Camping?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Has there been anything said about spawn camping people? If they kill you in your own house will they be able to just sit there and wait for you to respawn?

• Wiki Editor

@Vidrik
    That is a good question but i think it wasn't addressed yet. Only houses in wilderness will be unsafe if you wanna be safe get house in a city, there you should be under protection.
    You can shoot through walls now just like creatures can run through but it should be fixed and since other players can't use your doors unless you allow them to you should be safe inside if you close door.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

If I remember correctly, and perhaps this will not answer your question but it might explain some things...

A player can knock you down and you will eventually get back up, this time your 'energy/stamina' will be low/reduced, if the player attempts to knock you down or kill you again, they will be branded as a murderer and would therefore be 'full lootable' when attacked/killed.

As for killing you in your own house, if I remember correctly houses will be considered safe zones in the future, they were just not implemented in last test, I am not 100% sure on this as it was a comment that I've read from another player, as for the others, they're in Q&As.

I would strongly suggest watching the Q&As, yes they're tedious but they do provide substantial information about the game 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

So you’re not full lootable unless you’re a criminal? Any idea what isn’t lootable?

@Vidrik said in Camping?:

So you’re not full lootable unless you’re a criminal? Any idea what isn’t lootable?

depends on the planet you're on. Tartaros wont have protections outside of the spawn areas.

Devs said that they will implement short invulnerability window when you get back up.

This was said in context of being able to get away from monsters that surround your corpse, but I don't see why this wouldn't be the same in PvP.

If someone is camping you, get back up and use that short window to attack and gain advantage over him before it expires, then kill him.

Perhaps respawning in your home will get you a bit longer invulnerability window? Aka, if someone attempts to camp you in your own home, you can easily kill him.

I brought the smores and a campfire blueprint! Who else is with me on camping this nice corpse spot? I do hope someone remembered to bring the frebreeze though! This corpse is starting to stink really bad! Ewe!!! (holds nose closed)

@Vidrik said in Camping?:

I suggest to read this article, it explains how the PvP is meant to happen in different planets and how different alignments works with the full loot system.

Feature Spotlight #6

I don't think his post was about players camping. I've seen people post that critters could jump into your house while the door was closed. Wasn't that a bug? If not, nothing should be able to get into your house while you are in it and the door is closed. So respawning into your house should always be safe. Hopefully there is a way to kick stuff out like in UO. Some ban function.

@Farlander said in Camping?:

you are in it and the door is closed. So respawning into your house should always be safe. Hopefully there is a way to kick stuff out like in UO. Some

(in trembling loud furious voice) YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!!! (slams staff down onto the door threshold)

@Farlander yes, it was a bug or something that hasn't been properly implemented yet.

I really gotta start writing my sources for everything for these questions lol

I also presume that a player house will be a safe zone, perhaps even the whole yard if things are getting too nasty. Even people cannot get in other players' houses (unless you have access granted) they can camp outside the door and basically lock you in. If this is possible it means that it will happen.

@Tuoni Yeah but i'd be sitting comfortably in my house with food, fire and entertainment while the peasants hang out outside my swamp.

@Zori said in Camping?:

@Tuoni Yeah but i'd be sitting comfortably in my house with food, fire and entertainment while the peasants hang out outside my swamp.

(brings out his torch) Time to smoke 'em out, fellas! Burn it down. burn it ALL DOWN!!! Mwuhahahahaha (maniacal laughter)

Minion: But boss, we're in the swamp! His wood is all wet!

Boss: (dumb befuddled look) Oh..... (thinks deeply).....(smoke rises)....Bring out the Shovels!!!! We will FLOOD him out! Mwuhahahaha!

• One thing that helped me was rolling with a guild. we have problems we back each other up. that said i think skill goes a LONG way.

@Houngar Leaving the camping problem for players to care of is not a real solution. If there will be even a small loophole it will be abused. That is pretty standard behaviour in sandbox games, unfortunately.

• Content Creator

@Houngar We got each other's backs for sure 🙂

• This post is deleted!

@Meiki said in Camping?:

@Tuoni Some things have to be resolved in a way set in stone (game mechanics and rules) and some should be left on their own. Spawn and house-camping should definitely be resolved via game mechanics, otherwise there will be a lot of griefers that will just house and spawn camp anyone that doesn't have the backing of a bigger guild. Especially on Tartaros.

There is a game mechanic in place already. When your corpse is camped (And you must have really really really pissed them off if they are camping you after they already took all your loot), you log into your alt character on the other planets. After all, there is not very much the devs can do about camping on a full pvp location. regardless what they put in, players will work around it.

• Imo hermit houses should be safe for co-owners everywhere, but you shouldn't be able to put the whole guild as co-owners. Ten* is a reasonable number.
    How about abusing this immunity: on the human planet people should lose immunity on their properties when flagged for pvp. I assume the game will have "in combat" rules, so you can't root someone, summon your horse and run away. On the demon planet, co-owners should have immunity on hermit plots as long as they are not in combat.

*assuming your alts are co-owners by default

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured