Why don't you open a test server for the packs

• I have a couple of doubts about the game and I would like to ask since I am a bit worried, it turns out that I paid for the eternal pack but I realize that it does not have any server for the alphas pack and I see that in the latest videos of the Fractured channel they say that they still have years of development left and that they are trying to raise money to continue, what I wonder is why they do not have a server for all the people who are supporting the game with their purchases, since they pay for something that is worth 336 dollars in my case and not having access to anything and knowing that there will hopefully 2 alphas a year, this will not help them to sell more founder pack, I do not understand why they do not leave an Alpha server open as many people do so that the community Support buying these packages can contribute to the game because if we talk about years of creation without knowing anything else about the game when we will be able to even be able to play even if they delete the characters or improve the game I feel that Actually for now this game is a dream and I invested a lot of money in it thinking that the developers would really care about the people who support them, this is just an opinion and I would like to know the opinion of more people and know if it opens any possibility of have a test server for the people who bought the packs, excuse me my English is not good but I try to understand and support the game

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

There are tests with new content every 3months and they last for 1 month, next is roughly end of February, just wait a bit 😉

PS: Your english is fine, but the complete lack of punctuation makes it really hard and unpleasant to read 😄

@Nemtor said in Why don't you open a test server for the packs:

he community Support buying these packages can contribute to the game because if we talk about years of creation

Please do not confuse Alpha with Early Release, most companies do not leave alphas running 24/7... not even Amazon does that, and especially not indie companies, like Dynamight Studios, which do not have the funds to be able to do so.

With that said, this company provides Alphas every quarter which last for an entire month (that's 2 months down time), and each release has substantially grown since the last one. Sometimes, they even open them up for a weekend which they did twice during the end of last year and that start of this one.

I would say it has some downsides and upsides that they don't have a dedicated, always open testing server.

A downside that I can see would be that newer people can't immediately try out the game, but have to wait for the next testing phase. Which is probably why you are making this post anyway 🙂
    I don't know if at all, or how much that actually hurts them.

I think the other side is much more important though. The previous one month long tests, always ended with, apart from a select few, nobody playing anymore after the first few days. The incentives to play are to test out the new content and to have some fun, but since we are in an Alpha state, and most people who test have already seen the gamplay, the fun factor is not that big.

Having a permanently open server, will only lead to a empty server that nobody plays in. Even if you have some new content updates, shutting down the servers after a limited time and reopening the server for the new content helps build hype for the upcoming test much more. It keeps the gameplay somewhat fresher and helps people who have already tested the game to stay somewhat interested.

It already is kind of hard to keep the people interested to actually play and try out the next content / testing phase when they have been supporting the game for a while. Having a permanently open testing server will only make people follow Fractured with less interest.

At least that is what is shooting though my head right now 😄

@Eurav said

The previous one month long tests, always ended with, apart from a select few, nobody playing anymore after the first few days.

WOW! I love being part of the select few! Probably the only part of my entire life where that's the case. 🤣

This poor grrrrl paid good $$ for access and I'll play as long as I can, thanks. If that makes me part of a select few, so much the better. ed6b00dd-66bb-451a-81ba-dec810604ee7-image.png

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@PeachMcD the few, proud, and fractured! 🤘

• Content Creator

There are several reasons not to keep an ongoing Alpha server running 24/7...

As was stated above, test phase burnout is a big factor. Once the most recent content has been thoroughly kicked around and dusted off, many, I wouldn't say a massive majority, but many get tired of doing the same thing over and over in a limited game environment like an alpha server.

Also, after each Alpha test, they take the server down and analyze the data from the test, which is hard to do if your leaving the servers running constantly. Significant changes could be in the works, and they want the freedom to incorporate the new testing data without an ongoing stream of late data throwing off the numbers.
    g
    Running a separate Alpha test server that runs 24/7, except when the active test server is going is of course an option, however, it is a quite costly one, and further, you would get those playing on the 24/7 server who started to think of it as a full game release, and get attached to their characters, and you would have even more of an uproar when character resets happen to the game. Also, you eliminate the freedom the Devs have to run open stress test weekends like they have done in the past. If you try to run them in tandem with another 24/7 server, you won't get the stress test you want, as a large portion of the players would just log into the 24/7 server, and if you take down the 24/7 server not only for ever month long test, but also for every 3-5 day stress test, you start to inspire the devs not to even bother with the 3-5 day tests because of all the complaints about the 24/7 server going up and down all the time. Finally, in the 24/7 server, people would not want their character reset as much, as the reasons for the reset wouldn't feel as justified to them. The Test servers are the ones that need reset all the time, the 24/7 server should just be left to grow...this is majorly negative in that the newer content doesn't get incorporated into the 24/7 server as much at the end of tests that way, and thus the snap shot of the now 2 games are not the same. Think of the changes, minor and major, that have come about between test phases so far for examples of why a total reset and breather is needed in between.

Overall, the 24/7 server would end up being more of a detriment to player retention, and game advancement that it would be an asset. You would end up losing players left and right, and the actual progress on the game would slow down to a crawl.

I'm sorry but we are not packs... we are people.

I buy games on kickstarter all the time I can't play for years to come lol.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I would love a more persistent testing world, but the reality remains, most games dont have this till they get to beta.

Test should be soon, itll run long enough to run right into the Alpha 1 test of another game i am in, so this works out for me.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Gothix said in Why don't you open a test server for the packs:

I'm sorry but we are not packs... we are people.

We could be a pack...

Of people =P

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I wouldn't mind seeing a test server, post launch. Whatever 'launch' means. Full release. I don't know, but certainly not right now.

Dynamite has to weigh all of the tasks they need to do for importance. Ultimately, this is something that will fall down the priority list as they focus on pillar game play mechanics.

Once most of those are complete, they will likely consider something like a test server.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured