shitty game

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Kralith

Most gear upgrades are gated behind cities, and I don't like that design or direction for the game. I consider solo gameplay to be extremely important to the health of an MMO, and Fractured is more and more shafting solo players.

Losing all your gear when dying plus the immense travel times (and difficulty of finding your corpse) is another effective way to push away customers.

The business problem is opportunity cost. A game is meant to provide entertainment, and if most potential customers feel they have a much better chance of finding that entertainment elsewhere, well, you're probably not going to stay in business long.

I find myself bored with Fractured very quickly now: it's mostly chores plus traveling (and really wonky combat, though I'm hoping that's just Alpha). I do like the knowledge system, but the more I see of the overall design direction, the more I'm thinking this won't be my game. 😞

@GamerSeuss said in shitty game:

I saw some general complaints, many of which, when taken specifically as you could filter them into, were about elements of a game that are pretty much industry standard traits of most MMOs. (Losing all your stuff when dying, needing to grind to get ahead, etc...)

im playing MMO since 1995, in many Korean MMO games, and some western, the longest time was on DragonRaja, while i haven't played on UO, and i can tell you that the standard was that stuff didn't drop when you died.
    the first game that i played, that your items drop on dying, was AO.
    that why i liked this game, 3 planets, 1 can be full PVP with drop loot, and the 2nd is moderate PVP, and the 3rd is no full PVP or i guess its PVP with no loot drop.

Frankly, as my sister, Stormbug said, the OP is more than likely a Troll, just getting off on people's responses that feeds his/her ego while refuting his claims. I see no 'White Knight' syndrome responses...mostly what I see is people saying "if it's not for you, go find another game", "what kind of games do you consider fun" and "what would you have done to make it better, where's the constructive criticism"

it doesn't matter if the OP is a troll, some of criticism is correct like @Roccandil said, i feeling some of that too, the game was interduce as one and now its seems changed, and we haven't heard from the Developers on this matter...
    there was about 7 different post on forum talking about solo playstyle vs city\group gameplay on the game, and there is merit since the game was (more then 2 years ago) interduce as welcoming to all playstyles, i hoped that the Developers will answer to anyone one of that posts.
    maybe @Prometheus can join and help clear where the game is going?

@StormBug said in shitty game:

@insomnia said in shitty game:

But responses aren't a surprice. But what can you expect from people that are simps to the game.

Look folks, it's a troll. Bad troll. Thou must be smited! Now where did I put my longsword?

It broke, and you have to travel 2/3rds of the map to make a new one ????

@Stacy555 said in shitty game:

It broke, and you have to travel 2/3rds of the map to make a new one ????

LOL, I carry a spare if traveling far from home so that should never happen. If, however, I find myself far from home without a sword then I simply create a cheap mace, avoid the troll, ride home on my faithful steed, and create a new sword. Then, I smite the troll πŸ™‚ !!!

Heck, last test I trudged back and forth and up and down across the map so many times on foot that my character should have received a medal, so to traverse 2/3rds of the map once on horseback is nothing.

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

• Wiki Editor

@grofire said in shitty game:

the game was interduce as one and now its seems changed, and we haven't heard from the Developers on this matter...

But we just guessing, that it seems to get changed, we donβ€˜t know if the plans really changed.
    In my opinion they said from beginning, that you will not be able to access advanced crafting, if you are just a soloplayer without citizenship somewhere alone in the world.
    At the moment you can have your lonely wolf personal plot somewhere in the world AND you can be a citizen of a town. So there is already the possibility to get access to all content, even you want to be a lone wolf.

Also written for @Roccandil
    Hmm you mention me, but you donβ€˜t really refer to my statements.
    Well, i can also talk to a wall instead.

Easiest solution would probably be to have the "country" players being able to offer something of value to cities. This way they become part of the economy and can rent the use of the city facilities. Obviously playing alone is harder than playing with an organized group and that will not change, but that challenge is the reason to play solo. We just need to make sure that solo players have a place in the world.

@spoletta said in shitty game:

make

Maybe they can "rent" out their firepits near the hot farming zones? πŸ™‚

• Content Creator

I saw some general complaints, many of which, when taken specifically as you could filter them into, were about elements of a game that are pretty much industry standard traits of most MMOs. (Losing all your stuff when dying, needing to grind to get ahead, etc...)

im playing MMO since 1995, in many Korean MMO games, and some western, the longest time was on DragonRaja, while i haven't played on UO, and i can tell you that the standard was that stuff didn't drop when you died.
    the first game that i played, that your items drop on dying, was AO.
    that why i liked this game, 3 planets, 1 can be full PVP with drop loot, and the 2nd is moderate PVP, and the 3rd is no full PVP or i guess its PVP with no loot drop.

Frankly, as my sister, Stormbug said, the OP is more than likely a Troll, just getting off on people's responses that feeds his/her ego while refuting his claims. I see no 'White Knight' syndrome responses...mostly what I see is people saying "if it's not for you, go find another game", "what kind of games do you consider fun" and "what would you have done to make it better, where's the constructive criticism"

it doesn't matter if the OP is a troll, some of criticism is correct like @Roccandil said, i feeling some of that too, the game was interduce as one and now its seems changed, and we haven't heard from the Developers on this matter...
    there was about 7 different post on forum talking about solo playstyle vs city\group gameplay on the game, and there is merit since the game was (more then 2 years ago) interduce as welcoming to all playstyles, i hoped that the Developers will answer to anyone one of that posts.
    maybe @Prometheus can join and help clear where the game is going?

This is where people tend to forget that this is in fact an Alpha. During Alphas, not all playstyles may be represented like they will be in the final product. The specific purpose of the current Alpha happens to be fine-tuning the city structure system, and this go around, how the cities and nodes can be utilized together. The previous Alpha just barely introduced Cities, and I expect the next Alpha to still be rather City-centric, considering they haven't gotten Cities to where the majority of the player base interested in them are happy in that regard.

Later Alphas, just like earlier ones, will focus on the Solo aspect of the game more I'm sure. That just doesn't happen to be what they are testing right now, so those coming here looking for a fully enriching solo experience will find this set of Alphas lacking, nature of the beast.

Also, remember, being a Solo player doesn't mean you don't ever use the Cities for resources, The solo playstyle can still be accomplished by mostly traveling alone, and making periodic forays into town to stock up on those resources they can't make/gather themselves, sleep at an Inn if far from their private home to lock down a respawn point, etc... Solo play doesn't mean they are the only one that matters on the map, if completely, utterly solo play with no other player interaction was what someone wanted from a game, why play in a Massive Multiplayer world at all. I prefer Solo play myself, I want to travel the map by myself, or with a very small group of friends/family for jaunts, I want to establish my smallish niche guild so we can help facilitate each other in our solo and part-time group play, without focusing all the time on the 'community' of the game, BUT I play MMOs because I want games where other players and what they do also has an affect on the gameworld at large.

I love games like Baldur's Gate, Eye of the Beholder, Azure Bonds, etc... for when I want to play something with just me, or me running an entire party through a game. Final Fantasy is another that's good for that, but when I want to dive into an RPG, that means I want some possible interaction with other PCs, or at least, interaction with their impact on the world at large.

The first real MMO was UO, and that started the whole Corpse dies, lose your stuff mentality.
    Variations have come out, probably one of the best out now, is Old School RuneScape, where you keep your 3 most expensive items (4 if you have a protective prayer going for it) and lose everything else on corpse drop. RuneScape also allows you to go to Death's office and buy your tombstone items out for a gold price lower than replacing them costs, but higher than the death price of items if you gather them yourself. You still lose all your disposable items, like potions and food you were carrying, as Death doesn't gather those, and there are items that are destroyed on death, or damaged/made lesser on death and need to be fixed/re-enchanted, etc...

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Megalodon Lol.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Roccandil Losing all your gear when dying i dont see a bad thing about that.

Its a Full Loot game, Of course you auth to lose all your gear when dying, its the whole purpose of that.
    Here its even more customer friendly, because you don't lose your Horse.

if you are a carebear who doesn't like to lose all your gear when dying, you can go and play another game too.

Because New World is already changed because of people like you, please don't ruin this game too.

@Kralith said in shitty game:

Also written for @Roccandil
    Hmm you mention me, but you donβ€˜t really refer to my statements.
    Well, i can also talk to a wall instead.

I'm not ignoring you: I just don't like doing big walls of interleaved quoted text. πŸ™‚

@munch said in shitty game:

@Roccandil Losing all your gear when dying i dont see a bad thing about that.

Its a Full Loot game, Of course you auth to lose all your gear when dying, its the whole purpose of that.
    Here its even more customer friendly, because you don't lose your Horse.

if you are a carebear who doesn't like to lose all your gear when dying, you can go and play another game too.

Because New World is already changed because of people like you, please don't ruin this game too.

Losing all your items on a PvE death will push away many potential players. (Not even Albion has PvE death! Wurm Online does, but then, it's not a good example of a healthy MMO.)

One problem is real life scheduling for group PvE activities: you spend time organizing a party, then spend time traveling to the content, but if one player dies, resets back at base and has to come back, that wastes everyone's time.

Realistically, that's not workable for many people (including me). Albion's knockdown system for PvE worked well, and Albion isn't exactly a carebear sort of game. πŸ™‚

PvP is different, of course, although there's room for variation:

• Full loot for kills on Tartaros
    • Inventory loot for kills on Syndesia
    • No loot for kills on Arboreus

Could even vary that more: a character living on Tartaros will always lose all loot for PvP deaths on Syndesia and Arboreus. A character living on Syndesia will always lose inventory for PvP deaths on Arboreus.

That would tend to discourage all but the most serious invasions. πŸ™‚

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Roccandil On Albion you will lose durability of equipment, which then repairing them will cost you more than you farmed for the last hour or hours, and after few deaths your equipment is so broken that you can barely do anything, and then you will have to run back to the city to repair, or make a repair bench or how its called.

So overall its the same, as you would spend time running back.

And the system we have right now is not final, in the previous alpha you could make a campfire and just regenerate all back, which is lame.

And to your point, near all the PvE spots, there are houses and cities very very close to it, so you will have to run a maximum of 2 minutes to get your hp back, which doesn't even make this a point, just a thing to cry about.

And you say Losing All your items on PvE, you don't lose all your items in PvE unless you are stupid enough to actually fully die, you can die few times and when you max hp is low enough, just go to the nearest house or city and regenerate.

@munch said in shitty game:

On Albion you will lose durability of equipment, which then repairing them will cost you more than you farmed for the last hour or hours, and after few deaths your equipment is so broken that you can barely do anything, and then you will have to run back to the city to repair, or make a repair bench or how its called.

You get many knockdowns in Albion before you can't keep going (twice as many as you used to, in fact), and yes, you can also bring a repair bench with you (although the dungeon parties I was in almost never needed it). But you never died or lost gear in PvE, since all gear is repairable (and I believe you no longer lose consumables or resources on knockdown, either). Loss only happened in PvP.

I see no good reason to have PvE death or item loss. That will hurt the game more than it will help.

@Kralith said in shitty game:

OKAY @Roccandil lets forget his rude stuff, i will cut it out and answering his experiences.
    Will that be okayish for you?

Yes. πŸ™‚ I appreciate it!

This is where people tend to forget that this is in fact an Alpha. During Alphas, not all playstyles may be represented like they will be in the final product. The specific purpose of the current Alpha happens to be fine-tuning the city structure system, and this go around, how the cities and nodes can be utilized together. The previous Alpha just barely introduced Cities, and I expect the next Alpha to still be rather City-centric, considering they haven't gotten Cities to where the majority of the player base interested in them are happy in that regard.

if that true why no developer say it?

Later Alphas, just like earlier ones, will focus on the Solo aspect of the game more I'm sure. That just doesn't happen to be what they are testing right now, so those coming here looking for a fully enriching solo experience will find this set of Alphas lacking, nature of the beast.

im playing from pre alpha this game, it was much more solo friendly before.

Also, remember, being a Solo player doesn't mean you don't ever use the Cities for resources, The solo playstyle can still be accomplished by mostly traveling alone, and making periodic forays into town to stock up on those resources they can't make/gather themselves, sleep at an Inn if far from their private home to lock down a respawn point, etc... Solo play doesn't mean they are the only one that matters on the map, if completely, utterly solo play with no other player interaction was what someone wanted from a game, why play in a Massive Multiplayer world at all. I prefer Solo play myself, I want to travel the map by myself, or with a very small group of friends/family for jaunts, I want to establish my smallish niche guild so we can help facilitate each other in our solo and part-time group play, without focusing all the time on the 'community' of the game, BUT I play MMOs because I want games where other players and what they do also has an affect on the gameworld at large.

true, you can do both.... and many will do, but the game mechanics should not be restricting.

@Roccandil said in shitty game:

PvP is different, of course, although there's room for variation:

• Full loot for kills on Tartaros
    • Inventory loot for kills on Syndesia
    • No loot for kills on Arboreus

Could even vary that more: a character living on Tartaros will always lose all loot for PvP deaths on Syndesia and Arboreus. A character living on Syndesia will always lose inventory for PvP deaths on Arboreus.

That would tend to discourage all but the most serious invasions. πŸ™‚

its already said it will be like this, if it will not, then it was changed.
    and i do not know from all this new guys come from, thinking they know something.... this is not a full loot game, never was, only Tartaros is and they come here like they know something, @munch probably didn't read the spotlights from the past, and i will be shock if he knew about the 3 planets.

• Content Creator

if that true why no developer say it?

Well, for one, as a serious Developer, i wouldn't even bother checking a forum that was entitled "Shitty Game" when there are so many threads to keep track of as there is. Shitty Game just pretty much says "I'm not even going to give this game a chance to grow, I'm not offering any constructive criticism, so go ahead and ignore me for more engaging patrons"

@GamerSeuss cool, so what about the 10 other posts about this subject?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Roccandil If you don't have a repair system in the game, there is no other way.

Its a full loot game, Ultima Online invented it, Runescape and EVE perfected it.
    You die, you lose, thats just how it goes.

in Fractured, It is WAY WAY WAY more forgiving for the casual gamer than those games, because you have to get knocked down 6-7 times to actually die and lose, and to get to the point that you actually get knocked down 6-7 in PvE you have to be very horrible in this game, or stupid.

You cannot by mistake die 6-7 times, it just doesn't happen.

There is a reason to that, Because if you lose nothing when you die to mobs, there is no meaning to dying at all then, you can just die to mobs, revive and continue going?
    It will even better some times to die to mob, than to heal yourself, which is a stupid idea and an horrible gameplay.

In all games, when you die you lose something, on some games you lose % of Experience you've earned which in most cases would've taken you hours or days to get, but in here you can actually go back to your corpse, in few minutes and collect it all.

@Nekrage said in shitty game:

@insomnia said in shitty game:

What a shitty game. What incompetent retards thinks it's a good idea to give people useless gear and make it a pain to get better. You do fuck all damage as a "warrior". Yet you don't seem to be able to get a better weapon. When you die, you revive weaker, making you die faster. If you respawn at a city, you lose all your shit. So now i have to run where i was, with no gear! This game deserves to fail. What a pile of garbage. I died and have to spend what! 20 fucking minutes or so, i would guess, because on top of this shit. Traveling is ridiculesly slow. And you have no idea where your corpse is

You know what? I could have come here and responded in a way that seems caring and supportive of your stance in an attempt to get you to try the game again but as soon as you called the devs and this community "incompetent retards" that was out of the question.

You were rude as fuck to this community and the developers behind this game. So I present you with the following options.

1. Go fuck yourself and leave.
    2. Fuck off and leave.
    3. Eat shit and leave.

i have to say: i completly agree with you there Nekrage πŸ˜„

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured