Renaming of High Quality Items Suggestion

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Something that would be awesome to have in Fractured, is the ability to rename an item that a player crafts if it is a very high quality. I am uncertain what Fractured plans to do when it comes to quality in Fractured crafting, but it would be something harmless that could be added to the game to give it just a little more depth. Allowing the Highest quality to get a description or more unique appearance could be rather awesome as well. For the custom appearance, perhaps there could be a RNG roll from a set selection of skins for that particular item.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I don't know about renaming the item, but I'm okay with having the crafter's name branded in the item's description.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Belligero said in Renaming of High Quality Items Suggestion:

I don't know about renaming the item, but I'm okay with having the crafter's name branded in the item's description.

I agree - giving the players the ability to name items can be immersion breaking, especially with the ability to create inappropriate names. Having the crafter's name in the item details would be a good way to let people know who created it.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

So far, items haven't had quality in Alpha, and I haven't heard anything about a quality system (other than having rarer items to craft with), but the ability to name very rare items -would- be cool. 🙂

@Scarlet There won´t be any quality / tier system for crafting / gear in Fractured. Everything has the same quality, there are however still rare items (e.g. hard to get resources and recipes).

Here is a comment from @Prometheus about this:

"The item system of Fractured strongly empathizes equipment replaceability, so the average armor or weapon will be made of common materials and it will be easy for a player to craft a whole new set if he loses his own - or to buy it from another player, of course. The geographic distribution of resources will play a big role in this - a material might be common in a region of Tartaros but "rare" for you because you live on Syndesia and hell there are really a few merchants who dare to go THERE to trade or gather - and if they do bring back some, they sell it at 20 times the price it's found at the local market. That being said, there will be bosses, rare resources and rare items, but they are not the core of progression in Fractured. You aim will be to learn as many things as you can so you can vary your build as much as possible, and to have a steady supply of materials (not only for crafting - food as well!) for your everyday life. I'll be bold and say Fractured's progression is really something different from anything you've seen so far :slight_smile:

As for "levels", there are no levels in Fractured, so the right questions could be "how long will it take me to learn all the abilities and spells and proficiencies against different families of creatures". The answer is: hundreds and hundreds of hours, but that's a misleading answer, since to collect all of that is your personal choice as your character will be already competitive on day one."

There is also already a existing Thread where this (renaming of items) has been talked about.

@Belligero Agreed, was one cool thing where Diablo 2 you could put your characters name on an item. recall finding a rare unique and branding it :))

You haven't thought of the possibilities with this you already know that there is gonna be the player base that want name there long sword long John or something else people are very creative just having the makers name imprinted into to the sword is good enough

I Would like weapons to be known for its deeds, a sword that passes from person to person threw murder could become legendary, with extra stats- but force you in pvp mode even in safe areas, name changed Cursed (longsword) of death

An Axe that has beheaded and delimbed many monsters - The biter

A Players whos short sword focuses on killing goblins, A shortswords is better in small caves because there is less room to swing , it could end up name changeing to goblins bane

@Xzoviac I had something similar in my mind. When killing enough dragons with a long sword for example it can get a new name "dragonslayer" and maybe some bonus stats. However, this might turn the system quite heavy when there will be too much named weapons in the game.

@Tuoni could make it so it needs a huge amount like 100,000 and it needs to not be destroyed in that time- if it survives item becomes legendary, and is the only one.

if somone killed 1000 more dragons then legendary dragonslayer sword then your sword is destroyed, and someone else takes the enchantment

@Xzoviac said in Renaming of High Quality Items Suggestion:

@Tuoni could make it so it needs a huge amount like 100,000 and it needs to not be destroyed in that time- if it survives item becomes legendary, and is the only one.

Hmmmm... 🤔 Actually what if those legendary items in game would be players crafted and progressed with time and game wont have those in roster automatically.

@Tuoni as long as only one player could have each legendary item then it's fine, items with story and names, need to be unique (if everyone is the same no one is special)-crafting could be one way but does it have to be the only way?

Not everyone has to be equal, it dosent mean these items need to be mega op though. Just cool different and give all players something to strive for

Luck
    Persistence
    Skill
    Intelligence
    Brute strength
    Cunning

These All could be ways you come across something legendary, it will make you famous, wich will be dangerous for you as well as a blessing

@Eurav said in Renaming of High Quality Items Suggestion:

@Scarlet There won´t be any quality / tier system for crafting / gear in Fractured.

Here is a comment from @Prometheus about this:

"The item system of Fractured strongly empathizes equipment replaceability, so the average armor or weapon will be made of common materials and it will be easy for a player to craft a whole new set if he loses his own

To me it sounds like there is at least few tiers, because he is talking about average gear. It refers that there is at least something better available. Unless all gear is equally powerfull, but that would be a mistake tbh. Abilities will have 3 different power levels, so I was wondering what if gear would have 3 tiers too.. 🤔

you know people will have explicit content as item names.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

If the item had a set name and a list of preselected prefixes or suffixes we can choose based on the stats we crafted with the item, that could work as well.

Could end up with something like "Belligero's Swift Excalibur" or something along those lines. Maybe without the possessive description.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured