Several questions, please help.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hey, I am a long time ultima online and league of legends player with several question about Fractured.

Sorry if these have been answered else where, I have some partial answers to some of these but I am seeking to enlighten myself fully about Fractured.

MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS
    Is Fractured looking to hire remote programmers fresh outa college with a BA in computer science?

1 -Will there be house decaying. Or in other words "in danger of collapsing"(idoc) houses?
    example: in ultima online people can place houses in the open world as it appears to be the case in fractured. In ultima online when a player who owned a house quits the game or does not return to that house in 1 month, the house will collapse. To be more clear over the course of a month the house would decay if untouched by the owner(or co owners/friends). You could click a house sign and see if it was (like new, slightly worn, somewhat worn, fairly worn, greatly worn, or in danger of colapsing). This would result in all the storage containers in that house falling to floor for other players to find and recover.

This system was the most genius housing feature of all time. It ended up being huge wars between guilds over all the houses and loots from idoc housing. People would search the world for house that were about to colapse and it become funner then all the other features for everyone. It was always server wide events and massive wars.

2 -Is the pvp like league of legends?
    Meaning you click to walk, click enemy player (or target) to auto attack, and target player with abilities and skill shots?

3 -Is there recalling spells, or gate travel spells.
    (These are fast travel options that allow you to "mark" a location and then return to that location later via recall(return alone) or gate travel(open a portal to the spot that other can enter)?

4 -How many people can be on a world at once? Is it some insanely large number due to spacialOS? Does that mean huge hundred people wars?

General questions:
    -What type of activities will you be able to do in Fractured? besides Crafting, PvE, PvP and Town related stuff.
    For example: will there be stuff like gambling (poker against other players?) or fishing and boat wars, or digging up treasure maps, or stealing from players and shops and dungeons?

-Is there any specific special PvP, PvE, or Crafting activities.
    For example: faction fighting, guild wars, monster bosses, monster city raids, rare crafting recipes that you have to find a scroll to learn? Stuff of that nature?

-Will there be all sorts of items?
    (weapons, armors, clothings, house decorations, currencies, rare items, ect)

-Can you drag an item out of your player inventory and set it on the floor? Trade with other players? Are there items only wearable by certain races?

-How many characters can you have? How many accounts can you have?

-Is there a bank or private inventory? If so is it per character or shared across accounts?

-How in depth will the create a character options be?

-What happens when you die? Do you become a ghost and run around to look for a healer or player to resurrect you? (please yes)

PvP: Combat Questions:
    -Can you click on a player and drag their health bar and place it somewhere on your screen so you can heal your allies or target your enemys?

-Will there be targeting hotkeys such as "set last target" and "get closest" target hotkeys?
    For example:
    Set last target allows you to select a health bar of an enemy so your non skill shot attack spells attack the chosen player.
    Get closest allows you select the closest hostile target on your screen and sets it to last target.

-Will gear affect pvp or will it be purely for looks?

-Will you be able to loot other players corpses? Only on the human and demon planets?

-Will there be blessed clothing items like robes. Or other blessed items?
    (Blessed means they stay with you after you die and not on your corpse to be looted)?

-On the human and demon worlds you can "loot" meaning take the dead players items they had in their inventory?

-will there be faction fighting?
    (players join one of a few teams in the world and fight over sigals or territories or for rares via kill points of other factions..ect)

-The flagging systems sound very much like ultima online. Is that correct?
    (you can choose to attack anyone and any time, if they are criminal or murderer you remain innocent, if they are innocent you become criminal?) If so how long is the criminal timer? This only applys to the human and demon world? and the human world has consequences?

-Will there be a bounty system to hunt down other players?

PvE: Monsters/Mounts/Animals
    -How many different monster types will there be?

-Will there be dungeons?

-Will there be boss-like monsters?

-Will monsters drop items such as rares, resources, gold, armors, weapons, ect? How will you collect these items off a corpse or off the ground or auto split between those who participated?

-Will there be mounts? Will they be tamable?

-Will you be able to use all the abilities while on a mount? (please yes)

-Will mounts have different movement speeds? (please no)

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@WhiteLotus

News from a number of FEATURE SPOTLIGHT and translations especially for you:

1. Race+(RUS, ITA, DE, FRA) (There are not a lot of lore)
    2. World's+(RUS, ITA, FRA)
    3. Knowledge System+(RUS, ITA, DE, FRA )
    4. Skills&Spells Galore+(RUS, ITA, FRA)
    5. Character+(RUS, ITA, DE, FRA)
    6. Karma+(RUS, ITA, FRA)
    7. Towns, Governors&Politics+(RUS, ITA, DE)

Here are most of the answers to your current and future questions

๐‡๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐จ ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐, ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ (๐ข๐ง๐Ÿ๐จ).

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@WhiteLotus said in Several questions, please help.:

Hey, I am a long time ultima online and league of legends player with several question about Fractured.

Sorry if these have been answered else where, I have some partial answers to some of these but I am seeking to enlighten myself fully about Fractured.

MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS
    Is Fractured looking to hire remote programmers fresh outa college with a BA in computer science?

1 -Will there be house decaying. Or in other words "in danger of collapsing"(idoc) houses?
    example: in ultima online people can place houses in the open world as it appears to be the case in fractured. In ultima online when a player who owned a house quits the game or does not return to that house in 1 month, the house will collapse. To be more clear over the course of a month the house would decay if untouched by the owner(or co owners/friends). You could click a house sign and see if it was (like new, slightly worn, somewhat worn, fairly worn, greatly worn, or in danger of colapsing). This would result in all the storage containers in that house falling to floor for other players to find and recover.

This system was the most genius housing feature of all time. It ended up being huge wars between guilds over all the houses and loots from idoc housing. People would search the world for house that were about to colapse and it become funner then all the other features for everyone. It was always server wide events and massive wars.

2 -Is the pvp like league of legends?
    Meaning you click to walk, click enemy player (or target) to auto attack, and target player with abilities and skill shots?

3 -Is there recalling spells, or gate travel spells.
    (These are fast travel options that allow you to "mark" a location and then return to that location later via recall(return alone) or gate travel(open a portal to the spot that other can enter)?

4 -How many people can be on a world at once? Is it some insanely large number due to spacialOS? Does that mean huge hundred people wars?

General questions:
    -What type of activities will you be able to do in Fractured? besides Crafting, PvE, PvP and Town related stuff.
    For example: will there be stuff like gambling (poker against other players?) or fishing and boat wars, or digging up treasure maps, or stealing from players and shops and dungeons?

-Is there any specific special PvP, PvE, or Crafting activities.
    For example: faction fighting, guild wars, monster bosses, monster city raids, rare crafting recipes that you have to find a scroll to learn? Stuff of that nature?

-Will there be all sorts of items?
    (weapons, armors, clothings, house decorations, currencies, rare items, ect)

-Can you drag an item out of your player inventory and set it on the floor? Trade with other players? Are there items only wearable by certain races?

-How many characters can you have? How many accounts can you have?

-Is there a bank or private inventory? If so is it per character or shared across accounts?

-How in depth will the create a character options be?

-What happens when you die? Do you become a ghost and run around to look for a healer or player to resurrect you? (please yes)

PvP: Combat Questions:
    -Can you click on a player and drag their health bar and place it somewhere on your screen so you can heal your allies or target your enemys?

-Will there be targeting hotkeys such as "set last target" and "get closest" target hotkeys?
    For example:
    Set last target allows you to select a health bar of an enemy so your non skill shot attack spells attack the chosen player.
    Get closest allows you select the closest hostile target on your screen and sets it to last target.

-Will gear affect pvp or will it be purely for looks?

-Will you be able to loot other players corpses? Only on the human and demon planets?

-Will there be blessed clothing items like robes. Or other blessed items?
    (Blessed means they stay with you after you die and not on your corpse to be looted)?

-On the human and demon worlds you can "loot" meaning take the dead players items they had in their inventory?

-will there be faction fighting?
    (players join one of a few teams in the world and fight over sigals or territories or for rares via kill points of other factions..ect)

-The flagging systems sound very much like ultima online. Is that correct?
    (you can choose to attack anyone and any time, if they are criminal or murderer you remain innocent, if they are innocent you become criminal?) If so how long is the criminal timer? This only applys to the human and demon world? and the human world has consequences?

-Will there be a bounty system to hunt down other players?

PvE: Monsters/Mounts/Animals
    -How many different monster types will there be?

-Will there be dungeons?

-Will there be boss-like monsters?

-Will monsters drop items such as rares, resources, gold, armors, weapons, ect? How will you collect these items off a corpse or off the ground or auto split between those who participated?

-Will there be mounts? Will they be tamable?

-Will you be able to use all the abilities while on a mount? (please yes)

-Will mounts have different movement speeds? (please no)

@WhiteLotus Greetings! Many of your questions are too specific and the game is in early development stages, so there aren't that mant answers to give to you.

1. I believe I've read somewhere that should one player abandon a building, it can become a derelict and be occupied by monsters, it then can be found by another player, who can clear out the monsters, renovate the building and claim it.

2)Yes, the game behaves like a typical arpg/MOBA during combat.

The rest, as far as I'm aware, is too early in development to know.

1. yes. that's why the Carpenter NPC is needed.
    2. yes. i'm not sure about auto-attacks but skills need to be aimed and people walking between the projectile and the target will take damage instead of your intended target.
    3. there are fast travel but not in a hearthstone WoW type..
    4. we dont know.

General

1. the game is a sandbox. you create content. you figure out what you want to do.
    2. not that i'm aware of.
    3. yes.
    4. I dont think items can exist on the ground, I assume a trade UI. but you can kill someone and take their stuff!
    5. starts with 3, then you can purchase more.
    6. bank per character (i assume) but it's separate per location. So bank in starting zone wont be the same content in another city. (it's similar to Eve Online).
    7. game is isometric so there wont be many options.
    8. you spawn and hope your gear wasn't taken.

PvP

1. dont know. it's a moba style game so you'll have to aim at the low HP player to heal them.
    2. nope, again active target, nothing passive like WoW.
    3. all gear is pvp gear because the game is pvp based
    4. you'll lose karma if you take gear (assuming only possible on human and demon planets).
    5. i hope not. i dont want any safety in the game.
    6. full loot on 2 planets!
    7. yes, it's a sandbox and conflict has to happen. cities can be captured!
    8. it's based mostly on Karma.
    9. any player can create a website for that, not sure if it'll exist in game.

PvE

1. dont know
    2. yes and raids
    3. yes
    4. resources mostly. vary few item drop
    5. mounts yes, tameable may come later.
    6. dont know
    7. dont know

I highly suggest read the https://fracturedmmo.com/news/ section. quite a bit of information there.

1.) Houses do decay, but not extremely fast, it takes about 1-2h of time investment per week (subject to change ofc) to maintain your house. The carpenter npc can do the work for you ( you still need to provide it with the necessary items though ). The carpenter npc will be available to get in game.

2.) The combat is arpg / moba influenced. Everything has to be aimed at the target (although for auto attacks you can attack in a direction using right click without aiming at a target)

3.) There are some small "teleportation" speels, but nothing that would serioulsy improve ur travel time. There are however gates on the planets which can teleport you to a place on the same planet or to another planet. They are not easily accessible though.

4.) One Planet = One Map with nothing ( well probably the labyrinth ) instantiated. So everyone on that one planet is on the same world / map. How many it actually can hold remains to be seen.

#Edit: Just read a response from Jacopo; seems like every continent instead of planet will be instantiated:

"The initial idea was for planets to be open worlds - so you'd walk on bridges without loading screens ๐Ÿ™‚ However, there may be technical limitations to that, so it may be that you'll have to reach a dock or a bridge and get teleported to the other continent.That won't be a way to fast travel anyway - you leave from one point of continent A and end up on a point of continent B, can't choose where to go."

General:

1.) Since it is a sanbox game, if you as a player create it nothing stands against you holding a poker tournament ๐Ÿ˜› fishing and naval transportation / battle are something considered to be added as a patch sometime after the release.

2.) While there are no factions you have the everlasting conflict between Humans and Demons, where during the Eclipse Demons get "free" access to the human planet. If you are up for a challange you can of course also visit the Beastman planet for pvp ๐Ÿ˜‰ You have to learn almost all recipes, and some of them will obviously be very rare and hard to obtain; same goes for skills.

3.) Yesh

4.) I donยดt think you can just place anything on the ground ๐Ÿค” Trade is something I donยดt really know much about and I guess apart from costumes... well and maybe some tools and the humand steampunk stuff?... I donยดt expect items to be reace restricted.

5.) You start with 3? ( I donยดt know but I shall belive Jetah ๐Ÿ˜„ ) and I think with the Pledge Packs (Knight Packge) you can gain an additional 6 slots, so at least 9 characters per account should be possible. You are allowed to have multiple accounts I think

6.) You have no "world wide" bank, but I donยดt know if the individual banks are shared accross your account or not.

7.) Currently we only have a few faces / beards and colors to choose from. The advanced character creation stretch goal has been reached, so there will be coming more, but donยดt expect anything like BDO, Blade and Soul etc.

8.) If you die you can respawn at your house, maybe the nearest town, maybe in any town ur guild owns, and then you can run back to your corpse and if nobody looted it you can retreive your items from your corpse.

PVP:

1.) I am pretty sure you have to aim at the player

2.) I donยดt think so

3.) There is differentiation between PvP / PvE gear

4.) If you have Alignment Good I guess you can loot the corpses of players with Evil Alignment. With Neutral and Evil Alignment you can loot any corpse ( even on Arboreus )

5.) I donยดt think so

6.) You can take the items they had in their inventory and items they are wearing... everything.

7.) There are no factions

8.) I have not played UO so I donยดt know

9.) Probably not on release, but could be something to be added later on

PvE:

1.) For Alpha 1 Test 2 they had planned around 30? or so different monsters so... we will see how many we get until release.

2.) Yes

3.) Yes

4.) Monster do drop craft - items and actual items ( rare ) yes. Not sure on who can loot what.

5.) There are different mounts yes. Tamable mounts... maybe sometime after release

6.) I think there is no planned mount combat

7.) I donยดt know ๐Ÿ˜ž

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Thank you all for the wealth of information!

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured