Foundation

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

At some point one of the devs mentioned that they are planing on adding more items to the foundation is that still in the books? with the amount of news and dev diaries people can EASILY reach level 70-80 now by only reading the news/ sharing on twitter & facebook. If this keeps up by the game release every one will have level 200... would be nice to see some more tiers and items so the people who have been here for a longer time still have some exclusive stuff they can show off when the game starts...

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

According to the self-determination theory and the so-called overjustification effect, offering extrinsic rewards does hurt intrinsic motivation quite a bit. This of course requires that the task at hand does have at least some intrinsic motivation to begin with.
    Truly engaging with a community and looking forward to game release can be rewarding in and of itself. When linked to external rewards through, that feeling of something being it's own reward, vanishes quickly.

See: https://selfdeterminationtheory.org/SDT/documents/1971_Deci.pdf
    and: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/12712628_A_Meta-Analytic_Review_of_Experiments_Examining_the_Effect_of_Extrinsic_Rewards_on_Intrinsic_Motivation
    and: https://selfdeterminationtheory.org/SDT/documents/2001_DeciKoestnerRyan.pdf

BUT, if the task at hand is trite and uninteresting to begin with - then and only then - can extensive reward structures motivate people to do it anyway - which typically leads to people "grinding" their rewards. And that's exactly the effect that many F2P games - especially mobile F2P games - exploit expertly, with gameplay that's intentionally boring, but linked to dopamine-optimized reward structures and audio-visual flourishes previously only seen on slot machines.

• Wiki Editor

Got my girlfriend to start an account. she wants the level 135 reward. the fire pet. so did all the quest and she's now level 82.
    She now has to grind out by posting daily and hopfully is picked for the weekly drawing to be boosted 4 levels or w/e.

• Wiki Editor

@Althalus said in Foundation:

At some point one of the devs mentioned that they are planing on adding more items to the foundation is that still in the books?

Hmm i just remember they said, they did not plan it.
    They left it open, whether they might consider adding things.

(Edit: I was overseen Znirfs statement 😄 )

In my opinion there is not really a need for new rewards.
    I would rather like to see that they concentrate to the game instead of creating more content, that they need to add till release.
    Imagine the crying about, if not all Rewards will be given at release, just because they had do add more and more, because people craving for it.
    Would be a stupid way to make us happy 😉 😛

• There is another thread about this on the first page of General Discussions:
    https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/10159/the-foundation-d-gold

• Wiki Editor

@Razvan ahh thank you, did not see that, so my post is obsolet.
    I did not noticed Znirfs confirmation about adding 😄

@Razvan thanks for the link! looking forward to what they come up with... or even more chests with store credits would be nice!

@maze not sure what point you're trying to make... if your point is that she has to start grinding from level 82 well guess what? some of had to grind from level 1... so I don't really think its fair your girlfriend and the people who have been with the game since day 1 end up having the same amount of reward from the foundation when the game eventually releases... the foundation was meant to reflect how much time and support we have given the game... there are people in the top 100 leader board that have enough points fro lvl 400+ in foundation they deserve to get something better than your girlfriend who created the account 2 days ago and is now lvl 82...

@Kralith said in Foundation:

i mean.. they can add stuff after it's released. they can use the rewards as a way to keep people here, otherwise people may get the reward they want then stop visiting.

@Althalus
    it's a reward for being active on the forums. i dont see any reason to deny certain people who came late any rewards so long as they put in the effort pre-release.
    I'd much rather the foundation levels stop so that others can catch up.

in the top 10, i'm fine with others catching up and i dont expect anything 'exclusive' from other foundation members.

@Jetah said in Foundation:

it's a reward for being active on the forums. i dont see any reason to deny certain people who came late any rewards so long as they put in the effort pre-release.

the problem is at some point were going to have enough new releases that people who come in later will reach lvl 200 ONLY by reading the newletter and MAYBE sharing on facebook and twitter... I DO see a problem because at that point people who came in earlier and ACTUALLY put in the effort on the forums were being penalized... sorry but there's something fundamentally wrong with that... its not about having exclusive items its about recognizing people for their effort...

Level 300: title - veteran
    Level 400: title - ancient
    Level 500: title - legend (nvm, Legend is a part of a pack, insert something else) 😄

Alternative titles:

• what is life?
    • forum bot
    • if i had a cent for each post...

@Althalus
    You can't get mad at the new people getting points from posting stuff they are helping the community as well we all want to help this grow the new people are just taking any advantage they can to get where we are it's still gonna take them a bit too get too level 200 they have to be active in the community or the foundation rewards will disappear before they get up there I started leveling from like 25 or something and im level 200 now but even then I didn't really get there till i won the community actvivy like 5 time

@Althalus

And they'll miss all of the emails. it's common knowledge that late adopters can get the items faster and cheaper.
    I dont see the foundation as a means of keeping cosmetics exclusive. if they want to adjust the reward levels then that's fine but even then they're free content.
    i've read of some of the original people didn't have the daily comment to get points. the news was nothing and there was much to get points. i joined in jan '18 and could quickly get to level 30-ish. i worried that i'd never get all the rewards and stayed on the forums every waking moment i could find. it didnt take me long to get all the rewards. so if someone new showing up can get to level 50-80 then great for them.

i'm here and no on reddit or discord because of the Foundation, so on that part it's doing a great job!

I wouldn't add any item rewards for very high levels, maybe up to 300 max, to refresh the foundation since it's been kept around.

For 300+, perhaps only a symbolic (fun) title for each extra 100 levels.

• Wiki Editor

@Gothix said in Foundation:

Alternative titles:

• what is life?
    • forum bot
    • if i had a cent for each post...
    • Shrooffee Roaster

just continued 😉

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Eh, I personally think efforts should be spent on other endeavors. Thinking otherwise just seems pretty selfish/I need to be special imho.

Looks like they are already thinking of other tiers though.

@Pluto said in Foundation:

Eh, I personally think efforts should be spent on other endeavors. Thinking otherwise just seems pretty selfish/I need to be special imho.

it cost an hour of time for 1 person to create a few ideas. then another 1/2 to 1 hour to decide if they're added in and where. then 2-5 hours to get some good concept art approved. i'd say at best 7-8 man hours for 5-20 rewards. now the art can be sub contracted (which happens regularly) so the loss is much lower than what i have provided.

and they can release tiers as they're finished or major content patches so they aren't all given at once.

it cost an hour of time for 1 person to create a few ideas. then another 1/2 to 1 hour to decide if they're added in and where. then 2-5 hours to get some good concept art approved. i'd say at best 7-8 man hours for 5-20 rewards. now the art can be sub contracted (which happens regularly) so the loss is much lower than what i have provided.

and they can release tiers as they're finished or major content patches so they aren't all given at once.

And if you consider the forum a extension of the game like a mini game it adds a lot of content maybe even 100s of hours worth of time sink keeping people intrested in the fractured world when not in game

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

And then you consider the hours and hours spent to implement the rewards. Even a simple cloak takes a long time to implement. Pets? Yikes.

And all of those hours are spent into some arbitrary exclusivity? What a waste of time.

And then you consider the hours and hours spent to implement the rewards. Even a simple cloak takes a long time to implement. Pets? Yikes.

And all of those hours are spent into some arbitrary exclusivity? What a waste of time.

do you think the art team is programming? because odds are they aren't. the art team is probably creating plenty of concept art that could be added to the Foundation as rewards or to the shop (most likely the shop). that same art team is probably doing the modeling, texturing too so adding a few simple recolors of pets or mounts will be pretty easy. IE changing the fire cat pet to a frost pet by changing the color to blue and white. they could add some flair text to explain why it looks like it's on fire even though it's 'cold' like saying "there is much debate as to how this feline is capable to being cold yet look like it's hot. maybe it's beyond the technology of this fractured world to understand how the creature is capable of doing such a feat".

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured