Higher Tier Funding Ideas

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Hello Folks

We have now reached Animal Taming at 180k Euro for donations. I have noticed however that there are no more stretch goals beyond that.

I personally think we should 'suggest' a few new tiers of goals for things to be added in.

Here are a few suggestions:

$190,000 Euro Donation Level: Guild Customization Features such as: Guild Gates. (These Guild Gates will allow you to teleport within your realm only. There are 3 continents per planet right?) Also Add-in: Guild Weapon Of Choice (Bonuses using this weapon type) Add In: Guild Bank Tabs (Purchasable with In Game Gold), Customizable House Signs for Merchants (Or just add in some defaults),

$200,000 Euro Donation Level: Guild Animal Stables For Mounts/Pets. Allows Access to your mounts in 'Any" player governor city in your guild that is in the same realm (of the 3 continents)

$210,000 Euro Donation Level: Access To Crafting Outfits. Gain Crafting Bonuses and/or Return Resource Bonuses while Equipping Items such as : Blacksmith's Apron,Hat,Boots, So forth. This can apply to various other crafting classes as well.

250,0000 Euro Donation Level: Access to "Wonders" .. Large Unique Buildings which take an Enormous amount of resources which can then be placed in your Cities which give 'various' bonuses/benefits or unlocks certain crafting tiers.

These are of course just a few thoughts.. but why not eh?... We are far too early to claim funding victory here. Let us keep pushing for more!

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Well, I'd have to say out of all of your suggestions, I like the 190,000 one as long as they keep it so that you can teleport only naked, as they said previously and not be able to transport any sort of materials/items with you.

I don't like the other ones, simply because I see far too many ways for them to be abused and become overpowered/create power monopolies, or simply make the game too ridiculously easy.

I have to say I'm against the idea of additional new stretch goals. The feature creep is a problem that slows down development and I would rather have them finish the game with the current plans and then consider new features after the release.

• I'm against the guild gates. Part of the challenge of owning a lot of territory as a guild should be the logistics of moving resources and players around, and anything that circumvents that only serves to make powerful guilds even stronger.

@VyrVandalous said in Higher Tier Funding Ideas:

$210,000 Euro Donation Level: Access To Crafting Outfits. Gain Crafting Bonuses and/or Return Resource Bonuses while Equipping Items such as : Blacksmith's Apron,Hat,Boots, So forth. This can apply to various other crafting classes as well.

Something like this would be cool. Crafting gear and tools would spice up a little bit crafting processes. Maybe some crafting equipment is also needed to craft certain products.

In Albion there is also gathering gear sets for different professions (like miner, quarrier, lumberjack, skinner..). You get some passive bonus gathering stats, gathering abilities and defensive skills, but you will become much weaker in combat. I am not personally a huge fan of gathering gear, but I know that people who like specialize to gathering could be interested.

250,0000 Euro Donation Level: Access to "Wonders" .. Large Unique Buildings which take an Enormous amount of resources which can then be placed in your Cities which give 'various' bonuses/benefits or unlocks certain crafting tiers.

This sounds interesting idea. It could be a long project which needs a lot of effort from the whole guild and/or citizens of that city.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Rofus said in Higher Tier Funding Ideas:

I have to say I'm against the idea of additional new stretch goals. The feature creep is a problem that slows down development and I would rather have them finish the game with the current plans and then consider new features after the release.

This was my thought as well. I'd rather the team focus on the game than continue to add features.

It seems as though they don't expect the Labyrinth levels to add much to the workload having added one as a stretch goal every 20K. So, add Level 5 at 190K, and that's it for that aspect.

Maybe something minor at 200K - Dyes? From then on out, set the goals at an additional 50K. (250,300,350, etc.)

This leaves the carrot on the stick, without overburdening the donkey.

Ye, people are hyped enough already as it is. Probably look at adding more goals when the game is basically complete. The devs should be focused on getting the game out there rather than adding 30+ side quests they need to do in amongst their main story of game development and implementation.

@Xzait said in Higher Tier Funding Ideas:

Ye, people are hyped enough already as it is. Probably look at adding more goals when the game is basically complete. The devs should be focused on getting the game out there rather than adding 30+ side quests they need to do in amongst their main story of game development and implementation.

but we've already mentioned future stretch goals could be released after release. cosmetic rewards are much easier to do and they could eventually sell them if they aren't exclusive to crowdfund backers.

@VyrVandalous said in Higher Tier Funding Ideas:

We are far too early to claim funding victory here. Let us keep pushing for more!

That is the spirit. Adding reasonable stretch goals with proper planning is the key for success.

@Tuoni ty dude

i'm glad that someone 'gets it'

• Good ideas.

• This post is deleted!

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I was about to say something snarky but... I need to remember that many people have only partial information on what this game is right now, and have idealist views of how it will or can evolve, and that I used to be a kid with a wild imagination too.

Suffice to say, some of these stretch goals won't just be bonus content - they'll be fundamental changes to spheres of gameplay. "Wonders", for instance, would become the new cornerstone by which successful towns or guilds were measured and would revolutionize everything from basic game economics to siege psychology.

honestly i feel like the stretch goal came to a satisfying end. Just the right amount of stuff right now. some of the ideas are not bad but they would add a lot of effort into getting them to work. there is also content overload that could happen and just make stuff feel clustered right away.

So I had a good idea and was looking for this thread yesterday!

DS could sell cosmetic tokens for a price range. Meaning they could offer a bronze helm token which could be traded for a helm cosmetic between 1-5$. Then a Silver token that exchanges for 5-10$. a Gold that exchanges for 10-15$ and a Platinum that exchanges for 15-30$. [note cash amounts are made up].

This would allow DS to presell cosmetics but not worry about someone not liking a specific concept art that looked different, but could select a item from a price range. Sure some people will just exchange for the highest priced item.

The idea hit me when I thought about WoW dropping raid tier token instead of class and spec items (which use to drop). This allows the player to decide which spec to exchange the token for.

DS could sell:

Helm
    Shoulder
    Chest
    Arm/Glove
    Pants
    Boots
    Armor Set
    Range Spell (changes a boring fireball into a burning skull as an example)
    Melee Spell/ability (changes a Paralying punch into voodoo needles, similar to WoW Monk Paralysis image)
    Weapon (could be specific or all inclusive. Meaing it could be Staff cosmetic or any weapon, whether you can equip it or not.)
    Weapon FX (separate from weapon skins)
    Mount (I want a spider mount!)
    Pet (could be specific to combat or could be both combat and non-combat)
    Housing items (which might be too broad. chairs, tables, paintings, Beaskin rug, light sources, etc)
    Houses (this could be cheap 20$ designs to 500$ designs!)
    Character Slot
    (bank slots? Ideally, DS will copy Path of Exile and offer tabs for sale. They'd also offer tabs for specific items, such as crafting materials.)

They could offer player character/Race skin alternatives too! IE The Lich might be boring but they could sell a Steampunk Lich! I'd love an Undead option for Demons a la Overlord (anime).

I believe lower cost cosmetic items would bring in a good chunk of cash. Right now the pledge pack is a one and done thing. They could still sell unique items (the design of said item), unique mobs (the design), etc.

@Jetah the same is achieved by simply starting to sell standard cash shop currency (which already exists - Dynamight gold). No special extra tokens need to be created. 😉

You can use Dynamight gold to buy anything in cash shop.

@Gothix
    why would i buy DG now? the tokens could give a small discount. you could gift them.

unless DG is selling less than it will in retail then people wont buy it.

Free gifting of CS items (without any limitations) can lead to P2W.

$$ -> CS items -> sell to other players for gold

I hope there will be no "gifting", or at least that gifting will be limited to like 1 item per week/month or something like that.

@Gothix said in Higher Tier Funding Ideas:

Free gifting of CS items (without any limitations) can lead to P2W.

$$ -> CS items -> sell to other players for gold

I hope there will be no "gifting", or at least that gifting will be limited to like 1 item per week/month or something like that.

free people, those with plenty of time, need a way to get cosmetics. it's the only way the game will survive. You can see Warframe pre-post free to play for an example. there's going to be p2w, you and DS can't stop it unless they stop all trading.

warframe allows a player to trade items for plat, that plat can buy stuff from the cash shop. since Fractured's store will all cosmetic (and some convenience) then it can allow someone who has time to buy cosmetics. it could be possible for DS to track the items being traded.

they have already mentioned in the post that they wont be doing any more stretch goals and I'm okay with that... we don't this turning into another star citizen or chronicles of elyria with feature creep...

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured