Armor & Beastmen

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I was just wondering how will armor work for beastmen,i mean i can't think of a bear wearing the same armor that a human can wear,there will be specific race armor?or are you just gonna different models of the armors for each race?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@juan514

it has to be a one size fits all. we have full loot mechanic.

I mean they can have race specific gear. I remember it in DAoC.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I think there will be one-size-fits-all armour, but I hope there will also be particularities for each species and subspecies. Morphologies differ greatly. Even from an aesthetic point of view, each race has, in my opinion, a different culture and therefore different tastes.

A deer antler decoration is not the same as a bear claw ring ^^.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

At least until now they didn't mentioned diferent models for each race.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Unfortunately I cannot remember where but devs mentioned that there will be no race limited armors. If I'll ever find it I'll link it 😉

• DymStudios - CEO

@juan514 said in Armor & Beastmen:

I was just wondering how will armor work for beastmen,i mean i can't think of a bear wearing the same armor that a human can wear,there will be specific race armor?or are you just gonna different models of the armors for each race?

There's no race-specific armor - however, each race can craft its own distinctive types of armor. Then other races can wear those too if they like it :slight_smile:

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

So kind of like how in Dragon Age: Inquisition where the same piece of gear could look drastically different depending on which party member was wearing it, except for different races rather than different party members?

I can see that working, but for most armor I'd expect that the devs would focus more on on other areas on the game, particularly given that cosmetic items will be used to alter the appearance of most gear anyway.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

How about set armors (has 3 through 6 piece bonuses) but are restricted to race.

but you could bring the armor to a smith or enchanter to get it resized!

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

In Elder Scrolls Online, every armor piece/weapon can be crafted in a wide range of "motifs". This changes what it looks like but has no effect on its stats.

Every race starts with knowledge of its own racial motif, and may subsequently find and learn every other motif in the game. Common motifs are usually found as an entire book at once, but rarer and more obscure motifs tend to be found in chapters, and each chapter unlocks that motif only for one specific equipment type, e.g.

Racial Motifs 15, Chapter 14: Dwemer Swords

... is a separate item and consuming it will allow you to craft swords, and only swords, in the Dwemer (Dwarven) style. You'll need to find the other chapters for all the other equipment types.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@fibs something like that might be in game already. There was some talk about demon bone armor. I'm on phone now so it's hard to search - there was talk about mats that will be hard to get for beastman, but I think there was a mention about learning the recipe as well.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured