I suggest to continue the Foundation program

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Gothix said in I suggest to continue the Foundation program:

when you look at it, the word "foundation" means the base. Something you start with.

@Meiki said in I suggest to continue the Foundation program:

Well I personally think that the foundation should stick around until some later time, as it says it is a foundation, so until the game is done and ready for release, the game still has a base to build and putting some incentives for the players is actually a pretty good win-win situation for all.

I would say you are both right. Foundation can easily be defined either way. So imo the name itself won't be a problem as long as the pre-launch development is still going on.

Because the situation is going to change within upcoming Alphas and Betas, maybe some quests could be added and related for testing, feedback and suggestions. I would not forget content creators either, because in most cases they do very valueable job. Also positive acts for common good (e.g. community atmosphere ) is something that could be noticeable somehow.

@Tuoni

this Foundation could be a means of communication, community and getting a start (in the lore or whatever you want want to call it).

I just like the idea of getting cosmetics outside of the game where you don't have to pay (cash). being consistent and not being a troll/toxic gives a reward which you can display in game.

@Specter said in I suggest to continue the Foundation program:

@Pluto This is the idea. Prometheus hopes that eventually the community will be active enough he no longer needs the Foundation to spur activity.

But that would punish the people who found the game late, like me. I'd like the rewards to level 200 to be earnable during the beta.

Dunno, the foundation is a neat thing at first but it becomes almost like a burden when you are trying to achieve those last milestones. I think I'm past lvl 300 and I don't even know why I still try to get the daily points when there are no rewards left to unlock. Hopefully the forums get enough real activity with alphas and betas 🙂

@Rofus we are addicted to the grind 🙂

• This post is deleted!

@Pwnstar said in I suggest to continue the Foundation program:

punish

Punishment is wrong word. Punishment is when something is taken away from you that you already had.

Here its about missing getting a reward which is different thing.

Its like saying you are punished by not winning a lottery 😉

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I'd like to see a new version of it down the line once they feel they've corrected any issues with it. Perhaps more limited in scope of course. As the current one is a tad too aggressive with things like daily posting limits and such.

Could also leave the old rewards as a perk for being a part of the early community. Then have new stuff for everyone in the new version of it. Plus it'd serve as an alternative means to eventually earn things otherwise reserved to solely recruiting players for example (of which in many systems only content creators end up getting the fancy part of, IE: Star Citizen).

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

As someone who has been around awhile, since the Kickstarter... I probably COULD have gotten those higher tier rewards. But, I didn’t. I decided to wait until the game started getting fleshed out a bit more before becoming active.

I honestly think they should be for those who battled it out from the beginning. It’s a nice thank you to them.

Sure... they could implement a new system for the alpha... for the beta... for post release. But that’s just splitting hairs really. Once the NDA lifts, it will be much easier to be involved than it was the last 6 months.

Of course, the selfish side of me says keep it... I must have the shiny 😉

@Pluto said in I suggest to continue the Foundation program:

As someone who has been around awhile, since the Kickstarter... I probably COULD have gotten those higher tier rewards. But, I didn’t. I decided to wait until the game started getting fleshed out a bit more before becoming active.

I honestly think they should be for those who battled it out from the beginning. It’s a nice thank you to them.

I actually did the same almost a year ago when I found Fractured and registered as an user. There wasn't much concrete content which is why I personally left to wait more to happen.

I have to partly disagree with you what it comes to rising pedestal those who have been here long. I don't want to take anything away from them, but honestly a good amount of points are came from meaningless daily quest posts and daily bonus points. Especially during several months backwards when forums have been more or less dead. So I would not put that much value on those. Also most of the conversations from past have been more or less speculations (like still are) or devs answering to players' questions. I am confident, that devs have got some good ideas from community, but we have to remember, that the most important test parts are still coming. So we shouldn't just rank people how long they have been here, when more important is how much they have actually contributed and how much they will in future during upcoming ingame tests. Amen.

@Gothix said in I suggest to continue the Foundation program:

punish

Punishment is wrong word. Punishment is when something is taken away from you that you already had.

They are taking away something I would have had if they weren't ending the rewards early before the launch of the game.

So yes, I would have already had it if they hadn't ended it.

• For me the foundation as it is now is not working much. We are like 10 weeks late for the extractions and you don't find much incentive in the weekly extractions if you don't see a temporal continuation week by week..
    I will understand people that want to achive every rewards but as today for me is alredy ended\paused by the team that probably lack the time to follow everything. So in the end it need more attention and love or else for me is not worth to just have a +50 daily to reach lv 300 in the years.. is not something that you earn, is just brainless farm.

• This post is deleted!

They are taking away something I would have had if they weren't ending the rewards early before the launch of the game.
    So yes, I would have already had it if they hadn't ended it.

One can´t take away something you don´t have yet. They could just remove the Foundation System and pretend it was never there, and you still would not have lost anything (unless the time you invested into something you believed would give you something later on), as you do not have anything yet to begin with.

If you say it is unfair / a punishment that the Foundation will end (because you don´t have a high enough level to get you all the rewards), then that is also true for every other player, even future players. They would then never be able to stop the Foundation, in case they don´t want to punish / be unfair to certain players 👀

If there is a time limited sale, like 50% off for 2 days, for something you wanted to buy, but you missed it, do you also consider ending the sale before you could buy that item a punishment towards you? Because that is the exact same situation...

@00 Hence a system with both in-game and out-of-game achievements would be better. Like we are going to start testing soon, so they could add some in-game achievements with the values ranging from 50-500 having like - collect x different knowledge nodes, visit place A, craft your first weapon/armor/jewelry, assign your first skill, assign your first talent, visit all towns, make x steps with a single character and stuff like that. They could also add find and report a bug on the forum/via in-game methods and assign some points to those that are actively testing and finding the bugs to squash.

While I think this can be nice, I don´t think it is something you would want for a testing phase of the game. Achievements will only make players focus more on those, than on actually testing and voicing their opinions about the game. Additionaly points for bugs will probably only end up in the devs getting spammed with duplicate / unnecessary bug reports, so I doubt that this is a great idea as well.

@Tuoni said in I suggest to continue the Foundation program:

So we shouldn't just rank people how long they have been here, when more important is how much they have actually contributed and how much they will in future during upcoming ingame tests. Amen.

Well, if we go with that, I doubt that there really are many people who actually contributed to the devs more than the rest (outside of advertising the game or investing money into the game). Just being registered and inviting friends already helps a lot.

The vision that Dynamight Studios has for their game is very clear, so community made speculations are not really that important yet. They will be, when we get to see what the vision includes, so we can voice our problems with them / additions that would be great to have. This is also one of the reasons why the forum is pretty quiet. Most things are already pretty well thought out, and to actually experience them / see how they will work in the game we first need to actually play the game.

So... people who have been here longer, automatically already contributed more than people who joined later. I am sure there are also people who have been active previously, or maybe even before the foundation, that did not recieve any additional rewards for that.

@Eurav said in I suggest to continue the Foundation program:

They could also add find and report a bug on the forum/via in-game methods and assign some points to those that are actively testing and finding the bugs to squash.

Additionaly points for bugs will probably only end up in the devs getting spammed with duplicate / unnecessary bug reports, so I doubt that this is a great idea as well.

Or maybe it really encourages players to report bugs and not just play the game. There is nothing wrong with duplicate reports, those just back ups and gives more proof that there is a bug or an issue. Sometimes later done reports add new information related to the same case. And if devs notices that some people are doing valueable job when finding bugs and reporting them, why not reward those people?

So we shouldn't just rank people how long they have been here, when more important is how much they have actually contributed and how much they will in future during upcoming ingame tests. Amen.

Well, if we go with that, I doubt that there really are many people who actually contributed to the devs more than the rest (outside of advertising the game or investing money into the game). Just being registered and inviting friends already helps a lot.

The vision that Dynamight Studios has for their game is very clear, so community made speculations are not really that important yet. They will be, when we get to see what the vision includes, so we can voice our problems with them / additions that would be great to have. This is also one of the reasons why the forum is pretty quiet. Most things are already pretty well thought out, and to actually experience them / see how they will work in the game we first need to actually play the game.

So... people who have been here longer, automatically already contributed more than people who joined later. I am sure there are also people who have been active previously, or maybe even before the foundation, that did not recieve any additional rewards for that.

I am not speaking just from this point to beginning. I am speaking from the beginning to the launch. And between that time it is more important to reward more those who have actually done something meaningful and helpful. That how much current members have contributed is totally personal. Some have done more and some have just hanged there as freebies. And because current system is what it is, I suggested to make some changes to foundation program, so it would cater better upcoming test phases, where is more value on testing, feedbacks and suggestions.

Foundation program is generally a really good thing, it is not perfect and it has few flaws, but why not fix those flaws and make it even better? Whose butt will hurt from that? Only those who wants to get easy access for rewards.

And if devs notices that some people are doing valueable job when finding bugs and reporting them, why not reward those people?

So you want to give rewards to people because they were luckier / spent more money than others on the game(going with people who were invited to Pre - Alpha / bought Alpha vs people who e.g. only bought beta 2)? The current Foundation System is completely money and "luck" unrelated, which in my opionion is a very good thing, so if they are going to continue with the Foundation I hope it will stay like this 👀

Guess I was too hung up with the past / present there 😂 Ye, you are right, I certainly would not mind giving additional rewards to people who contributed / are going to contribute to the game in the future. If such a system will be implemented, I just hope that everyone will have the same chance to participate in it.

And if devs notices that some people are doing valueable job when finding bugs and reporting them, why not reward those people?

So you want to give rewards to people because they were luckier / spent more money than others on the game(going with people who were invited to Pre - Alpha / bought Alpha vs people who e.g. only bought beta 2)? The current Foundation System is completely money and "luck" unrelated, which in my opionion is a very good thing, so if they are going to continue with the Foundation I hope it will stay like this 👀

That is not what I actually meant. People can also make valueable suggestions based on content what they have seen or what they have told, and they can focus on aspects which are not actually in game yet. Of course those who have access to the game may be in better situation, but maybe it is acceptable. I do not want to exclude those people who have not bought the Alpha 1 package and can jump later on. If you can contribute different ways like atm, that is good. Just making few changes to current program and it will be enough.

Guess I was too hung up with the past / present there 😂 Ye, you are right, I certainly would not mind giving additional rewards to people who contributed / are going to contribute to the game in the future. If such a system will be implemented, I just hope that everyone will have the same chance to participate in it.

Okay, so we agree with this one. 😁

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

The concept of the Foundation program should be retained throughout the game's lifetime, but in a new form. It's currently a single ladder of progress.

In Elder Scrolls Online, they regularly have seasonal rewards for players who play the game. Most obviously, you get a reward for every day you log in out of the month, with a different reward schedule each month.

Basically, once the game reaches launch, there should be a Foundation-like rewards system that resets each month with different specific rewards.

@FibS Yeah daily, week and month rewards are quite standard in many games nowadays. Especially in mobile games where players are lured log in several times in a day. I guess this is spreading more to PC gaming too.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@FibS Yeah daily, week and month rewards are quite standard in many games nowadays. Especially in mobile games where players are lured log in several times in a day. I guess this is spreading more to PC gaming too.

As long as there's no "Claim this reward twice with VIP5! Just recharge $100 worth of pretend money!" system, I'm fine with the attendance reward.

However, the Foundation is not just attendance-based - it uses a community achievements system. As the game is also very achievements-based (see: how to empower spells and other specific skills), the ingame "Foundation" equivalent should be the same.

The monthly rewards system could even tie into each month's events, e.g. during the Christmas event you get bonus points towards that month's (i.e. December's) rewards for participating in the event.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured