How will be decided which group takes a farming spot on Arboreus (animal planet)?

• So here's a scenario: we PvE on Arboreus when suddenly another group rolls in. They plan to troll us (or simply have better clear time), so they attack the same mobs as we do hoping we will leave. I assume karma penalties are heavy on Arboreus, so trying to PK them is out of question. Is there anything planned to solve this kind of dispute?

PS: Could someone move this to questions and answers?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Razvan said in How will be decided which group takes a farming spot on Arboreus (animal planet)?:

So here's a scenario: we PvE on Arboreus when suddenly another group rolls in. They plan to troll us (or simply have better clear time), so they attack the same mobs as we do hoping we will leave. I assume karma penalties are heavy on Arboreus, so trying to PK them is out of question. Is there anything planned to solve this kind of dispute?

PS: Could someone move this to questions and answers?

positive positioned karma players cannot attack players (1 exception) on Arboreus. basically it's impossible to pvp good players.

that exception is during an invasion and only against neutral and negative karma players.

• That makes the problem even harder to deal with.

• @Razvan Wasn´t it stated, that Arboreus is world rich on resources and Tartaros has very few of them? Furries should have no problems and demons will probably rape each other...or one (the biggest) demon guild will absorb everyone as they will have no competition - making whole demon world one coordinated guild ... sounds terrifying 😄

@asspirin said in How will be decided which group takes a farming spot on Arboreus (animal planet)?:

@Razvan Wasn´t it stated, that Arboreus is world rich on resources and Tartaros has very few of them? Furries should have no problems and demons will probably rape each other...or one (the biggest) demon guild will absorb everyone as they will have no competition - making whole demon world one coordinated guild ... sounds terrifying 😄

sounds fun (either way)

Kills will probably just be shared joint xp and loot.

Why can't you share mobs?

• @Pwnstar said in How will be decided which group takes a farming spot on Arboreus (animal planet)?:

Why can't you share mobs?

Because I'm not a hippie. If I go to farming with my buddies, we will most likely try to do it in an efficient way which doesn't work well when other people are hitting the same mobs. I will probably not even have a character in Arboreus, but from my experience this is a topic worth talking about because a lot of people don't like "sharing mobs" and there doesn't seem to be a method to dispute the farming spots.

@asspirin
    Yes, but "rich on resources" is a very vague statement. Besides, these PvE spots will probably be of different difficulties, drop different items etc, so inevitably some will be very popular and others not so much.
    And I hope huge guilds who hold monopolies over huge areas won't be a thing here. I mean, that is one of the reasons I got bored of Albion - Mercia was supposed to be the merciless endgame continent, yet if I traveled to the half side owned by squad 90% of the players I met where allies. Two seasons before that I was in ego and same thing, if I played in E Anglia, most of the players I met were pink. Huge alliances are boring.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Razvan A good example of not "sharing mobs" would be Devilsaur leather farming in WoW classic. However, the PVP aspect is what made it viable for certain groups to prevent others from farming the leather. In my opinion how disputes will be settled on Arboreus, being that for the most part there isn't any pvp is, the players who farm at a higher-velocity win. A fortunate thing about Fractured is, items in general won't help the player with farming speed. The players choice's and combinations of spells and abilities will be the deciding factor, in regards to, their speed and efficiency when farming mobs. The beauty of fractured is that if a person doesn't like that model they can choose one of the other planets that incorporate pvp to settle disputes.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

All this stuff you are talking about are not even on the devs table yet we need to get basics in game first party features combat needs lots of polishing. Housing ability to add others on it so there isn’t a million of them cluttering the world. Bunch more that are way more important that we’re brought up in bugs list during last test.

If we had a cure for assholes the world would be a great place, unfortunately the world is full of them.

Demons will solve disputed by murder (PvP).
    Beasts will solve disputes by agreement (PvE).

Demons with low PvP skills will stay poor.
    Beasts with low politics skills will stay poor.

For combination of the both, roll a human. 😉

• @Nyquil44 said in How will be decided which group takes a farming spot on Arboreus (animal planet)?:

All this stuff you are talking about are not even on the devs table yet we need to get basics in game first party features combat needs lots of polishing. Housing ability to add others on it so there isn’t a million of them cluttering the world. Bunch more that are way more important that we’re brought up in bugs list during last test.

I am pointing out the possibility of a frustrating flaw in the idea of Arboreus. I'm not saying they should think of a solution now, but there should be a way to dispute farming spots at release (and preferably that solution could be implemented and tested prior to that).

@Razvan said in How will be decided which group takes a farming spot on Arboreus (animal planet)?:

@Nyquil44 said in How will be decided which group takes a farming spot on Arboreus (animal planet)?:

I am pointing out the possibility of a frustrating flaw in the idea of Arboreus. I'm not saying they should think of a solution now, but there should be a way to dispute farming spots at release (and preferably that solution could be implemented and tested prior to that).

yeah i dont like the idea of ignoring a problem like this until it's beta or worst at release.

i vote /rps (rock paper scissors) (but then again i'll be a demon so it wont matter to me)

If I recall correctly, not having to farm, but exploration is a core feature of this game 🙂 (it's called grinding, but still, same idea not no need to stay in one spot for a longer time, is the idea))

@Yitra
    that sounds good on paper until you have 50 guildies that need gear so you all/some head out to a spot to get materials.

This happens in every mmo. I remember I had this awesome spot in UO farming this particular dragon with my bard/provoker. I literally made millions there. One day comes along a bard/dexer who just started attacking everything I was killing. He was able to put out more damage faster so every time something died he got the loot. When he was around I had to leave and find another spot because the guy had no online etiquette. That's just how people are. No amount of rules are going to fix bad people. They will always find a loophole. The devs will end up putting more time and energy into it than is necessary never pleasing everyone. Players might as well learn that when you are in a pve area the real monsters are jerks playing other characters.

• @Farlander
    In other games (and indeed human/demon planet) you can eventually fight people if you don't come to an agreement regarding the farming spots, but the way it looks now there's absolutely no option to do that in Arboreus. For example, 2 nukers can troll a full party farming in the top dungeon and there's absolutely nothing that party can do. One solution is to have instanced dungeons on Arboreus, which are accessible to non party members only during eclipses.
    Anyway, Albion has a similar problem in the non-pvp zones: most of the loot you get is from chests, which are guarded by bosses. It takes some time to open the chest and if you attempt to do it, the boss will attack and interrupt you. Some morons discovered that you can follow a party and open the chest while they are fighting the boss (

). Thankfully, only the new player areas are non-pvp in Albion and in other areas you could PK people who did that.

Mmmm... a mini zones of influence around guild created cities on Arboreus that allow an optional rule to be set by leadership allowing only guild members to farm in that area.

Attacking the mobs if not member of the guild would then lower your karma.

@Gothix said in How will be decided which group takes a farming spot on Arboreus (animal planet)?:

Mmmm... a mini zones of influence around guild created cities on Arboreus that allow an optional rule to be set by leadership allowing only guild members to farm in that area.

@Gothix said in How will be decided which group takes a farming spot on Arboreus (animal planet)?:

Or you could buy a hunting licence or be classed as poachers

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured