Stretch Goals

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Personally I'm fine with no more stretch goals past what we've gotten. If, or maybe a few more that will go into a free expansion at some point after release. With something like this, I'm fine with the KISS approach. Do what you set out to do, and think about more features at a later time.

@Esoba

what if they offered stretch goal exclusive cosmetics? or stretch goal exclusive character creation options?

example:

200k full weapon cosmetic stretch goal exclusive.
    225k mount cosmetic stretch goal exclusive.
    250k armor cosmetic stretch goal exclusive.
    300k character option 1 (1 face, 1 hair, 1 facial hair, 1 skin color, etc) stretch goal exclusive.
    325k character option 2 (1 face, 1 hair, 1 facial hair, 1 skin color, etc) stretch goal exclusive.

They they could sell cosmetics in the shop with concept art as representation on how the item will look. If refunds are request (say "the item didn't match the concept art perfectly") they could give store credit.

I'd love some pre-release exclusive options!

Yeah I'd be fine with those as they're just cosmetic things. As long as the disclaimer was that they might not be delivered until post launch at some point. With any future stretch goals I like the idea of cosmetics more than additional features.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I'd rather see them finish the things promised us with the money they received rather than ask for more money for things that are well off into the future while the current goals still aren't even in development.

Think, please.

@Tuoni said in Stretch Goals:

(...)Implementing realistic goals which are really wanted/needed from developers behalf are the key here(...)

(...)Funding is still going on even KS has ended(...)

Once the game launched, there's still plenty of time (given that the game is hopefully successful) to expand the scope and implement additional features and content. That is how basically every MMORPG in existence progresses over time. That way all the funding can be used for the most crucial goal right now and later down the road there should be enough money (and the option to have stretch goal again) to work on additional requests.

@Logain said in Stretch Goals:

(...)Implementing realistic goals which are really wanted/needed from developers behalf are the key here(...)

(...)Funding is still going on even KS has ended(...)

Once the game launched, there's still plenty of time (given that the game is hopefully successful) to expand the scope and implement additional features and content. That is how basically every MMORPG in existence progresses over time. That way all the funding can be used for the most crucial goal right now and later down the road there should be enough money (and the option to have stretch goal again) to work on additional requests.

In some cases this is of course true, but it depends a lot of the features too. Some can be easily leave to the backlog and add to the game with post-release expansions. Some features can be important or even crucial to implement before release if they can have impact to the popularity and success of the game. Now if the implemention of these kind of features is unsure because lack of resources, it might be important to create a stretch goal to achieve that milestone. Albion Online needed to left some really important content features for the future expansions, which had negative effects to the game because those were not in the game in time of launch (e.g. guild QoL features).

Stretch goals is not a matter where people should be 100% against or 100% behalf. There is of course no reason to add stretch goals just for the sake of adding things or if those goals are a huge risk to delay the release even more. However, with proper stretch goal planning, developers can minimize the risks, get more really needed funds and/or add important/crucial features to the game.

Airborne housing as a stretch goal.

Houses that float just a little bit above ground, and have a little teleportation circle drawn on the ground near them, which owner can use, or those that have been granted permission by the owner.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

The reason this becomes a topic of ongoing discussion isn’t a way to increase feature creep. It’s so that people who can afford ongoing funding can realistically provide that funding. I’ll use my household for example. My Significant Other(SO) has a Duke of Syndesia pledge, and I have a Warlord of Tartaros pledge. At this point the only way for me to continue to fund this project is to buy alt accounts and/or try and buy accounts for members of my online community. I think it’s not only a question of stretch goals but also ongoing funding. So I appreciate the ongoing efforts to talk about possibilities. It makes me a bit excited about the store update that is currently occurring. 🙂

@Gothix said in Stretch Goals:

Airborne housing as a stretch goal.

Houses that float just a little bit above ground, and have a little teleportation circle drawn on the ground near them, which owner can use, or those that have been granted permission by the owner.

Well this could be part of player housing bonus package. 😉

@Belligero said in Stretch Goals:

I'd rather see them finish the things promised us with the money they received rather than ask for more money for things that are well off into the future while the current goals still aren't even in development.

Think, please.

by that stance no one may back the game which means the funds stop from crowfunding. stretch goals is there to persuade someone to put a little more cash in. only problem DS has now is the store has big jumps between backer packs. they need small items, like cosmetics, that could be used to push that funding a little further.

Star Citizen has plenty of small priced ships which is great because it allows someone to buy those many lower priced ships.

@Savitr
    This is a good point. I'm at immortal, but none of the higher tiers really have anything I want. Yet, I still would like a means to continue supporting the game. However, I personally dont need additional stretch goals to do that, just store stuff, like cosmetics, skins, pets, mounts, etc.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Esoba
    Those are all valid points. 🙂

@Savitr said in Stretch Goals:

The reason this becomes a topic of ongoing discussion isn’t a way to increase feature creep.. ..It’s so that people who can afford ongoing funding can realistically provide that funding.. ..I think it’s not only a question of stretch goals but also ongoing funding. So I appreciate the ongoing efforts to talk about possibilities.

These are really good points. Idea of stretch goals is not just add additional features, it is also about secure implementation of important features and collect generally more funds.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Hi Everybody,
    We decided not to add new stretch goals because we want to be realistic. In this period, we will focus our efforts on the developing of the basic mechanics and the knowledge system of Fractured and would make no sense promising new features that, right now, we can't afford. Remember that we decided to keep going on with these goals to allow you to obtain also the ones that we didn't succeed to reach during the Kickstart campaign. But, don't worry, because maybe new ones will be added after the start of Beta Phases! 🙂

@Znirf said in Stretch Goals:

would make no sense promising new features that, right now

Which is why we've suggested adding them after the release of the game.

@Jetah said in Stretch Goals:

Which is why we've suggested adding them after the release of the game.

But Stretch Goals after the release are just.... new Features?

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I like the way the devs are handling this. Unlike seemingly every other game out there, they want to get the game right first, rather than adding carrot after carrot after carrot to people and then having to squeeze all that stuff into the game. Far better to aim for a manageable game, rather than one that has two-dozen extra features tacked on.

@Eurav

what do you think stretch goals are?

@Jetah said in Stretch Goals:

@Eurav

what do you think stretch goals are?

I think the difference he meant to point out is the fact that most every MMORPG actually keeps 'developing/adding new features' after release in order to provide new content and keep the game 'alive'. That is usually done without explicit 'stretch goal funding'.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured