What albion did wrong- not a bash thread

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Xzoviac said in What albion did wrong- not a bash thread:

@Tuoni I think the biggest issue most can agree on is the inability to solo, not everyone wants to be in a big guild or has lots of friends who play the same game as them..

True. I hope we can see more solo and small scale content in Fractured. 🙂

@Tuoni

I hear that resource dungeons and solo dungeons are coming....

@Roccandil said in What albion did wrong- not a bash thread:

@Tuoni

I hear that resource dungeons and solo dungeons are coming....

SBI is doing a good job with creating new content and I am glad to hear, that they are trying to cater more solo and PvE centric players. I remember how resource dungeon concept was suggested and discussed few times already during beta phase. Even these features would be nice add, most likely these are implemented in mind to promote open world PvP, which was one thing some people dislikes.

I wonder if any anti zerg mechanisms will be put in place, like blessings of the gods doubling your hp if a hostile party attacks you 3v1 or something

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Until now, focusing on group zvz content rather than solo content

@Xzoviac said in What albion did wrong- not a bash thread:

I wonder if any anti zerg mechanisms will be put in place, like blessings of the gods doubling your hp if a hostile party attacks you 3v1 or something

I am sure there will be some and even planets might have different anti-zerg rules if wanted.

Actually there can be mechanic (I do not remember the name), which reduces damage dealt to the same target if multiple players attack at the same time.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

albion - enough is enough. its not real game its artificial shit. i liked many things in it but i hated more. one thing that they claim it to be ultima like, and it not even close. one of stupidest thing was personal island or like 600 logs in your backpack, or green, yellow and red zones, i can talk of it forever but this fire i burned out long ago.

• There's a lot to unpack here but I'd like to address the complaint regarding the lack to solo.. I've been in large guilds, small guilds, and run some.. I've been playing the game since pre-alpha on and off.

The game has never been more friendly to solos then it is in current form.. Further, since the game went free-to-play.. people are even using the group finder.. arenas are always jumping.. factions are always going.. and the royals are alive. SBI is releasing solo dungeons and gathering dungeons in the future.. I don't really see what more you could want from a full loot pvp open world game then the compromises they've made. Personally, I don't feel solo should be the focus in an MMO, but they've accommodated and will continue to do so as it seems.

Group and zvz content is why people play mmos. Open world pvp is the foundation of AO. The vocal minority here seem to want to log in to a living world.. only to play an the role of online hermit keeping to themselves. Lots of adventures to be had solo.. I do some of my best ganking solo.. lots to gather now.. lots of roaming mobs to kill.. It will only continue to get better for solos. Unfortunate so many have made up their mind, missing out.

The good news for Fractured is, the ground work has been laid.. Working systems implemented and fleshed out.. All they need to do is take the best aspects of AO and potentially improve on them where you feel SBI have come up short. The different worlds and their rule sets are an attempt to compromise.. The question is, how will it effect the number of players and does it potentially segregate and already niche games player base.

@Vortech said in What albion did wrong- not a bash thread:

Personally, I don't feel solo should be the focus in an MMO, but they've accommodated and will continue to do so as it seems. Group and zvz content is why people play mmos.

That is not the whole truth tbh. Everybody knows that group content is a huge part of MMORPGs. However, there is a lot of people who wants to do some solo content as well, and this is matter what is not so black and white either. Solo content is important in MMORPGs, because there is as much different kind of playstyles as there are players. Some people like to do mostly solo content, some only group, some 50/50 and rest anything possible combination of solo and group stuff. Moreover, even those who want to focus on group content will have situations when there is not enough time to start a group activity, you are not in the mood or there is not enough guildies/friends online. These are times when it is really important people have content to do as a solo as well. If we talk about those players who focus mostly on solo, playing MMORPG does not need players to do group content all the time. Even that solo player will interact with other players all the time and he/she does not need group for that. When they sell or buy stuff from other players or do some open world activity (e.g. gather or ganking) they are still interacting with other players and their actions have impact to the world.

The good news for Fractured is, the ground work has been laid.. Working systems implemented and fleshed out.. All they need to do is take the best aspects of AO and potentially improve on them where you feel SBI have come up short. The different worlds and their rule sets are an attempt to compromise..

I agree with you. At some point we really should start a discussion where we focus on best parts of Albion and how some mechanics and features could be part of Fractured, and/or how those best things could be evolved/mold to suit better in Fractured.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I'm unsure what's asymmetrical about the gameplay to you..

You could try reading the post you responded to, since I expected to need to explain what I meant and promptly did so, and all.

I'm not interested in debating the nature of Albion Online, however. It's a fraud of a game and no amount of apologist mental gynmastics will change that.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Explain to us why is it a fraud?

• @Tuoni I was never in those big guilds, man. no wonder they never cared when ganking even if they died. In a way, it is a cool concept man you pool all and free super cool gear.
    But again that is not my playstyle I mostly do solo, farming, and crafting.
    That is the reason I am slowly moving away from Albion and waiting for this game, man it is June when they gonna release Alpha Phase II.
    also, if you look at the steam chart the number of players are slowly decreasing, soon I guess big guilds and Zergs will be left with the ghost town lol.
    Albion.PNG

• @FibS also have you noticed lately in front of market dudes on donkeys with the ad for cheap gold and silver, you right there fella, it is a great game but man I sometimes it feels like it changed to F2P but P2W.
    but I am in Love with the Albion Market system though, you gotta give credit to that. Total Player based economy.

• @FibS said in What albion did wrong- not a bash thread:

I'm unsure what's asymmetrical about the gameplay to you..

You could try reading the post you responded to, since I expected to need to explain what I meant and promptly did so, and all.

I'm not interested in debating the nature of Albion Online, however. It's a fraud of a game and no amount of apologist mental gynmastics will change that.

I asked because your post just read more like a dogmatic abstracted rant of edgy gaming generalisms.. You've been contributing to the community here a long time, but this AO talk seems to have struck a chord. I was interested in you explaining a bit and participating in a proper discussion.. Though it seems your disappointment? has made you a bit salty. Unfortunate because I doubt anything good could come from the position you've taken now.

Everyone has an opinion, no worries.

@DevilsDog said in What albion did wrong- not a bash thread:

also, if you look at the steam chart the number of players are slowly decreasing, soon I guess big guilds and Zergs will be left with the ghost town lol.

This spike and decline happens with every content release.. It'll be no different here over time. I know the majority of players use the official launcher, but I never get over those hundreds that used Steam back in 2018. F2P really got things going, from hundreds to over 10k+ peaks.

@DevilsDog said in What albion did wrong- not a bash thread:

@Tuoni I was never in those big guilds, man. no wonder they never cared when ganking even if they died. In a way, it is a cool concept man you pool all and free super cool gear.

Well that "cool" concept can be effective and in some guilds all members are find with that system. However, it can be used very wrong by officers and players on better position in guilds' hierarchy. Let some members to gather all the resources so elite can progress their overall fame, refining and crafting for free, and with little effort. Now if you think it from this point of view, this system does not sound so good anymore. That is why I hope, that in Fractured players can not boost other players' progression and that way individual players (especially crafters) matter much more.

@Tuoni

I see your point, though I wonder how much that would hurt markets. I'd guess some basic progression could be bought in Fractured, or at least supported (buying certain raw materials instead of finding them), but that wouldn't be repetitive: craft X item once with Y materials, and you're done with that task.

Albion does let you buy a lot of progression!

@Roccandil could even have progression in tradeing the more you sell/buy the more passives you get, bigger stall more advertising posts, less tax paid, faster merchant mule.

That could be more connected to politics than with trading skill itself.

Better politics skill = less taxes, better stall spot,...

Trading skill (mechanical) isn't meant for sandbox... you are trading with other people, you are as good in trading as you can be as real player. Trading skill is more meant for theme park MMOs where you are trading with NPCs a lot.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

As a former Albion player I grew tired of only fighting skeletons and orcs in the dungeons. I do enjoy PVP but when I am in the mood for some PVE I really hope Fractured has a variety of monsters to discover!

@Nukem hmmmm.. I remember NPC factions: The Undeads, Demons from Hell, Diciples of Morgana, Keepers of Albion and The Heretics.

I know what you mean by that and those same enemies were getting bored quite fast, but I do not remember any orcs.. Was there really orcs? 🤔

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured