New World by Amazon - Anyone interested?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@BlueGoblin said in New World by Amazon - Anyone interested?:

@Tuoni I don’t think they have anymore betas lined up because the launch was delayed. I could be wrong, but I haven’t seen anything saying otherwise.

Actually they have planned at least one before launch and people can try to sign up for that test for free, if they are lucky, they will get in. 😉 Beta sign up

"We have made the hard decision to delay the release of New World until August 25, 2020 and the start of Closed Beta to July." Release Date Update

• I was interested, but I heard some of the alpha/beta player reviews about it. Well, whatever they call those players. I was really interested in playing it to, but it sounds like something I would play for a few weeks and start to see all the problems. So I ended up refunding my pre-order, will have to see what actually happens with it. Hopefully it isn't as bad as it sounds, but it sounds like it could just end up being a Fallout 76 or Atlas launch type deal.

ive got it just waiting for them too fuck up lol nahh but I'm gonna play

@Hilge

Another thing to consider is that Amazon/New World is not a game developer. it's their first time dabbling on it so they do have to re-adjust their business model and learn what gaming communities demand.

Sadly my prediction is that they're more likely to follow the established path of micro-transaction + subscription path already as it has been 'successful' for every other genre.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I was originally hyped, played alpha and thought it had potential. The more I’ve heard, however, the more nervous I’ve gotten. I’m not a huge pvper so those changes didn’t bother me much, but from what I’ve heard of the more recent tests the game still needs a crap ton or work. Smells like they’ll release a mostly unfinished game and try to get it up to snuff after release.

I ended up refunding my preorder, I’ll wait until it’s released and has some reviews before I think about diving back in.

@Zori said in New World by Amazon - Anyone interested?:

@Hilge

Another thing to consider is that Amazon/New World is not a game developer.

Amazon is quite new on gaming business, however, we have to remember that the developers are professionals and the company can offer all the resources what the development needs. Therefore, the starting point is very good.

• @Tuoni Nope. Hard pass here. They seem to be nailing all the wrong things for all the wrong reasons.

I predict a resounding silence upon gold, followed by no little amount of clucking internally at AGS, followed by... who knows.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Bezos is the bad guy from ready player one

I am still playing New World, can't wait for it 🙂

• Wiki Editor

I'll be playing it. I have nothing to lose.
    I played all the Alphas (other then the current beta) and followed, and even played with the devs in other games.
    I get their views, and they've made major changes since the first alpha.
    They use to have a tiered pvp like albion then scrapped the idea because it gates all the high level areas to pvp players killing it for PvE players.
    PvP players seem to jumpship before they even play games. They saw this in Alpha/beta apparently.

Town fights were pretty fun. and the Economy for tier 6+ (dev server 8+) made town fights + Economy make a lot of sense.
    The building area of towns is only so big. if you want tier 8+ items. you need to make a giant building that pretty much takes up the full protected area. you can then expand outside your town. but if anyone declares war on your town they can attack that region. while the inner ring is time gates to 4 hours once a week.
    if the tier 8 building burns....it really hurts...the resources to even make it took 2 weeks to get.

New world really felt like an MMO, in the idea of needing to have a group to do things. not having a group meant you were unable to get to high tier or kill hard mobs.

@maze said in New World by Amazon - Anyone interested?:

n MMO, in the idea of needing to have a group to do things. not having a group meant you were unable to get to high tier or kill hard mobs.

Just as it should be! MMOs should NOT BE SOLO GAMES! totally agree. here here! 🙂

• This post is deleted!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I just got into the Alpha - it sure is pretty.

I'm enjoying the PVE and crafting aspects. PVP quests are nice, but it seems as if the siege aspects have little to no ramifications. Dying as a mode of transportation is odd.

@Ostaff said in New World by Amazon - Anyone interested?:

@maze said in New World by Amazon - Anyone interested?:

n MMO, in the idea of needing to have a group to do things. not having a group meant you were unable to get to high tier or kill hard mobs.

Just as it should be! MMOs should NOT BE SOLO GAMES! totally agree. here here! 🙂

Highly disagreed. Many players plays MMOs at least partly as a solo and some of the players most of the time. A lot of activities are solo oriented anyway, especially professions and lifeskills. People are still interacting with other players even they would not constantly group up. Therefore, MMO games should offer a good amount of solo content as well, even the hardest content needs group effort ofc.

@Meiki said in New World by Amazon - Anyone interested?:

I just recently got my invitation and so far am having a blast. It's fun. There might be some things missing or being unpolished, but so far I haven't seen anything that would make me change my opinion for the worse.

Glad to hear. Still waiting my invitation... 🤞

@Tuoni said in New World by Amazon - Anyone interested?:

still interacting with other players even they would not constantly group up. Therefore, MMO games should offer a good amount of solo content as well, ev

To me, solo games are Dark Souls and the like.. MMO by definition is MASS MULTIPLAYER... meaning... not solo.

I play MMOs to play with people, I play single campaigns to play by myself 🙂

@Ostaff You can play with other people without a group as well. Housing, crafting, gathering, farming, trading are mainly solo activities. When I buy resources from a gatherer and craft some weapons for sale, I am already interacting with other players even I do everything solo. Perhaps I get ganked when transporting items from city to another and even then I am interacting with other players. On top of that even the most group oriented players wants to do solo content now and then. In addition, people do not have everytime enough time to start a group or perhaps there is no guildies/friends online at that moment (or not enough) so you cannot perform a group. Perhaps you are after certain skills from specific monsters and others are not interested.. MMORPGs are not just about grouping with others, those are most importantly interacting with other players regardless how that happens. In sandbox games this kind of freedom to play how ever you want to highlights even more.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Amazon is going to run NW into the ground. Do not under any circumstances even think about purchasing the game. I repeat do not buy the game. The developers are all toxic and will end up ruining what I suppose is a several million dollar investment because they refuse to listen to the community. at best, you'll get bored of it within a week because they have made every single mistake MMO developers have made this past decade.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@lyburnum Was just about to link that video as well. Was pretty hyped for it but its getting destroyed from the top down, really bad choices by the game devs "not mmo devs"

• I'm not happy that they dropped the unrestricted pvp, but I'll play it with my buddies. Even if the endgame is boring, it costs less than 3-4 nights out, so I wouldn't consider it a bad purchase.

@Ostaff said in New World by Amazon - Anyone interested?:

To me, solo games are Dark Souls and the like.. MMO by definition is MASS MULTIPLAYER... meaning... not solo.

I play MMOs to play with people, I play single campaigns to play by myself 🙂

Not everyone is part of a big international community and from time to time they might log in at a dead hour when there's nothing to do if the game has zero solo content. I think having solo content is a good thing, but the rewards should not be as good as the party content. Leaving aside Arboreus, which needs a major overhaul anyway because it's clear they didn't consider griefers, it's not like solo content = single player. You will still get ganked and eventually fight other people for resources.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured