Are we able to collect water from Rivers,Lakes,etc

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I’ve seen stream twitch but passing through river doesn’t makes it interactive.

Hope this implemented on later date, that way players stop their thirst that way.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Warlunhardt

it'd be smart and would make freshwater streams a point of interest. i just dont want to see 'specific spots to harvest' like in other games.

Are you only talking about making water a gatherable resource or are we also talking about being able to walk through rivers?

I like the idea of water being a gatherable resource, which can then be needed for different things. Would be cool to have that.

As for walking through the rivers... I was actually surprised I was able to do that when playing the Alpha... I guess if they implement an actual stream / current so that the character get´s slowed and carried away a bit I would like to see that 🙂

• Wiki Editor

The Studio is in a very early state with Fractured.
    That means, we will get much polishing throughout all phases of Alpha and Beta Testing.
    I am almost sure, they will think about swimming through water later on.
    At least the love they put into the graphics and atmosphere let believe me that.
    Also there was not much Animations in the last testing phase, because proper character animations is something they have still on the ToDo list.
    But to be honest, at the actual state of the game, the right animations are relativly unimportant. 😉
    First we need a game where all mechanics are implemented. Well, swimming is one of them tho.

Maybe not only gathering but also for example digging small waterway's towards your fields and for the livestock.
    Or some pipesystem and wells, waterstorages and so on. It would be annyoing as hell if you had to carry water to your fields all the time if it needs active watering. 🙂

@Kralith

again. suggestions can be published well before launch. These are here to give ideas to the development teams, not to demand them be in the next test phase.

@Kralith said in Are we able to collect water from Rivers,Lakes,etc:

I would actually guess opposite. Rivers and lakes are good way to separate areas from each other so players needs to use shallow spots or bridges to get accross. From my experience isometric games does not usually have swimming, but I could be wrong as well.

@Tuoni

but any frost mage spells can freeze the water so players can walk on so while you're right it isn't always the case.

I'd love to see professions offer a way to make bridges of different materials to traverse water, valleys, etc.
    rope bridges that could be upgraded to small wooden plank that are upgraded to full wooden bridges, as examples. Now if they could be destroyed!!! \o/

@Jetah said in Are we able to collect water from Rivers,Lakes,etc:

@Tuoni

but any frost mage spells can freeze the water so players can walk on so while you're right it isn't always the case.

I'd love to see professions offer a way to make bridges of different materials to traverse water, valleys, etc.
    rope bridges that could be upgraded to small wooden plank that are upgraded to full wooden bridges, as examples. Now if they could be destroyed!!! \o/

I wonder if fire could dry up a lake , or cause gaps in the flow of a river

@Xzoviac

i dont know. it would have to be a lot of fire though. might be easier to use earth magic to make a bridge (splitting the body of water into two) than to evaporate the water.

• Wiki Editor

@Tuoni i am agreeing, they are indeed a good way to seperate areas.
    But swimming would fit into your idea about it.
    There will be maybe several ways to cross a river.
    Bridges are fast, but you need to go to them before.
    Shallow Water, a bit slower, but acceptable and you need to find them first, maybe you can't take carts with you this way.
    Swimming, very slow in reason of waterflow. You get a malus when you swim in thick clothes, maybe some of your equip gets damaged (Rust, Spoiling,...).
    It is even imaginable, that you can get knocked out in water, because your energy is too low.

And i saw in several isometric sandbox games swimming.
    I don't see any reason, why there should be a problem to implement swimming.

Hmmm if bridges could be craftable, then they would perhaps require same placeholders like houses need, which would again limit where you can place them, which would take most fun out of it.

Unless bridge could be placed anywhere, I'd rather we have fixed bridges, and nothing else.

If bridge could be crafted absolutely anywhere, then i see possibility of crafting one as a fun thing.

@Jetah said in Are we able to collect water from Rivers,Lakes,etc:

@Tuoni

It is okay that some spells can freeze water and hopefully we can see a lot of that spells will interact with environment.

Something like this would be nice.

@Kralith I am not actually against swimming, but I would more like to see rivers and lakes separating areas from each other and creating bottle necks for combat situations for example. If swimming will be implemented, I still hope there will be points, which are too deep or there is too strong current for swimming.

all of this about bridges, which would be neat, why dont we want boats of varying sizes?

small kayaks, small flat boats, medium sized sailboats to large ships! smallest is a 1 seater, then 2-5 (could be different designs), up to transports specifically designed to move transportation animals.

Boats as a future expansion could be cool (although I'd rather see an underground world first!). 🙂

@Kralith I did a LOT of swimming while playing DDO and another freeware sandbox game. I was always amazed that my pc didn't get exhausted LOL 😜 💪

@PeachMcD said in Are we able to collect water from Rivers,Lakes,etc:

@Kralith I did a LOT of swimming while playing DDO and another freeware sandbox game. I was always amazed that my pc didn't get exhausted LOL 😜 💪

water cooled while swimming \o/

humans have tech, so it's possible they could create SCUBA or something similar. the Beast and Demons could just have longer holding breath timers.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Warlunhardt said in Are we able to collect water from Rivers,Lakes,etc:

I’ve seen stream twitch but passing through river doesn’t makes it interactive.

Hope this implemented on later date, that way players stop their thirst that way.

For simplicity, we decided to rule out water as a resource; it is something that we will probably add in the future.

@Kralith said in Are we able to collect water from Rivers,Lakes,etc:

You won't ever be able to scuba dive, but most likely we will implement the possibility to swim at the surface for crossing rivers. (It will also depend on what you're wearing).

@Znirf

leather could be turned into water skins. we have the survival aspect already. water could be used to put out fires (caused by player). Imagine putting a player whos on fire out!

I'd love to see scuba dive (full underwater) exploration at some point. there are plenty of resources a character could access underwater. an expansion that adds underwater would be pretty sweet. ArcheAge did underwater pretty well, maybe some inspiration could be taken from it. the Navel part was neat too.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured