ETA on developer forum?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Znirf - any ETA on these? Are we still on track for the September live Q&A session for Creator+ backers?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Specter Anything extra should go on those, where it's not something that is answering questions but rather a chance to see something interesting to us. For example, if you have somebody making an asset that can be recorded, a video of that would be a great item for that forum.

I don't think you can make it too exclusive with regard to information, but for founder specific stuff maybe? So if you had thoughts on 2 slightly different looks for a founder villa, for example, and wanted to know which we liked better, that would be a good thing to go there. Meanwhile, discussing the mechanics of the game would be a disservice to trust there, because then you are giving an advantage of information away.

So my personal thoughts go, that it should be for anything related to founders exclusively alongside a few cool perks that don't detract from development.

One final possibility is that anything where you guys are stuck on ideas could ask for feedback there first, or even just brainstorming from that group. That has to be handled carefully though.

• Wiki Editor

@Jairone i think for exact these things will the Dev-Forum be.
    I also think it is meant to be a forum, where the Alpha Backer will have their say about ongoing developement. Where they can talk openly, because they are under "theirself", people who saw a potential in their Gamedesign and support them.
    Also for this reason getting early informations about things the studio want to design.
    Otherwise it would not make sense to have a closed forum. 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Kralith Aye. Agreed that ideas and such could be floated there like that. I just also see it as a potential problem for creating drama if too much is locked away, and since Specter had asked about things we wanted to see there I tried to cover what I thought would be okay! 🙂

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Jimbolini all u said is true + i would add some insights into far in the future things planned not officialy announced. 🙂 like a sneakpeak into future things 😉

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Exactly...just something cool that can create excitement

Could we get a eta now its September, and devs are back from gamescom

@Specter said in ETA on developer forum?:

@Alexian @LilCassiopeia @Eurav @PeachMcD

Prometheus wants to add the developer forum but he's so busy right now he's unable to make time for it. In the meanwhile, maybe we can discuss what you would like to see in this developer forum. Many questions are already being answered in the other parts of the forum by Znirf and me, and updates are already being posted in the Fractured news section. What could the devs do to make this exclusive section unique and valuable to backers like you? 🙂

I think the main reasons are so that the immortal+ backers have a VIP lounge that no one else does, lol.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Xzoviac said in ETA on developer forum?:

What he said! ^ 😄

@Alexian said in ETA on developer forum?:

@Xzoviac said in ETA on developer forum?:

What he said! ^ 😄

what I said < 👮

Yeah, and I did not see any info posted about the Gamescom.

Not complaining, but it's hard to create excitement without new info.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Xulu said in ETA on developer forum?:

I think the main reasons are so that the immortal+ backers have a VIP lounge that no one else does, lol.

If this was the case, it would have been done long ago (just another tab with exclusivity)

@Yitra said in ETA on developer forum?:

What could make this exclusive and valuable to me, assuming you are using sprints, are small updates on those, what are you guys working on (edit your minutes, if you can or will not share all of it, can be part of an NDA). Maybe small behind the scene video's (nothing fancy).

I agree that this should not take your focus from the real development, but some raw content from time to time would be much appreciated.

This is most likely the reason why they have not done it yet. (they know what you guys want)
    Some things they simply can't show despite everyone agreeing to an NDA.

You can't expect a random group of people to do what you want them to, where the only thing you know about them is the money they payed for your product they have interest in. Especially when your asking them not to talk or share information about the one thing you are aware they have an interest in enough to pay lots of money for. Unless there is a clear & obvious risk for the random group of people to share information, why wouldn't they happily share such information.

There is however a clear & obvious risk for the developers if the wrong information does get shared.
    Such as information getting shared before the development team has agreed on what it is internally.

@islesofurth said in ETA on developer forum?:

@Yitra said in ETA on developer forum?:

What could make this exclusive and valuable to me, assuming you are using sprints, are small updates on those, what are you guys working on (edit your minutes, if you can or will not share all of it, can be part of an NDA). Maybe small behind the scene video's (nothing fancy).

I agree that this should not take your focus from the real development, but some raw content from time to time would be much appreciated.

This is most likely the reason why they have not done it yet. (they know what you guys want)
    Some things they simply can't show despite everyone agreeing to an NDA.

You can't expect a random group of people to do what you want them to, where the only thing you know about them is the money they payed for your product they have interest in. Especially when your asking them not to talk or share information about the one thing you are aware they have an interest in enough to pay lots of money for. Unless there is a clear & obvious risk for the random group of people to share information, why wouldn't they happily share such information.

There is however a clear & obvious risk for the developers if the wrong information does get shared.
    Such as information getting shared before the development team has agreed on what it is internally.

They can ofcourse decide what to share and what not (I was only using a few examples), but if its only information that they can/will share without the use of an NDA, then it might as well be available for everyone in public.

I received an invitation to test another game a couple of day ago, but only if I was willing to sign an NDA. Which seems less more common these days as developers want maximum exposure even in alpha stage.

I don't support this game for the vip lounge, any information would be welcome to be honest. I will still sleep like a lamb if it will remain sparse in this phase of development ☺

still hoping for a update soon, ETA some news, info on what the current hold up, anything would be great

The VIP/developers forum might be a great place for us to collaborate with the developers on designing relics and the other things in the Creator+ packs. That seems appropriately exclusive. 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured