Play Free, Win A Key - The Contest

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi everyone!

The May Open Playtest has just started (for backers), and we have some exciting last-minute news to share about it!

And the news is... you can get free access to Alpha 2 - Test 3 (or even permanent game access) by playing during the Open Playtest!

Read the full announcement

See you all in game!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

What a nice idea, thanks a lot for the chance, I'm sure plenty of people are going to appreciate it and participate! I wonder if that's going to skew the results for how many people would normally join the militia though. And have you considered people using alternate accounts to boost their militia points (create a hundred accounts, kill them and you should start with a rather high ranking)?

@Psymantis said in May 2020 Open Playtest:

"Everyone who participated with a meaningful contribution gets 1,000 Foundation Points 😉"

Does that apply to Militia/Knowledge? If so, how?

Is this a better place to ask? Gimme that 1000 points. 😜

• Wiki Editor

The first contest and i do not have time really to be able to participate. 😭
    But it is the first time after months that i can visit my mother and she is turning 66 at weekend.
    But i will follow all the entries to the contest and hope it will be much!!!

Wish best luck all of the people who will participate! 🍀 🍀 🍀

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

hi, I have an endless download when I selected a character and clicked play where can I turn with this problem

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

So question, in regards to the Knowledge contest. How many Knowledge Points are currently available in the game as of this Alpha? 😃

@Kralith said in Play Free, Win A Key - The Contest:

The first contest and i do not have time really to be able to participate. 😭
    But it is the first time after months that i can visit my mother and she is turning 66 at weekend.
    But i will follow all the entries to the contest and hope it will be much!!!

Wish best luck all of the people who will participate! 🍀 🍀 🍀

Same here. I also wish good luck to all the participants, and I'm following with an interest all the contests!

(shh) Secretly: I'm following housing contest with the most interest! 😉

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

So. Who is the winners of the May contest?

• DymStudios - CEO

@KatzenJammer said in Play Free, Win A Key - The Contest:

So. Who is the winners of the May contest?

We'll send out the keys ASAP 🙂

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Prometheus why did i never receive a key for the character builds contest back in the winter? I was the only person that posted a build during that one. I sent numerous emails asking about it... is the contest just a sham? I understand that it sucks to win by default, but are you just going to not honor your word simply because of the lack of interest in that category?
    I was so excited about this game, but this whole thing has left a sour taste. I want to play the game, but if this is how the company does business then i doubt i will bother

• Content Creator

@OldMule Just an aside, but in most contests where there are several subcategories, there is usually something in the rules about any category that doesn't get at least 3 entries doesn't pay out any prizes. I'm unsure if this contest had that rule or not, but even when not explicitly stated, it is often an accepted practice so that there is no 'win by default' in an individual overlooked category. Food for thought, but it is considered reasonable business practices.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@GamerSeuss it literally is not acceptable business practice here in canada. The Competition Act actually prohibits this very type of activity. Not sure why you bothered to chime in on this, since you obviously aren't well informed on the subject.
    Had there been some sort of statement regarding lack of entries, as you said, then sure it would be reasonable and even expected. There was not, and therefore lacked sufficient disclosure. It is poor business practice at best, and criminal at worst.

• Content Creator

@OldMule

1. I just read through your 'Competition Act' for Canada, and you totally don't even understand the document your referring to. This document involves competition in the business market, with an additional subsection for sporting events and has nothing at all to do with the regulation of At-will no cost entry sweepstakes or other incentivized offers.
    2. As I stated previously, in the case of multiple sub-categories in such a 'good faith' sweepstakes kind of format, it is in fact considered the company hosting said competition's right to terminate said conditions on any subsection of the sweepstakes for lack of participation, and further, it is assumed, whether you see it explicitly or not, that a minimum participation of at least 3 entries is needed to constitute a viable category.

Nowhere in the documentation for the Competition Act does it even address such sweepstakes and you are just throwing around legalese for your own personal aggrandizement I guess.

Further, as this sweepstakes is for 'virtual property' which international law has already set to a valuation of 'nil' so as to prevent 3rd party reselling of said virtual properties as in the case of many MMOs disallowing the sales of in-game currency, this doesn't fall under the Canadian jurisdiction for international trade, as no actual product or service is being offered within the Canadian Territories. The given resale valuation of 'nil' prevents it from falling under those classifications.

The company can sell their memberships, and do a whole lot in the cyberspace territory the game exists within, but only the company can assign an actual valuation or profit from said valuation if it is set to 'nil'

Either way, this was a good-faith friendly in-game promotion, not a legally binding competitive agreement either, and as such, you wouldn't have any legal recourse anyway. Just suffice it to say, not enough people participated for them to go through with that subcategory, so whether they announced it or not, the company used their optional discretionary power to 'call off' or 'cancel' that category's eligibility for reward for lack of participation sufficient to justify its inclusion.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@GamerSeuss it literally does encompass events like these. Not sure why you are so triggered, but saying something more than once doesn't make it any more true. Your comments about self aggrandizement can certainly be redirected to you own comment, since what you said has no basis in the truth, and was obviously just to soothe your own narcissistic ego. You should write for fox news.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@GamerSeuss but tyvm for spending so much time on this. I'm happy that it gave you an opportunity to try to make someone else feel inferior, even if it was in vain. You seem like a great... thing. Enjoy your summer, get outside for a bit. You could probably use some fresh air and sunlight.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@GamerSeuss
    " Deceptive Marketing Practices
    Reviewable Matters
    Marginal note:Misrepresentations to public

74.01 (1) A person engages in reviewable conduct who, for the purpose of promoting, directly or indirectly, the supply or use of a product or for the purpose of promoting, directly or indirectly, any business interest, by any means whatever,

(a) makes a representation to the public that is false or misleading in a material respect; "

Figured id put that there just in case you were considering replying with more baseless, drooling idiocy. Literally the opposite of what you said, contained in the act.
    Im really not too worried about it, but the world is dumb enough without idiots like you disinforming people.
    If they dont wanna honour their contest, they dont want to honour it. I just asked them why... not you, unless you're their representative. Them.

• Content Creator

@OldMule and the offered 'prize' as I stated, has a marketable value of zero, and is therefore not considered a 'material' product or offer. AND as I also stated, in such at will, no cost entry sweepstakes, especially those with multiole categories, it is considered an at-will that the provider can cancel any category for lack of participation, generally quantified at a minimum of 3 entries.

[edit] The assigned value of an Alpha key is zero, it is a perk included in certain backer levels, but is not sold seperately and has no value

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@GamerSeuss again more baseless idiocy. Go back under your rock, troll.
    First off, its not an alpha key, its a permanent game key, and therefore yes it absolutely does have a value. Regardless of that, a default value that you put on something does not define whether it is material or not, in spite of what you would like to hold true. It is, in fact, a material offering as a prize for a promotional contest, and therefore it is covered by the act. You can argue if you like, but it is there in black and white in spite of your ignorance.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@GamerSeuss also, spouting idiocy about 3 entries has literally no basis in fact. Please share your source that would exempt the company from this act, or stfu and accept that you were wrong

• Community Manager

@OldMule Calm down, there's no need to resort to resort to fighting. I've asked Prometheus what's up with the contest rewards. 😉

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured