.

But removing them all together.......feels......off to me.

@Kazzier said in Arrows - Where did they go?:

I mean really all they need to do is use one basic "arrow" type, which is then used from the inventory. So no need to equip.

The arrows can stack to silly levels, like 3000 and weigh virtually nothing. So it's rare that they have to be replenished.

You can even make like 50 out of one branch, so crafting is simplified.

That way it doesn't take them out of the system / economy but still gives most of the comfort.

But removing them all together.......feels......off to me.

Yo can always grab som branches and keep them alltime with you if that will cure your pain 🙂

@spoletta said in Arrows - Where did they go?:

(...)at that point it starts being simply a chore.

One could argue that waiting for mana to recover is simply a chore as well, so should mana be recovered instantly when out of battle? Or better yet, should we not use mana for spells at all, because mana, like arrows, is/was a way to 'limit ranged attacks'.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

game would literally be unplayable if arrows existed and took up weight. It's already annoying to grind mobs with 50-60 kilos of free space, because 1 campfire already takes up 24% of your carry weight which is like 90 kg total with a 10 average STR character. If you pick up some animal furs on the way alongside random stuff - you're fked.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

we have assorted arrow abilities already. Fire for sure. I imagine others although i dont play my ranger much

@hellzer said in Arrows - Where did they go?:

game would literally be unplayable if arrows existed and took up weight.(...)

You realize that arrows existed and had weight in previous tests and people could play, right?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Logain said in Arrows - Where did they go?:

@hellzer said in Arrows - Where did they go?:

game would literally be unplayable if arrows existed and took up weight.(...)

You realize that arrows existed and had weight in previous tests and people could play, right?

and how did that work out in the end, huh?

It worked decently because you didn't haul around a lot of arrows. 200-400 at a time.

Then you kept with you the arrowheads, so that when you needed to craft more you took some branches from a tree and crafted them. This way you had a lot less weight problems.

The problem was with having to find a lot of small stones. 5 stones 200 arrows.

• Again though, the above issues could be easily circumvented without removing the feature altogether.

Just make them weigh very little and stack up to a high amount. If they are made from branches then there isn't any downside.

• @Kazzier said in Arrows - Where did they go?:

Again though, the above issues could be easily circumvented without removing the feature altogether.

Just make them weigh very little and stack up to a high amount. If they are make from branches then there isn't any downside.

carfting arrows would be a pain in the ass for archers
    since its a fantasy game and not a hunting simulator just call arrows magical
    magic dont need to be crafted

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured