What are the "Optional" choices you would like to see in the next test?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

They said that they may be able to add 1 or 2 at most (if any) "optional" things to the next test.

Our options are:

1. The city market, a building to trade items for citizens and non-citizens.
    2. A first iteration of the city tech tree.
    3. Ability leveling.
    4. A proper pet system to tame beasts to fight at your side.
    5. Trolls and their encampments – several new PvE hotspots.

Which options do you think the devs need to work toward adding?

My two choices would be: 1) A proper pet system to tame beasts to fight at your side. and 2) A first iteration of the city tech tree.

@Ostaff said in What are the "Optional" choices you would like to see in the next test?:

(...)Which options do you think the devs need to work toward adding?

What they need to work towards? That's a complicated question. On the one hand, you want the developers to be most efficient, so, working on what is easiest implemented at this point in time due to potential overlap and interaction with other systems they are working on right now. On the other hand, a crowdfunded project needs income, so, whatever attracts most people with a high retention rate.

What I personally like most would be trolls and pets, but I am odd and thus my opinion should never matter in such 'surveys' 😉

Tech tree and ability leveling.

• Content Creator

I truthfully like all 5 options, but if I were to pick the 2 I'd like to see the most:

1. City Markets, it would be nice to see Gold have a use, other than just buying houses. Right now, you buy a house, then your gold just sits and accumulates if you kill humanoids. Yes, there will be City Upkeeps, but what if you don't join a city?

2. Trolls. It would be nice to see the introduction of at least 1 new enemy type, with it's corresponding new material drops and combat tactics. Trolls traditionally regenerate, so such an enemy would be a lot harder to take on.

@GamerSeuss said in What are the "Optional" choices you would like to see in the next test?:

j

Why would it have to be gold? They could set the city market up as a bartering station instead. Which I think would be a nice thing to have. Trading Resources for Resources, material for material. It would take a bit more thought and effort to implement, but I think it would be great feature to have 🙂

Great question @Ostaff !! Given how many new things they're planning to roll out in the next test, I want the 'options' chosen to be the least burdensome for @Prometheus & the devs.

Between finishing the stuff that didn't happen in this test, and adding resource nodes, city upkeep mechanic, and smithies... I just want them to get all that stuff down before adding any more, honestly.

There are so many QOL fixes I'd prefer to see before new content - #1 being a way to see guildies and party members on my minimap!!! 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏

IF things are running smoothly and they can add pets, I'd love to tame one! And some trolls for PvE and skills would be way fun.

But I really hope they'll save city markets & a barter system for its own test, cuz that's gonna be a monster.

• Content Creator

I'm totally okay with a bartar based economy, EXCEPT for the fact that there is already this massive surplus of gold coins in the game that is going completely unused. An NPC market would probably work best on a Gold/Gold-value standard, while a Player run shop, where the two involved in a purchase can haggle over things, on the other hand, would work really well as a Barter based system. The point being, both things are needed. A way to buy/sell/trade goods, AND a way to make the gold in the game more than just about buying a house and upkeeping a city. If you set up a merchant NPC to 'barter' on automatic while your not there, you would need to be able to set some parameters to any trades they might make, such as:

1. What resource your have in abundance
    2. What resource you want the most
    3. What valuation system the NPC should use when determining viable trades

John's NPC market may not accept 'Animal Bones' no matter what kind of deal is offered, because John has 8 chests full of Animal Bones he's looking to unload. He might want to buy/sell leather at a minimal profit/loss overall so he sets that as a 45%/55% Barter setting, buying/trading at 45% of the relative baseline value of leather, and selling/trading at 55% so as to make a minor profit on straight transactions, and finally, John might be seriously in the need of 'Goblin Tongues' and 'Crystalized Magic' as reagents, as he can't keep them in stock, their used in so many of his enchanting recipes he regularly uses, so his NPC would set such items at a premium price, buying them at upto 250% of the base value, and not selling them at all as I doesn't want to get rid of them.

I am going to agree with the idea of the option or options that are easiest on our Powers That Be. That is my first choice. If those happen to be Trolls and their encampments and Ability Leveling I would be extra excited.

A first iteration of the city "special taverns".... erm i mean... city tech tree.

@Gothix said

A first iteration of the city "special taverns".... erm i mean... city tech tree.

oooh.... taverns will be so fun. I'm also looking forward to having the different food do fun things, and creative recipes. But I'm an old chef, so...

8c27670e-099f-4995-8d3c-820477375482-image.png

@PeachMcD

Well, they did have Taverns in that last test, just not very well done. You weren't able to place your tables in nice rows, and we never had any place to actually make ale 😞

@Ostaff said

Well, they did have Taverns in that last test, just not very well done. You weren't able to place your tables in nice rows, and we never had any place to actually make ale 😞

A tavern w/o ale is a barn full of tables. I don't care how many colors the lights are.
    /me is a Milwaukee Grrrrrl born & raised.

f5a28d25-e364-4b4c-b62d-f9a163e6f39c-image.png

@PeachMcD

whipes his hands and starts to hand out the mugs

Now... you can poor that goodness 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I like to be able to customize my character in a way that I feel like no one else has, creating a unique build, so Ability Leveling. I am also for different mobs in the game so the troll encampments would be nice.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I actually dont want city market and pets. Infact, I want as little of ingame trading and pets as possible. In my opinion they always make a game less enjoyable. Not seen it implemented in any way yet that has added anything to any game. Mostly the opposite.

• Normally balancing is one of the hardest things to do.
    Therefore I would like to see city tech tree and ability leveling first.

Then there is more time to fix balancing issues in later releases.

• Content Creator

After the Market and Trolls, if I had to pick a 3rd option from those listed, I'd be hard pressed, as I find them all pretty equal, but for the chance to work on balancing, I think Ability Leveling would edge the other 2 out

Well, it does look like "Trolls" have the upper hand from these feedbacks. Second, by a minor fraction seems to be Ability Leveling. 🙂

Personally, on a developer note.. I would like to see their Market Place GUI. So no need to code it, just show us what to expect. 🙂

@Ostaff said

Personally, on a developer note.. I would like to see their Market Place GUI. So no need to code it, just show us what to expect. 🙂

Although I'm hoping they'll save the city markets for a future test, some idea of what they're considering (and the ability for the community to give feedback) would be really sweet of the devs.
    💓 😘

I've played games with VERY different sorts of 'market' interfaces. Some clue re where they're heading would be a lovely bone to throw us.

cdbbd4e9-5292-4ae0-aa2d-9405cac74e72-image.png

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I think the most important two that I would like to see are :

1. First iteration of the city tech tree : This is a major game system. The earlier this gets into the game, the quicker it can be perfected.
    2. Pet / Taming system : This is also a major game system. Same reasoning applies as above.

I think having a city market will be important in the long term. It helps player economy and will be a huge factor in how we all make our money. Especially useful for crafters in a full loot system. However, I don't think the acquisition of gold is nearly as important at this stage in development.

Ability leveling is important as well. But I see this as more of a minor addition in a future alpha or beta release. The core system of learning and unlocking is already in the game. I feel that there are more important things to work on.

Trolls and troll encampments are an honorable mention for me. I think they would be nice to see, especially since they would tie in quite nicely with the addition of all of the new armors and weapons in this update. I suspect trolls and their variants will be mid-level in terms of difficulty. You'd have an opportunity to balance the mid tier weapons to these creatures. They would have abilities attached to them as well, and new abilities would also be quite nice. They don't make my top two simply because they are viewed as content to me. Not a major game system. These can be added later.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured