Idea. Holy trinity

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

you know guys a holy trinity? Warrior/Archer/Mage? its like a stone scisors paper game. i suggest to use it in this game. dont you get sick of games via...actually all of them where your class doesnt mean anything special?? you know? well if you mage and archer then the only diffrence is visula effects otherwise its all the same. and also even if you warrior its still the same cos there is a ballance so there is no difference what class you play its always the same DPS. yes sometime they very but nurf work fix it all up. and make everyone equal. i think we had enough of it. they even got rid of elemental resistance so nobody care if you r mage of icee or fire or astral like in Allods 2. why dont we make old fashioned trinity system? i wont be expaining how it works. but basacaly mage and archers work on much fether distance. like in game Foxhole it is possible to complite in top down games. so if you r mage you hit from very far distance and you are very powerfull DPS but it takes long time to cast and warrior can have 100% resist from your kind of magic. so you wont hurt him at all. and if he find you no matter how powerfull you r he still kill you from one hit, unless you have physical resistance cast. so mage kills warrior, warrior kills archer, archer kills mage. TRINITY. what do you say? every one will have their own properies. like if you wanna play for mage get ready to pain. it will be very difficalt. long level up, low physical resistance, need rare magical gear. they will be only few powerful mages on server like in lord of the rings - lots of warriors and few mages.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

That's not a good idea at all in my opinion. Not in this game. And btw the classic holy trinity is Tank/Healer/Damage Dealer 🙂

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Shivashanti classic? classic of what? 2005? u kids dont know what classic is

sure, whatever....

If I read or comprehend this correctly, basically rock/paper/scissors for all? I think that's what it boils down to?

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

lol! but also.. huh?

@boogis said in Idea. Holy trinity:

@Shivashanti classic? classic of what? 2005? u kids dont know what classic is

Classic is.

Tank, Healer, Damage dealer,

From a 63 year old kid

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Stacy555 63 yo kid who started playing rpgs from 2005. tank/heal/dd is newer version of what im saying.

• Content Creator

@boogis said in Idea. Holy trinity:

@Stacy555 63 yo kid who started playing rpgs from 2005. tank/heal/dd is newer version of what im saying.

Actually, Tank, Healer, Damage Dealer were terms used in Ultima Online, and EverQuest, arguably the first MMORPGs out there, and they had already started in use in TTRPGs before it went digital...This coming from a TTRPGer since 1978.

Your Classic Trinity was actually Magic-User, Fighting Man, and Thief (OD&D, 1974 white/beige booklet edition)

It has evolved over the years, but it got boiled down to Tank (Damage Sponge), Damage Dealer, and Support (Healer/Enchanter, Buffer, Skill-jockey)

It actually changed to a 4 part system really, not in direct link to the Rock-Paper-Scissors analogy, in fact, as they quickly differentiated between the Healer-Support person and the Skill-Jockey Support person. That goes to when they added in the Cleric to D&D. The 4 ultimate CORE classes thus were Fighter, Cleric, Wizard/Mage/Magic-User, and Thief/Rogue and all other classes were built around the roles those played. It finally really got highlighted in an actual D&D edition in 4th edition, and players were up in arms because they believed that D&D was devolving into an MMO clone, forgetting that MMOs came from D&D in the first place, and all they were using were different terms than SOME might have been used to. In 4th Edition, it was the Defender (Tank), Striker (DPS), Controller (Blaster, Mage, Area Attacker), and Leader (Healer, Support, Strategist)

So no matter how old someone is in the game, don't go throwing your age around and degrading others for being newer than you. Stacy555 had a valid argument, and your dismissal was not exactly good form.

As to the Rock-Paper-Scissors mechanical theme, no thank you, I like every character to try to be dynamic, by how a person plays that character, and if someone wants to start an Arcanist, and then unlock a bunch of Melee skills to switch-hit at times, good on them! That's why this game is built around the Pre-Set system for Skills/Spells and Talents

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@GamerSeuss ok man. dont tell me to throu my age, becouse what they were the same and i just did what they did to me first. what you saing now is if you tell me what you told me and will call an idiot and you will call me that as well and i start to complain on you. you u wanna good treatment then dont start it in a first place.
    second of all i dont say there must be three calsses in game. there must be much more (that actially indicates that you not understanding what is going on) . mage warrior archer are not classes they sort of archetipes. mages - cam be archanist summoner healer necroamncer. mage isnt calsses. OK MAN I DONT CARE< IF YOU DONT UNDESTAND JUST STAY IN YOUR IGNORANCE IM NOT HERE TO TEACH YOU

• @Shivashanti said in Idea. Holy trinity:

And btw the classic holy trinity is Tank/Healer/Damage Dealer 🙂

I'd argue what OP said makes more sense: tank / healer / dd is not a stone scisors paper situation, but archer > mage, mage > warrior, warrior > archer is.

Holy trinity is skil-less play because you aready can tell in advance if you will win or loose based on what class you meet.

This is not exciting at all.

What Fractured ia doing is much much better. Being able to set up your skill tree in tavern a d then venture out, and noone can tell what you have unless he observes you first.

So will yoh be brave and attack with rhis risk of unknown? Will you try to hide and observe tactically first? Will you pretend to be friendly to observe and attack later, risking first attack is on you? Will you run away instantly and try to avoid risk in the first place?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I have a suggestion. Make the character that you want to make.

You want to make a tank? Give them abilities that increases their survivability.
    You want to be a healer? Outfit your healer with spells that benefit a group.
    You want to be a mage? I think you get the point.

I understand the holy trinity idea. But it's outdated. We are smarter now.
    Give me options. Balance the abilities and spells appropriately.

It's far more interesting when you can expand your character outside of the
    typical restrictions.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I have already realized that they already doing holy trinity my way, I just didn't know they do. I wasn't able to explain it better due my poor English. I've made a video on this in a creative corner. Mage archer warrior is category not party role. Anyway, nevermind. Thank u for support.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured