Where is the news of the next test phase...

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Specter said in Next test phase:

More news is coming soon. The test weekend is being postponed to early October though. They're almost done with porting Fractured to the new SpatialOS version.

It is almost mid October, you said we would have news early October but there is nothing going to our email, on the website or even on discord...

So whats the deal Dynamite.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@islesofurth

Mid October isn’t for like a week. And even then, I wouldn’t hold devs to a deadline posted out of good will on the forums.

Do you really want them to no longer give us estimates because they can’t trust us to be adults about it?

In any case the port has taken longer than they expected, it’s nearing completion and may even be done. There should be an update soon, just have to be patient

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@islesofurth This week we will publish a post with some info about the next Test Weekend, don't worry! We know that there were few forum contents in these last days but I was on vacation and the others were focusing on the porting.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Znirf thanks so much for the update! Folks are really excited about the next test, which is a good thing. Hope you had a great vacation!! If you're ever in the Pacific Northwest, I hope you'll let your crew here show you around!

Cheers from Tacoma WA! Here's a shot my hubby took hiking in nearby Mt. Rainier National Park for incentive to consider visiting us

8df12afd-a458-48a5-a6b2-9f2c80fc7563-image.png

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Znirf said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

@islesofurth but I was on vacation and the others were focusing on the porting.

Stop making excuses, when the studio is simply bad at keeping people up to date on events that people have already payed for.

If you are going to go on holiday, then you need to make sure such events are covered by another staff member or you complete it before hand.
    You should also have provided a statement saying you were going on leave so backers knew not to expect updates.

This is downright unprofessional and dynamite is certainly not deserving of its fanatics when you act like this
    Get your shit together and start acting like a proper company

@islesofurth wow dude relax. Few projects in the history of mankind have stay on scheduled. Info is coming. This game is going to good. You need to exercise a little patience there friend.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@islesofurth said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

Stop making excuses, when the studio is simply bad at keeping people up to date on events that people have already payed for.

If you are going to go on holiday, then you need to make sure such events are covered by another staff member or you complete it before hand.
    You should also have provided a statement saying you were going on leave so backers knew not to expect updates.

This is downright unprofessional and dynamite is certainly not deserving of its fanatics when you act like this

These are not excuses, it's the reality of a small startup as we are. Our priority right now is the game, we want to give you something as soon as possible and I can tell you that we are working hard for that. We had some problems with the porting and we had to shift the schedule a little bit, we are sorry for that but we will make up for it with the Alpha 2! 🙂

@islesofurth the company doesn't owe you anything other than a finished game... they don't owe you to give you status update on when they are taking a vacation... Dynamite has been doing a phenomenal job of keeping us updated compared to some other companies... since you don't even know the difference between mid October and early October (which we are still in btw) obviously we should not expect you to behave any better but cut the rudeness mkay?

@islesofurth - now THERE'S the sense of aggrieved entitlement I'm familiar with from so many game forums! 😤 😭 "I paid MONEY! now JUMP, you lackeys, or I shall stamp my foot once again!"

So many places that kind of attitude is normal, I guess I can't blame you for thinking it would work here too.
    So glad to see you are wrong. @Znirf's reply is so lovely and polite, and you probably won't appreciate that at all. Hope you'll find someplace else to be. You're obviously not going to enjoy this community at all.
    🙋‍♀️ bu-bye!

news/update has been posted!

• Wiki Editor

@PeachMcD said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

@Znirf's reply is so lovely and polite

This! ❤

@PeachMcD we can only HOPE he leaves but from the reply I can guess that @islesofurth is the type of person that likes to stick around and be rude and obnoxious and make the community toxic...

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

These are not excuses, it's the reality of a small startup as we are.

maybe you should lookup the definition of what an excuse is & educate yourself, being as young as your are you clearly need it.

@Gibbx said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

@islesofurth wow dude relax. Few projects in the history of mankind have stay on scheduled. Info is coming. This game is going to good. You need to exercise a little patience there friend.

No I don't expect them to remain on schedule.
    I do however expect them to keep us up to date on such matters when they have a staff member who's job it is to deal with the community.
    Even if he was on holiday it is still his job to ensure that we are kept in the loop.
    @Spectre does a far better job at dealing with the community than @Znirf does and he is only an un-payed moderator, not a payed member of Dynamite Studios

@Althalus said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

@islesofurth the company doesn't owe you anything other than a finished game... they don't owe you to give you status update on when they are taking a vacation... Dynamite has been doing a phenomenal job of keeping us updated compared to some other companies... since you don't even know the difference between mid October and early October (which we are still in btw) obviously we should not expect you to behave any better but cut the rudeness mkay?

Perhaps they only "owe" you a finished game, however they "owe" me & many others more than that.
    Like many others they "owe" me access alpha 2.
    Sure they don't need to provide news of when it is going to happen, they could just launch and force users to check constantly if they wanted to play.
    And then most of the people would miss the test phase, the game wouldn't get the needed QA for launch, Launch would be horrid & everyone would boycott the game giving the game & company a bad name.

@islesofurth - now THERE'S the sense of aggrieved entitlement I'm familiar with from so many game forums! 😤 😭 "I paid MONEY! now JUMP, you lackeys, or I shall stamp my foot once again!"

So many places that kind of attitude is normal, I guess I can't blame you for thinking it would work here too.
    So glad to see you are wrong. @Znirf's reply is so lovely and polite, and you probably won't appreciate that at all. Hope you'll find someplace else to be. You're obviously not going to enjoy this community at all.
    🙋‍♀️ bu-bye!

I kind of feel sorry for you @PeachMcD
    For you to say that, you have a many years before you realise the importance of what i did. That is why you see it so often on other sites, not because "i paid money, now jump" but because of the laws we live by & the professionalism expected of companies.
    If a company does not keep its clients happy by whatever means, then it is only natural that those clients let their grievances be known, either via media or to the company itself.

Many people think it is funny to harass the person who is in fact helping the company by letting them know they are upset with them.
    Would you prefer i took my grievances to social media sites instead?

These are not excuses, it's the reality of a small startup as we are.

maybe you should lookup the definition of what an excuse is & educate yourself, being as young as your are you clearly need it.

@Gibbx said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

No I don't expect them to remain on schedule.
    I do however expect them to keep us up to date on such matters when they have a staff member who's job it is to deal with the community.
    Even if he was on holiday it is still his job to ensure that we are kept in the loop.
    @Spectre does a far better job at dealing with the community than @Znirf does and he is only an un-payed moderator, not a payed member of Dynamite Studios

@Althalus said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

Perhaps they only "owe" you a finished game, however they "owe" me & many others more than that.
    Like many others they "owe" me access alpha 2.
    Sure they don't need to provide news of when it is going to happen, they could just launch and force users to check constantly if they wanted to play.
    And then most of the people would miss the test phase, the game wouldn't get the needed QA for launch, Launch would be horrid & everyone would boycott the game giving the game & company a bad name.

🙋‍♀️ bu-bye!

I kind of feel sorry for you @PeachMcD
    For you to say that, you have a many years before you realise the importance of what i did. That is why you see it so often on other sites, not because "i paid money, now jump" but because of the laws we live by & the professionalism expected of companies.
    If a company does not keep its clients happy by whatever means, then it is only natural that those clients let their grievances be known, either via media or to the company itself.

Many people think it is funny to harass the person who is in fact helping the company by letting them know they are upset with them.
    Would you prefer i took my grievances to social media sites instead?

isn't there something in the terms of service page telling us that if we behave like this, our account can be blocked without warning, @Znirf ? or is it not quite there coz it lacks a swear word or two?... whatever they are...

@Xzait
    for me they're walking that line but i dont believe they've crossed it. they're being an ass but not enough to be banned. i'm made stern comments similar to this but i do back down after a while.

many of us paid for a service and we do expect some type of communication. if the person that does the communication is on vacation then some steps needs to be made so there's something while they're gone. pre-written content is normal with someone else doing the release or it being automatically scheduled.

i feel the person is over exaggerated on the missing of test phases equaling to a horrible launch and being boycotted.

@Pluto said in Where is the news of the next test phase...:

Do you really want them to no longer give us estimates because they can’t trust us to be adults about it?

I'd say the adult thing to do is hold them to their word. It's not like he's calling the devs names and having a tantrum about it.

@Jetah ye, i get that. but in the devs defence for this one, it is difficult to post updates when there isn't anything for them to update us on. They can't really do prewritten content either i wouldnt think, because they update us all every time a new feature has been added. We are always notified ahead of time. So i dont really see why there is an issue. they have literally spent the last couple on months doing the exact same thing... porting to Spatial OS. For me at the very least, it shouldnt be important to post an update unless there has actually been one... we can all get over it now though. The porting has finally been completed ^c^

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@islesofurth Yeah, Specter is doing a great job, he is here longer than me, and I (and all the Dynamight team) respect him and I'm thankful for this. Remember that I'm not only the Community Manager here, I have other tasks to do but, it doesn't even matter, your complaints are justified and again, I assure you that we are working hard to fix this timing problem. Now let's just focus on the testing weekends and to Alpha 2! 🙂

My only reason for being in this thread at all was to hopefully provide a gentle reminder to the devs that lack of any news seems to be contributing to waning in the community and that some news would be helpful to keep us all engaged. I was not demanding anything of the devs or castigating anyone for not doing their jobs.

@Prometheus Thanks for bring such great news!

@Znirf thanks for your reasonable reply in this thread

@islesofurth thanks for your opinion, but I can tell from this thread that you are exactly the kind of player that I don't want to run into in game.

That is all.

self entitled much?

Your attitude stinks ur not his boss.

Calm down take a deep breath

The manger will be with you shortly sharon

Iv complained too and made lengthy posts about it and actually agree with you.

But there is ways and means of asking for things being on the attack calling him unprofessional so on is not the way.

Suggestions

In future have some posts lined up every few weeks with mini bits of content, or competitions whatever to keep the forum from feeling your lack of presence during holidays

Or just make a little I'm off on holiday post cya guys soon

Keep up the good work with the game guys

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured