New Alpha Price & Founder Pack Sale

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Zori said in New Alpha Price & Founder Pack Sale:

@Jetah said in New Alpha Price & Founder Pack Sale:

I'd actually suggest a 15-20% discount for those that already have a pledge. maybe push this out closer to black Friday/cyber Monday.

I went to a restaurant once and really enjoyed the meal,l i didnt mind paying $60 for a single person on a meal. Came back yesterday and the fckers put my exact meal on discount.

Can you fcking believe that? i deserve compensation for something that wasnt on sale when I enjoyed it. Why do I have to pay full price when it's going to go on sale in the future anyway?

That's what you sound like; a Karen.

not really. see food is consumed and that's it. hell even theme parks have extended sales for their season pass holders.
    karens just complain for the sake of complaining. I'm merely stating if there was a sale for those that already backed the game then it'd give an opportunity for those with lower packages to get a tier or few higher.

sure getting new people in is good but the game isn't nearly complete or ready for release (in whatever form they'll call it), so getting those already in and those from kickstarter to increase their pack would help too. this is more like giving card members a higher discount than regular members (see Target and Starbucks).

I'm merely stating if there was a sale for those that already backed the game then it'd give an opportunity for those with lower packages to get a tier or few higher.

But if you have a lower tier and you're planning to buy a higher tier, then you'd get a discount for your next purchase already.

What you're asking for is to get a discount/rebate for what you've already purchased.
    🙄

Hello fellow adventures,

Suppose I already have a package. Then it would be possible to increase to a better package by paying the difference. Is this difference also in the sale and can a promo code be used or is this only possible with the first purchase?

@Blectorn said in New Alpha Price & Founder Pack Sale:

Hello fellow adventures,

Suppose I already have a package. Then it would be possible to increase to a better package by paying the difference. Is this difference also in the sale and can a promo code be used or is this only possible with the first purchase?

pretty sure you can still use promo codes + get the current available discount.

Your upgrade also applies retroactively, i.e; if you paid 60 and you want to upgrade for an 80, you only need to pay 20, then the discount + promo code, also applies which means you're going to pay less than 20.

Very nice news!

Hopefully this brings many newcomers to the world.

The more, the marrier!

• Content Creator

@Jetah Depends upon the purpose or driving force behind the particular sale...ie the sales goals. Sometimes they are a dollar amount, in fact, that's usually the case, but not always.

If the goal was to bring in more needed revenue for development purposes, than incentivizing current backers to up their backing would definitely be on the menu (as is, they can upgrade at the same discount anyway, so its not like your losing out here) BUT that is not the driving force behind this sale.

If the goal was to bring in more players to test the game, without always relying on affiliated systems to funnel players into an open alpha environment like they did with the last test, then you mainly want to focus on getting new backers into the game. They can't just open up the floodgates for free totally, because that would indeed cheapen the valuation of what the earlier backers put forth. Alpha and Beta Access were perks you got for being a backer of some kind, and when you could come in was tiered out. They are modifying some of that, mainly because they are modifying their entire Alpha/Beta Schema, and because they are already having to adjust their predicted timetable because of unforeseen circumstances (Covid-19). The do already do limited stress testing near the end of most of their Alpha sets, where they open the floodgates for a weekend to maybe a week, but that's nothing compared to what backers have had exclusive access to. The experiment with the other system to bring people in I assume failed so they are trying a different tact.

In any case, I tend to digress, as the purpose here is to get MORE officially sanctioned testers (not just people invited in through a 3rd party portal) they are going about this sale in exactly the manner they should be from a business standpoint. Business Consulting is what I went to college for, and advising on these kinds of situations is eactly what my degree program was about, well, this and how to rearrange systems internally, etc... (think the 'Bobs' from the movie Office Space, but with a tech-focus as well)

@Zori said in New Alpha Price & Founder Pack Sale:

@Blectorn said in New Alpha Price & Founder Pack Sale:

Hello fellow adventures,

pretty sure you can still use promo codes + get the current available discount.

@Prometheus Can you confirm this?

I don't know why people would get mad at the company. It is normal business to discount their wares at some point to continue moving product. Of course it is human nature to hate yourself for spending more than you should have for something.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Farlander I experienced the same dread when I bought my Death Stranding PS4, and the next day it went on sale for $100 off. I still called them to see if I could get the discount since mine hadn't even shipped yet, but if I cancelled my order, there was no guarantee I'd be able to get it again since the DS edition was sold out. I just coundted myself lucky to have even got one, and committed to do better research on sale dates in the future.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

It is unbelievably entitled to try to claim wrong or damage because there's a promotional sale or deal sometime after your purchase.

I'm actually more concerned this may be a sign that the money is running out, the game is ?, I don't know 20% of the finished product ?,
    and we may not get a game at all.

Development costs money. The more money the better the game.

Regardless of how much money company already has.

Sales aren't uncommon either among online games... especially F2P games. They have sales going on ALL the time. It's just a way for the company to expand its player base and make some extra change. I mean, the holiday season is just around the corner, gang. They probably needed some extra spending money for the kids. 🙂

• @Stacy555 I'd rather not think about that possibility, because I really like the potential this game has and I think the devs are going a good job with giving us lots of updates and asking for feedback. I haven't seen any "warning signs" so far, but crowdfunded mmorpgs are always risky. I backed this game on kickstarter years ago, but since then I've grown a lot more wary of crowdfunded projects, since I've helped back a lot of games that have crashed and burned (Crowfall, Day of Dragons, etc.)

Needless to say I've learned my lesson that throwing money at a cool idea doesn't always mean you'll get a quality product, even if the creators have no malicious intentions, sometimes the ideas are just too ambitious.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

very good news

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

From what I read here, I may have just purchased a game that I will never be able to see. Maybe I should have read this thread before buying it :I

@Animalesco everything's fine, we got good progress on every test so far. I don't get whats wrong with the people yelling cashgrab and so on. No worries if they would have problems they would've told us since they are very open with everything so far 🙂

@Animalesco said in New Alpha Price & Founder Pack Sale:

From what I read here, I may have just purchased a game that I will never be able to see. Maybe I should have read this thread before buying it :I

what you need to understand about reading random comments is that a lot of those people are most likely borderline mentally disabled. Just read the contents of what they're saying and assess whether they have a credible basis for their 'gut feelings'.

I mean think about it, game goes on sale and suddenly it's cash grab?
    People also say dumb things like "I haven't seen much quality in the production" when we haven't even left alpha stages yet.

I mean we legit only had 3? tests so far. The first one was a stress test, second one was a gameplay test, third one was to test out city mechanics, on their very very bare forms yet people are expecting this fully polished and ready to release game.

Like I said, always keep in mind that a vast majority of people, particularly on this game have stunningly low IQ that uses their 'gut feelings' to make a decision for em.

They can't even stay on topic for more than 2 sentences.

edit:

inb4: "waahh waaah waaahhhh you being mean isnt good for the community."

Well your low IQ isnt good for the community either, if you cant handle a tough pill to swallow, maybe you shouldnt be the one playing 'alpha stages' of a game.

See you all in October test. Cause let's be honest, y'all like to moan about something when we all know that you're going to come back and test it out anyway then all of your woes disappear, only to reappear 4 months later when you've already forgotten what you've invested your time and money for.

@GamerSeuss
    but normally you'd offer a discount and free access so that those that want to continue testing.. er playing, can do so. i'm sure they need new players but usually offering a testing phase is bad. especially when majority of mechanics and 2/3 of the races aren't in. personally i would have done a backer only discount to encourage those without alpha/beta to upgrade. at least those people know the state of the build. new players may think the game is bad because of the stage it's in. then they'll refund the tier they took.

@Gothix
    i mean. triple a developers can push out some pretty crappy games with nearly unlimited funding. at least 2 of those publishers only have incremented games (COD, FIFA, etc).
    oh, and Star Citizen isn't even out yet..

• Content Creator

but normally you'd offer a discount and free access so that those that want to continue testing.. er playing, can do so. i'm sure they need new players but usually offering a testing phase is bad. especially when majority of mechanics and 2/3 of the races aren't in. personally i would have done a backer only discount to encourage those without alpha/beta to upgrade. at least those people know the state of the build. new players may think the game is bad because of the stage it's in. then they'll refund the tier they took.

Actually, no, you have that completely wrong...it is never advisable to do that...because you want to now start testing with people who haven't bought into the game at all yet. They want numbers that are not biased by previous stress tests. Lower end backers probably made a point to play in every open Stress-test weekend that came before, but this time they want solid numbers of people who haven't jumped on said bandwagon, and they are trying to appease existing backers by not giving away everything for free.

They are still clearly labeling everything as an Alpha Test...if people don't know what it means to be an Alpha Test, then they are going to react wrongly anyway, whether they were backers or not...look above a few posts where someone reacted to other people's comments about this being a cash grab, and thinking the game will never actualize.

In previous notes, they have stated that they have raised well over what they ever even conceptualized raising. They are doing good money-wise. Sure, they can always use more, what company couldn't? They also can use additional funds to improve things by possibly hiring additional workers to work on things their rather small company is currently having to put off during alpha. That's a win-win. The fact of the matter is, training wheels and everything, the state of the game right now is quite playable...is it expansive and will it keep people occupied for more than a month or so...No, definitely not, but the current state isn't meant to be at that point yet, but they have already shown proof of several concepts, as well as a very very VERY healthy respect for our feedback as backers and regular forum-goers. There is ALWAYS a chance that a game that was crowd-funded (or any game, for that matter) might end up dying on the vine, as it were, but this game is very much looking like its thriving, with a nice player-base of backers constantly chomping at the bit for every scrap of additional information we can get. a Limited color palette and small encounter area aside, they are making this game very very playable from the get-go, and only making improvements as they move on.

The studio is doing everything right, in my professional and personal opinion when it comes to this game, and as far as that goes, I wouldn't change a thing!!!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured