Playing Solo Possible?

• Had some trouble logging in so today was my first day and looks like I have been dropped from my city. Decided to have a look around on my own. I couldn't find any build sites available (at least that didn't require gold), as per the previous alphas. Was wondering if there is any way to play alone? Not really keen on putting effort into a city when I can be kicked.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Yes, you can play solo and there are many build sites for people that aren't in cities. You would probably want some sort of companionship going to the goblin areas and such to help with killing things but it's all solo-able.

• Thanks. Am I right the solo starting places all require 1000 gold, or are there other ways to get started?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Yeah 1k gold is standard. Best way to get gold is go kill humanoids

Yeah, I'm part of a city, but went out on my own to do some solo killing of ghouls and skeletons. Not too difficult and wracked up a ton of gold in a pretty short amount of time. I will say that it does take a little bit - or it did for me - to find a good setup for soloing.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

It's possible so far. It's just harder. They are lacking NPC shopkeepers in order to make money from the extra items that you pick up and don't want. That would significantly speed up the process to get to 1000 gold in order to buy a plot. There are a few areas where you can fight things that drop gold, but the grind while alone is quite long. You have to do a fair bit of pulling certain mobs away from the spawn areas, as some of them are quite hard to kill alone. For instance, in the Goblin Hills, Enforcers have some sort of lay on hands or second wind ability that heals them to full. As a melee character, I can't actually kill them quickly enough to avoid a full heal. If they healed partially, I could, but they heal to full health every time I get them to about 30% HP. It's just a grueling slog of a grind right now. I've probably been killing the smaller goblins for 4-5 hours total and only have something like 450 gold. They only drop between 7-14(ish) gold per kill. It's possible that other mobs drop more, and I haven't found them. I just recently found my first horse, after about 10 hours of playtime. So moving around is a bit easier now.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Just doing some quick math, if we take the low-end for your time (4 hours), and the low-end for your gold drops (7 gold per mob) [basically assuming your fastest possible run with the numbers you gave], that basically means that for you to make 450 gold you would have killed one low-tier goblin every 3.75 minutes, for a total of 65 dead goblins in 4 hours. Even though I've used overly conservative numbers that would still be extremely slow considering it takes like 10 seconds to kill a trapper, sometimes 2-3 at the same time, and it doesn't take 3~ minutes to find another one.

My experience has been pretty different, I've made 2k from farming goblins so far and can take down bosses solo if I don't pull too many trash mobs. Gold is quite easy to come by. I have hit the hard cap for the damage modifier mind you so...

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@AjaxHeadsplitter said in Playing Solo Possible?:

Just doing some quick math, if we take the low-end for your time (4 hours), and the low-end for your gold drops (7 gold per mob) [basically assuming your fastest possible run with the numbers you gave], that basically means that for you to make 450 gold you would have killed one low-tier goblin every 3.75 minutes, for a total of 65 dead goblins in 4 hours. Even though I've used overly conservative numbers that would still be extremely slow considering it takes like 10 seconds to kill a trapper, sometimes 2-3 at the same time, and it doesn't take 3~ minutes to find another one.

My experience has been pretty different, I've made 2k from farming goblins so far and can take down bosses solo if I don't pull too many trash mobs. Gold is quite easy to come by. I have hit the hard cap for the damage modifier mind you so...

Some people play differently. Some people take in the sights. Some have to go afk occasionally. Some pull mobs more slowly as to take less risks. Some have different abilities on their hotbar and different gear on their character. Just because you can and have found an optimal way, doesn't mean someone else has. Sometimes I take some time to write down bugs I've found. I personally don't sit in Goblin Hills for my entire play time. I've done quite a bit of exploring.

My point is. Some people don't play the game like a spreadsheet.

Its possible to play alone but you will need a city to buy and upgrade gear. The game, at the moment, is very social and city/guild oriented.

• Ok. Thanks for the replies. Might give it a miss for now.

The focus on city is great, but I will say I do hope they expand just a bit on what a person can build crafting wise outside of cities. I don't think it should be wide open, but this - to me - feels a tad too restrictive.

@Esoba i hope it will be open fully, i think that there should be no restriction, in any case its hard to build all alone, and it very time consuming.
    there is no fear that someone will do all things by himself, and if you think there going to be an issue like that, just add upkeep for building.

@grofire
    More and more I'm tending to agree with you. Maybe have something where you have to buy blueprints from cities or some other measure to keep the city play important. I mean it would be cool to run into some hobo in the middle of nowhere thats hyper specialized in making something. Right now, not possible.

Edit: I was looking back through the webpage and found this direct quote. I think they've now moved away from the spirit of what they said was possible.

Stake your claim to free land in the open world, secure it from your enemies and start your own cultivation and livestock business. Your products will never be in low demand since access to food and water is essential for survival, especially when venturing into long extra-planetary travels.

@Esoba yes, i agree, I'm not agents cities, people should have cities that they can commune, but right now, its way too forced, there is no place for solo play at all...
    and they keep changing it, so all be around the cities, like the campfire change, now you can't go out for long time, and do different stuff, you must go back to the tavern or house.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@grofire said in Playing Solo Possible?:

@Esoba yes, i agree, I'm not agents cities, people should have cities that they can commune, but right now, its way too forced, there is no place for solo play at all...
    and they keep changing it, so all be around the cities, like the campfire change, now you can't go out for long time, and do different stuff, you must go back to the tavern or house.

I don't mind the campfire issue. There are two safe zones until you get a house. Once you have a house, you can use that for your skills. My guess, is that the majority of player cities will allow you to use their hearth too.

I ran into an issue trying to build my house though. I built it outside of a nearby city. There were roughly a dozen unclaimed stone nodes in relatively close proximity to me. I had enough to build half of my foundation. The problem was, I went a little too close to the neighboring city, and it would not let me harvest stone there. Because it was owned. It really doesn't even make sense. The other stone near me was likely part of a city area as well, but it wasn't owned. Had it been owned, I may have only had access to a couple nodes in my area. It seems like there aren't quite enough 'free' nodes around the map. And if there are more, they are surrounded by things that want to kill you. Fighting alone is much harder. And it's too confusing to know if it's free or not before you get there and try to use it. There are so many cities, and it seems like the majority of nodes in the world are under their jurisdiction. It's really a frustration to the lone wolf type of player. It will take me a while to get my house up, I'm sure of it. That's fine. But now I see that being a harvesting merchant is impossible unless you give in and join a city. And I'm betting some higher tier nodes will be locked down by guilds. I'm not even someone who wants to be a harvester. But I can see it being a big problem.

I might not know enough about this to really comment. But it's what I experienced. I think if the city nodes were actual mines, quarries, farms, etc, and the majority of nodes in the world were stone, with a small percentage respawning as random higher level nodes, that would work.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

It is sooo much more fun in this game with a group. I have tried both play styles and co-op townships+groups for the win!

@BlueGoblin
    I'm 100% in agreement, but there's no reason it can't be a little more open for both playstyles. For example, if I want to be a member of a city but have my house on the outskirts of the area. I should have the option to have a specialized area i can focus on when I'm not rocking out with my people.

@Esoba It is true that cities are being given too much importance.
    Each update the houses of the solo players has less importance.
    If this continues, the video game will be another albion online, lonely players have no chance to advance

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@MegaMegaLobo said in Playing Solo Possible?:

@Esoba It is true that cities are being given too much importance.
    Each update the houses of the solo players has less importance.
    If this continues, the video game will be another albion online, lonely players have no chance to advance

Based on my experience, you would be correct. There is also very little to do at the moment. You either join a guild or city, or you can no longer advance and the game is essentially over. There are about 3 days of content for a solo player. That's how long it took me to find humanoids that drop gold, farm 1000 gold, and build a house with decorations. I have hide armor, the best that I can make. I have a primitive weapon, also the best that I can make. I could stretch the solo experience out to a week with some exploration, but that's about it.

Currently, you must be co-operative. If you don't, find another game. This is my first test. So this is what I'm testing. And it needs serious work.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

From the devs them selves, its part of the description of the game.

"Gather resources, craft, trade and venture into legendary travels as a solitary hero, or start a settlement with your guild and grow it into the next empire."

I was going to buy the game, but after reading some comments here, i decided not to, "Solitary Hero" its not really viable it seems.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured