New World by Amazon - Anyone interested?

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

i am interested, but for me pvp ruins it as always.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@lyburnum @Buckykat If you want to base your opinion on rant and community drama then be my guest. 😁 If you think of that post in that video. It is not constructive critisism, it is a rant. If you name your feedback's topic "Lol New World is a Fucking Joke" you have already lost your chances to be believable and make the developers listen to you. That feedback could be great without all that aggression and negativity.

I suggest all those who are interested of New World to wait more information what we start to get after a month, when the beta test phase starts and NDA lifted.

• Wiki Editor

@Tuoni said in New World by Amazon - Anyone interested?:

@Ostaff said in New World by Amazon - Anyone interested?:

@maze said in New World by Amazon - Anyone interested?:

n MMO, in the idea of needing to have a group to do things. not having a group meant you were unable to get to high tier or kill hard mobs.

Just as it should be! MMOs should NOT BE SOLO GAMES! totally agree. here here! 🙂

Highly disagreed. Many players plays MMOs at least partly as a solo and some of the players most of the time. A lot of activities are solo oriented anyway, especially professions and lifeskills. People are still interacting with other players even they would not constantly group up. Therefore, MMO games should offer a good amount of solo content as well, even the hardest content needs group effort ofc.

My rebuttal to this.
    I find MMO's such as Warframe & runescape to be lacking in the MMO category. They do their own thing just fine. But for warframe you never need to interact with people, they are just there.
    Yeah the market might be a thing but that's not really MMO aspects to care about in my thoughts.

MMO's were meant to bring people together and conquer common goals within the game.

Now don't get me wrong MMO's have "down time" that's normally when a group is not doing dungeons or waiting for people to get online. that's when solo things are ok.

But so many MMO are more just mindlessly grinding solo that it makes me question "why is this an MMO."

We could make a thread about it but that's pretty much all the threads saying "what I would like to see"

• Content Creator

I've been playing MMOs for years. I played Ultima Online, Beta-Tested EverQuest, and I'm back to playing Old School RuneScape now, just to name a few.

You play MMOs to have a huge open, ever changing world. Some of us, myself included, prefer to 99% of the time, tackle that world and its various tasks solo. I want to see other players playing, interact with them, trade, and yes, even group on occasion, but I feel the best MMOs out there make sure that the entire content of the game can be enjoyed whether you enjoy playing as a group or a solo player. This is one reason I was not a huge fan of WoW. Besides being quest driven, it also had several specific quests/raids that necessitated a minimum number of players go in to take on the baddy. This could be ignored, if taking on said Baddy wasn't part of an almost mandatory quest chain to get past a certain point in your character development, but in WoW, that wasn't the case.

Now, EverQuest did it pretty good when they brought in the Dungeon Instances, were you could do a short term looking for group raid of a specific dungeon, but the dungeons themselves were extras, and not required in order to progress your character along.

A great MMO needs to remember there are both Solo'ists and Raiders out there, and cater to them both. If someone just wants to sit and craft all day long, they should be able to do just that. If they want to take on the monsters of the world, on their own schedule, without having to group to do it, that is also viable.

@GamerSeuss said in New World by Amazon - Anyone interested?:

You play MMOs to have a huge open, ever changing world.

Agree! 🙂 And solo content does not have to be isolated content: the kind of MMO I enjoy provides solo content with significant downstream effects on the entire world.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Tuoni I am in the NW alpha. Not basing any thing from that video, it is my own personal experience. Surprisingly its much like what is echo'd in that video's.

But you are right about one thing, people can make there own choice. Was just trying to be helpful as it is one of the more honest videos out there.

Any who. Have fun.

@Buckykat Okay, if you are a tester that is ofc a different thing, but most people are not. Opinions of NW seams to be really mixed in general, why it is a good thing to wait more information, especially those who have not tested the game themself.

I do not personally care of the community drama or the PvP rule changes, but I am more concerned how finished the game will actually be at the time of launch. No game is perfect nowadays when they release but hopefully NW will not have fundamental game breaking issues. Some testers are still very hyped and interested of the game, however, some of them have been worried about the development schedule though and that the release date will come too soon.

• This post is deleted!

@Meiki Aye. I agree. That's also one reason I never listen to rants or praise only videos. I only watch the folk that actually tell me how the game actually plays from a neutral stand point and let me decide if I actually like what's presented or not.

@Meiki said in New World by Amazon - Anyone interested?:

@Tuoni Also not everygame is for everyone. That's why everyone should - if possible - make their own picture of how the game works and plays before falling for these "influencers" that all they usually have to say is either non-constructive critique or critique that is mostly tied to them personally not liking it not really for something not working properly or overhyping it.

This is true. If someone is disapointed on one part of the game, this easily reflects to other parts as well. Meaning that also the good parts are examined from negative point of view because of the frustration in general. This happened for example with New World when devs decided to change the PvP system. One feature was changed and next the whole game was totally crab.

@Ostaff said in New World by Amazon - Anyone interested?:

@Meiki Aye. I agree. That's also one reason I never listen to rants or praise only videos. I only watch the folk that actually tell me how the game actually plays from a neutral stand point and let me decide if I actually like what's presented or not.

This is a really good point. Too much rant and I will personally pass, however, this is also the case with over hyping white knights who protect the product regardless how severe are the issues. I also like positive presentations which are objective, at least somewhat.

I have watched New World related stuff from several content creators and in my opinion e.g. Ser Medieval, Kali Gold and Force gaming are quite good of sharing ingame information.

I have watched New World related stuff from several content creators and in my opinion e.g. Ser Medieval, Kali Gold and Force gaming are quite good of sharing ingame information.

Yes. I really like Ser Medieval and Kali Gold's videos as well.

BOOM! 😲

"As a result, we will be changing our launch date - and correspondingly, our final beta test - to spring 2021."

Release update

BOOM! 😲

"As a result, we will be changing our launch date - and correspondingly, our final beta test - to spring 2021."

Release update

Thank you for the information.

And now a little vent: I finally pre-purchased it a few days ago with the Steam £5 off a £30+ game expecting it to be the greatest discount I could get before the release as It's only 11 days until the beta should have started with release a month after that. I was looking forward to it even buying the steelbook to have something physical. They already delayed it once. The first delay was understandable 😷 and not too long. But now a whole years delay?!

Maybe it's for the best in the long run but If it wasn't Amazon I'd be seeing it as one of those games that never comes out of early access and closes down quickly.

• This post is deleted!

Disapointed news but in other hand understandable, it is not reasonabale to release unfinished product. However, a year delay tells how much there is still to be done, balance and fix.

Disapointed news but in other hand understandable, it is not reasonabale to release unfinished product. However, a year delay tells how much there is still to be done, balance and fix.

I'd expect there to be only small issues to fix when they're this close to release. Then they suddenly realised it needs another year, a day after the Steam offer expires.🤔

@Psymantis Can you return the product and get your funds back because of this huge delay?

@Psymantis Can you return the product and get your funds back because of this huge delay?

I made that request on steam and got my money refunded. So yes.

A delay with a few weeks would have be understandable/acceptable, but a delay of almost 8--10 months out of nowhere, made me shiver.....

• TF#10 - CONSUL

They have an NDA that will end up being active a year past original release date. When free publicity doesnt out weigh the things they dont want people to see or hear, thats a red flag from a company who likes money. NW started out with ambition and ideals, then amazon got the license for Lord of the Rings, a popular franchise that more people would end up buying rather than a new game no one heard of, since that they pulled a lot of the devs off NW and focused on that while also pulling back the ambition and dedication NW a game that they just need you to buy, not be subbed to for more than a month. The new delay gives a 1% hope they might fix the attitude and go back to what looked good in the first place but for a lot of us its too late regardless.

@Szai said in New World by Amazon - Anyone interested?:

ard of, since that they pulled a lot of the devs off NW and focused on that while also pulling back the ambition and dedication NW

Sorry Szai, I think you are wanting a pure open loot PVP system. The devs have flattenly said there will be no such thing. They are only going to do FvF (Faction vs Faction) not PvP. with looting. So, that 1% definitely will not come to be.

With that said, I've played the game and love it, as do several others from what I have seen. The only downers are the ones who want to be able to gank everyone. The only real problem New World has at the moment is not enough content and lag problems (especially during Portals and Invasions) even with a reduced player base. The fact that they did not go ahead and release like so many others would have, says a lot about their commitment to the game.

Also, they have stated that the 7 day trial coming up on August 25th will NOT BE under NDA, though any Alpha tests they have later will be.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured